Tavern Arcana - Mafia Win

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
See, if anything I find it hard to believe dess. He claims a cop role but has not been assisting us at all during this game. Additionally, it seems rather convenient that he's claiming the day after notty dies. I would like it for there to be two of us cops but I'm finding it hard to understand why Dess hasn't been assisting with the card claiming.
This was because it just so happened that n1 I investigated Choco, he outed himself that day so why bother outing him as town. n2 I investigated ender, but you outed him. n3 I investigated you

Reactions: Roobarb Pie

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Ok, my card is The Temperance. I am basically the role blocker. I haven't blocked anyone because I haven't had time to. I was planning to block Ender this night so his ability or what not doesn't proc so yeah.

Anyways, I got some sort of video sent to me as a dream with that Russian Kid screaming in Minecraft. Could someone explain this/who sent me this?

erik5456

Reaction score
Also guys I'm going to point out that erik5456 has only posted 8 times now and suddenly after I call out people on possibly being mafia he comes and accuses me
Personal and school life are very busy for me and mafia does not take first priority unfortunately. I've also not felt like I've had much to contribute. I now have free time, had a reply (to which i talked about everything happening, not just about you role cc'ing roob) and we just lost 2 townies after having already lost our doctor and now to me it seems like you're trying to convince us to lynch off our rolecop. If anything, It'd be more suspicious if I didn't say anything or simply agreed with you.

It seems like people do not like my idea so I am Temperance. And Fog I will gladly share what my role does as soon as you do too (unless you already have and I've missed it in which case I apologize).
I think it's a little too early to jump the gun and just suddenly blame Runemen for Ooglies death or myself. That being said, the decaying that's been described with people dying would make sense to be the death cards power. In which case it does seem like Roobs investigation went wrong or Oog targeted himself (highly unlikely).

I'm probably gonna be off for a while (Easter with family but I promise more activity because I'm not being slaughtered by assignments or scholarship deadlines) but ill still try and look at the thread

erik5456

Reaction score
Announced right as I'm typing this Rune claims temperance excellent. Ya I'm gonna need 2 hours to actually eat and I will reply. In the meanwhile, Runes lying and I'm temperance
*bolded* unvote
Vote Rune
*bolded*

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Ok, my card is The Temperance. I am basically the role blocker. I haven't blocked anyone because I haven't had time to. I was planning to block Ender this night so his ability or what not doesn't proc so yeah.

Anyways, I got some sort of video sent to me as a dream with that Russian Kid screaming in Minecraft. Could someone explain this/who sent me this?
Ender is literally the fool he has no power

Reactions: Roobarb Pie
D

Deleted member 4601

also what about the fact that mulb was voting choco and oog was pushing for a notty lynch
I should probably justify myself voting for choco at this point - I voted for choco over notty on day 1 because I thought choco was anti-town. Not that I didn't believe that Notty was anti-town, but the fact that choco was strongly pushing for a mass-claim yet spending lots of time arguing with notty over petty things and contributing nothing towards scumhunting or presenting any evidence against notty made me come to the conclusion that both choco and notty were probably anti-town and one of them was mafia. Which presented this situation:
  • Lynching Notty and Investigating Choco
  • Lynching Choco and Investigating Notty
Keeping in mind that I was certain that both of them had chances of being anti-town more than town, I picked the latter option on the basis that an investigation on notty would prove to be more helpful to town since notty herself had already claimed and we would have some sort of reference to base the investigation report against, and that in the small chance of notty's claim being actually true and choco's odd refusal to claim, it would be more beneficial to keep notty for the night for town in the long run.

* * * * *​

I was going to do a nicely formatted multi-quote message to talk about stuff but I'm running late for a date so Imma just dump it all here for now:
  • I'm inclined to believe that the deaths during the day were caused by third-parties - the deaths always seem to put someone in particular in suspicion - Aqua's death helped fuel suspicion on notty and Oog's death would make people turn to me. It doesn't make sense for it to be town or mafia, or some sort of gunsmith since it'd be silly to give it to notty as she had claimed so herself.
  • Even though I have claimed I still am against a massclaim simply because of the risks involved, so I would advice that the people who haven't claimed keep their roles and abilities to themselves for the time-being - we don't know how many hostile players there are on the field, and we shouldn't underestimate them. Especially mafia, since given a 23 player setup you'd expect mafia to be quite big and only a few as been killed - notty, and possibly oog if death is a mafia role. We could quite literally be on the edge from losing here.
  • It is in both town's and mafia's best interests to keep dess and roob both alive so I do think they will make it to day 4 if there is a day 4.
A little about myself:
  • I'm on GMT +8 so I might appear to stay silent when the majority of you are active on the forums so there are situations where it may seem like I'm inactive but I'm just on a different timezone.
  • Oog didn't know what he was talking about. Swapping two players is literally what the chariot does (and yes, town-aligned). Think of bus-driver - this is what I meant when I said that my abilities seemed to be based more on my card name than its actual meaning. I didn't do anything on Night 1 and Night 2 I didn't do anything but Night 3 I tried to swap roob with myself but the swapping failed for some reason.
That's all from me for now.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I suppose if we are 'Mass Claiming' why the hell not. I am The Wheel of Fortune. Everynight a wheel is spun and I get given a random ability, however, this ability has the chance to backfire and negatively impact myself. For example blocking my own vote or for example Watching oog last night and seeing that he visited Rune and both Roob and Erik visited him <3

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
It seems a lot of stuff has happened today. I'm still trying to figure out how to proceed, but since it seems everyone else is mass claiming, I'll join in.
I am The World. I'm the town's watcher. Every night I visit a player and in the morning I receive a report of everyone who's visited that same player.

Night 1 I was really suspicious of Notty and was afraid a cop might visit and get a report and then people might try to bring up the 'it must be a lawyer/framer' argument I've seen in a lot of games. Nobody visited Notty on this night.

Night 2 I visited Danni. Nobody visited him.

Night 3 I visited Dess. Nobody visited him.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
As far as today's strategy goes. Lynching between cop claims is almost always a bad strategy as one of them usually dies anyway. Regardless of who we think is more scummy (Dess or Roob) I think good strategy is to avoid lynching between these two because usually there will be more than one clue, and they'll come up with more information that we can use to decide between them each night anyway. General strategy suggests we lynch between a current counter claim instead, (of which it seems we have 2), but I can't decide if that's even applicable in the Mulb vs Oog case since Ooglie is dead and unconfirmable... It seems Rune and Erik both claim Temperance, so that seems like a pretty good place to start, but since they probably can't both have that card we could always save a mislynch and use both Roob and Dess to investigate both during the night. Of course, that's assuming one of them is lying about being a role cop. They could both come back the next day with the same report, in which case it'd be impossible to tell which of Roob and Dess is lying, but we'd know 100% certain if it's Rune or Erik that's lying. Assuming either Roob or Dess is mafia the other option is one of them lies to save their mafia buddy. In this case we just have to lynch whoever is scummier between Erik and Rune and if we're wrong we'll wake up the next day with two confirmed mafia. There's a couple of problems with that plan though, so I'm not sure i'd really support it unless others saw a way to make it work.

We should probably lynch between Erik and Rune today, but I'm gonna need to sleep on this decision before I make any votes. Hopefully I'll make another post tomorrow when I've had a chance to think things through more.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Today is a clusterfuck, example:

Oog wanted to kill Mulbery.

Oog died, then we should probably kill Mulbery,
since it’s a town thing to die like that, usually.

Roob claim that Oogs card was death, that makes sense since we had a CC on oog card, strengthening the reasons for oogs card being death

This kind of whitewashes Mulbery.

The kill during day would most likely be death though, if not the devil or another fitting card.

This makes it possible that oog was not death

That leads to supicousion on oog being town, making us have reason to lynch Mulbery.

Except the death thing kill during day, oogs card being death makes sense, and roob has not let us down so far.

That makes me think that Mulbery might be town

This makes me suspect Dess because two cops is weird, and the magician, really, really doesn’t fit a cop role.

However dess wanted notty dead IIRC

this is a cluster fuck and I got no idea who to lynch.

From my line of thought I’d take a bet on Dess, due to his card and his claim not really fitting, in addition to that his card was previously considered possible mafia.

However, I am unsure.

Can we get our claims in tomorrow, from our different PR roles, and take another look then?

If so, who do we lynch?

I mean if he game doesn’t end with ender being dead, we could lynch him, since he say he can fuck up our late game it might be good to lynch him now.

So for now

Vote ender

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
We got a ton of suspects now, and quite a few cc's. Honestly what I'm keen on knowing is 1. Who shot Ooglie 2. Everyone's roleNAME 3. Any VITAL info that we could use for our lynch. This may be a mylo situation so we should take our time.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Things are starting to get very confusing and complex so I would suggest that someone ( Fog ) should make a table with: players - role card claim - role ability claim - what proofs they have supporting then, and also put the basic meaning of the rest of the tarot cards somewhere. I would have done that myself if it wasn’t for that I have 0 time and only got my phone, so I hope someone are willing to <3

D

Deleted member 4601

Things are starting to get very confusing and complex so I would suggest that someone ( Fog ) should make a table with: players - role card claim - role ability claim - what proofs they have supporting then, and also put the basic meaning of the rest of the tarot cards somewhere. I would have done that myself if it wasn’t for that I have 0 time and only got my phone, so I hope someone are willing to <3
I used excel since I was lazy:

Stuff that I missed out: Fog's ability to get random abilities and The Lovers' ability

Do tell me if I've missed out anything or if I got anything wrong.

Reactions: Unusual_Dood

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m just gonna claim my card should since it’s a rather “good one” and several of the last non claimed cards are suspicious.

Uh nvm, has anyone died (night), without previously revealing their card? ( I don’t think so, except possible serial killer deaths)

Theory: mafia have to know someone’s cards to kill them (can probably guess, but no kill if they are wrong)

This would serve as a balance point in case we mass claimed D1 and just lynched off the “bad” cards.

We might be pretty fucked either way now, but I want us to discuss this, before I claim.

I really don’t mind claiming my card, it’s not death or devil, I literally typed it out and was about to post it.

In the night Roobarb Pie please check Erik (or rune) ( just putting this here Incase day ends while I sleep)

Opinions still are about the same, as before.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I would probably go for dess because his card is sketchy, his claim is weird when we already have a role cop, but who the fuck knows, maybe roob is mafia sided, and mafia has to know someone’s card to lynch them, as theorized above.

It’s a hard call