The Bastard Game: Day 5

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
double-check the punctuation on that one sweetie:
I had to read it 5 times before I finally understood what you mean so alright I'll give you that, I thought you were saying you made the softclaiming extremely obvious.

and here's a nice definitive statement that everyone is expected to pick up because it's delivered confidently except for the fact that the theoretical mafia role makes no sense? seems like it'd either be too niche to be effective or overpowered depending on the crucial detail you left out (how the players have their roles revealed and why they're apparently not cautious at all) but ok. i've already gone through how either your report was tampered with (which you inexplicably refuse to believe) or you're lying and therefore antitown. at this point i kinda hope that you're not scum cause then you'll feel pretty damn silly.
With the information that you're guilty theres 3 things I could see going on here:
1) I'm like some sort of crazy bastard cop but saying I am has as much merit to it as saying I'm not, and I'd rather believe the part where I'm sane and I guess you can call that naïve but I have a guilty report and I plan to act on it instead of ignore it.
2) You and Inf made this inn nonsense up and are both Mafia!
3) You are Mafia but Inf isn't, meaning the inn has the be real since Inf wouldn't randomly come up with an inn thing would he? That means Inf and dess were in a real inn and you're the innkeeper who invited them and as Mafia this is for Mafia purposes (it might of even been your idea to name it the lie detector inn and try and trick them into stuff). I'd like Infected_alien8_ to tell me exactly what he knows about the inn from ender, and nothing else about what jivvi or dess may have told them about it. And I'd also like to know what exactly went down in this inn and this time clearly without and white lies please.

You argument for players not being cautious is nullified by the fact both Dess and Inf claimed stuff and confided things in your inn last night, clearly it works to get players to talk. Their roles aren't revealed but since it's named the 'lie detector inn'(or something along those lines) and they were told either by you or Ender that if they lie about their alignment the Town Interrogator would know, they might just assume claiming stuff would be in the towns best interrest and thus trick them into revealing things to the Mafia(you).

If I said anything wrong here or these are not the only 3 scenarios that can be running about with the knowledge I have a guilty report(and spare me magical bus driver roles that swapped my action on Jivvi magically on a Mafia, just throw that under #1) then tell me what I missed, if you can't think of anything then you can take a look at the 3 and you'll probably see why I'm keen and sure that we should be lynching Jivvi. Pretty sure if Jivvi places himself in my shoes with my information even he would go for this lynch, unless he's really adamant on the cop being bastarded. I hope this better makes you understand my thought process.

oof i keep getting hit with these confident definitive statements? don't act like the burden of proof isn't on both of us. nothing sets apart our claims besides inf, who if anything is a boon to my claim.
They're definitive since did I mention I have a guilty report on you? I know shocking barely could get the words out myself. Burden of proof is definitly on the both of us for everyone else. But I'm not sure what proof you're expecting me to show everyone because I'm the cop and I got a guilty report there is litterally nothing I can say or do that confirms this besides my word so don't act like I'm hiding something.

one last note before i post this and stop updating it from new posts; i agree with ooglie that man inf ur role is pretty wild now wth. also agree on not thinking lynching a doc claim on that alone is worth the risk. if i flipped mafia though? for sure
You're right with our current situation there is 0 reason to even consider an Inf lynch really.

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
tbh we should lynch vat today

Notty should reveal their name since the mafia know who she is since they attacked her last night, then the doc can protect notty and if there's no mafia blocker then she'll get us some more reports which may or may not be accurate

Jivvi should invite 2 more people to the lie detector to prove his story

then tomorrow we can continue with the info we get
Why should we lynch Vat if you have no reason to suspect them?

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Post zillas when ppl don't have time to read them AHHHHH
Anyway I'm on post #1120 and have to do stuff so I'm going to post my observations rn

1. Inf doesn't have to worry about a medical malpractice suit anymore

2. Notty's claim seems reasonable

Imo more reasonable than Jivvi' s
Mostly because
3. Inf said "interrogator isn't in here"
And he also said notty got attacked last night (Nottykitten the player, not the role right?), though that is dependent on inf's role being legit still.

4. But Jivvi doesn't seem totally unreasonable yet (I.e. I don't think we should lynch him yet)

I will read more later

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
oh, I thought you meant fake Vat. We have like a 1/17 chance of lynching the real one.

what is <o>?
<o> = my psychic vibes which are sometimes incredibly accurate for no real reason

like two games ago my <o> told me that arelic was mafia but I'd die n2 if I visited her, and I visited her and turns out we were a pairing who poisoned each other if we visited each other, and she was mafia, so the prophecy came true

and usually my vibes and gut feelings are like above 50% chance accurate (apart from last game when i was wrong about basically everything but WE DONT TALK ABOUT THAT GAME)

• Disagree
Reactions: Mooglie

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
We could lynch ltin too but noone seems to agree with my read on him but i'd totally be down for that as well
I don't think we should be lynching anyone besides Jivvi or me. If I'm wrong about this sanity thing then blame the game loss on me but I don't think I am and we shouldn't pretend the Jivvi/me thing doesn't exist. I'm kind of making this lynch choice unfair since we all know Jivvi's name and not mine but hey :thinking:

Also if any of you don't believe my claim then can you tell me why you think I would lie about this? Keep in mind I didn't even know flavour Nottykitten was going to be the supposed 'Interrogator' when I claimed

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
With the information that you're guilty theres 3 things I could see going on here:
1) I'm like some sort of crazy bastard cop but saying I am has as much merit to it as saying I'm not, and I'd rather believe the part where I'm sane and I guess you can call that naïve but I have a guilty repo
so basically your sanity is a tossup and you scumread me?
2) You and Inf made this inn nonsense up and are both Mafia!
putting two mafia into a fake claim play on day one would be supremely idiotic although i acknowledge the wifom
3) You are Mafia but Inf isn't, meaning the inn has the be real since Inf wouldn't randomly come up with an inn thing would he? That means Inf and dess were in a real inn and you're the innkeeper who invited them and as Mafia this is for Mafia purposes (it might of even been your idea to name it the lie detector inn and try and trick them into stuff). I'd like Infected_alien8_ to tell me exactly what he knows about the inn from ender, and nothing else about what jivvi or dess may have told them about it. And I'd also like to know what exactly went down in this inn and this time clearly without and white lies please.
this is a really strange claim tbh cause i still don't understand what purpose it would serve for the mafia. are you implying that i would be able to create a fake lie detector inn? i get that it's a bastard game but i believe you've already expressed your opinion on the gimmicks being largely restricted to the playername/rolename mechanic so this goes against that claim and serves to invalidate the arguments you made with it. you're also operating with the assumption that i'm mafia, which you "know" but nobody else does, and so the logic isn't sound. you're kinda doing that 'begging the question' logical fallacy thing except it doesn't work because nobody else has your perspective. from a point of view framing me as town, or even as unknown i fail to see how your mafia fake chat maker would work or be used to any sort of advantage. on top of that i feel like this blows inf's original (not even revised) claim out of water in terms of wackiness.
You argument for players not being cautious is nullified by the fact both Dess and Inf claimed stuff and confided things in your inn last night, clearly it works to get players to talk. Their roles aren't revealed but since it's named the 'lie detector inn'(or something along those lines) and they were told either by you or Ender that if they lie about their alignment the Town Interrogator would know, they might just assume claiming stuff would be in the towns best interrest and thus trick them into revealing things to the Mafia(you).
i feel like you're really reaching here; this is wildly incorrect. my post where i corrected inf shortly after he corrected himself is the truth, and if you really want i can dig up the quotes but rn i'm going to just continue this post.
They're definitive since did I mention I have a guilty report on you? I know shocking barely could get the words out myself. Burden of proof is definitly on the both of us for everyone else. But I'm not sure what proof you're expecting me to show everyone because I'm the cop and I got a guilty report there is litterally nothing I can say or do that confirms this besides my word so don't act like I'm hiding something.
exactly; burden on proof is on both of us and so your definitive statements are useless to any rational town player, only serving to try and persuade lazier players who'd rather latch onto something that seems right enough rather than read through

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also if any of you don't believe my claim then can you tell me why you think I would lie about this? Keep in mind I didn't even know flavour Nottykitten was going to be the supposed 'Interrogator' when I claimed
you also don't know if you're sane or not but you continued to push on me regardless even after learning my role this is a moot point.
Infact you're not even a claimed town PR where again did you describe your abilities and how they work?
this is stupid because i'm pretty sure everything has been outlined already but if you want it repeated it's pretty simple

i'm the town interrogator. at night i choose two people and they join a chat with me (told nothing by ender but "you may converse here tonight"), and ender tells me when they lie about their role or alignment. it's slightly clunky because of timezones but thats the price i pay for living upside-down i guess.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
How does your role work, Jivvi?
i'm the town interrogator. at night i choose two people and they join a chat with me (told nothing by ender but "you may converse here tonight"), and ender tells me when they lie about their role or alignment. it's slightly clunky because of timezones but thats the price i pay for living upside-down i guess.
i mean if you were referring to just that then ok, but im more wondering whether ender confirms that theyre lying/telling the truth for an individual person on allignment/role separately, or if it's like "someone is lying" as an overall result for both players