CAPITALISM MAFIA

Iggish

Reaction score
What are you this "Other" politician whom has to die for me to gain my PR role?
Possibly. Meh, I'll just claim as you and others have guessed it and I don't think Danni is going to resolve anything.
I'm Hillary Clinton.
Tbh, I have no idea if I do have to die for that but it would make sense, wouldn't it?
I would doubt Jivvi made obth of us townies but if you are Hillary Clinton over Obama or Bernie Sanders then she is a right wing democrat supporting many big companies so.... eh.
That's one of the reasons I find it hard to believe that you v inf is a town v town scenario.
I thought someone said the democrats in America were central, not right wing?
I don't have any reason TO kill you, since my PR role isn't the greatest but if you are this opposing politician and you have something in your role about me being dead then I'm worried you may not be townsided which is another reason I STRONGLY recommend you lynch someone else.
I don't have any reason to kill you either and my role is pretty damn "meh" as well. That's the thing, we don't know if sides and political views have anything to do faction in this game and until there's proof that there's not, I'm inclined to believe you are mafia and not town sided with me.

Yeah, I'd be down for a Rune lynch but before I made the mistake about you lying, you were the most suspicious for me. While you were the most suspicious to me, I didn't want to vote for you as if you flipped town, it would make me look bad. It could also make it look like I had a win condition. I said this before somewhere just after you claimed Trump or something iirc.

Lynching Ender is an obvious dilemma though. I don't want the game to end but on the other hand, we have no proof that it would, you could just be trying to get out of being lynched and we would be passing up the chance to kill someone scummy.
From the other side of the argument again, we'd be able to lynch tomorrow but if we let ender live, there might not be a tomorrow.

To be honest, I agree with (I think) notty, this day has been going on for ages and I just want the day to end at this stage. While saying that, I don't want to rashly vote someone just for the day to end.

Would ender not have just won outright when he received the clap posts or do they normally have to survive the day?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Finally, I'm gonna admit that I've kinda lost a lot of suspicion on you (I know people are gonna call me out on pandering to try and get inf to change his vote but I'm being genuine.)
You're just mentioning this because it's exactly what you're doing and you're trying to downplay it like it's not.

Plus it's time for me to use the 'look if Aqua was town wouldn't the Mafia have lynched him by now? The low stagnant amount of votes proves he's Mafia!!'.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Lemmie explain this again.

In an Americans perspective the Democrats are Central and the Republicans are Right-Wing

However on a global perspective both are right of the centre, with Republicans being far right.

• Informative
Reactions: Iggish

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
You're just mentioning this because it's exactly what you're doing and you're trying to downplay it like it's not.

Plus it's time for me to use the 'look if Aqua was town wouldn't the Mafia have lynched him by now? The low stagnant amount of votes proves he's Mafia!!'.
I've asked you to formulate your own argument against me rather than just agreeing with inf, which you still haven't done. Me thinks you're more of a parrot than feline.

Also considering my read on you and Hk are both definitely mafia then I think the problem with that logic which you've failed to address is that maybe it's the mafia who are ALREADY voting for me.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I've asked you to formulate your own argument against me rather than just agreeing with inf, which you still haven't done. Me thinks you're more of a parrot than feline.
I have so it appears you're the one parroting yourself yet again.

You're trying to discredit people's arguments against you by rehashing the same things like 'you're taking things out of context', 'you're misquoting me' and now 'you're litterally copying Infs argument you're not original you're parroting'.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I HAVE JUST WOKEN UP THIS IS PROBABLY A HORRIBLE IDEA

FIRST QUOTE:
Inf you still don't understand ffs. I did doubt you somewhat, I also considered it a possibility that you weren't lying. So it's not like I didn't change my mind I was just swayed by oogs post so my opinion changed slightly. You're acting like it was some massive leap in judgement to go from "hmm I think he's silenced but he could be lying" to "hmm actually I think he might be lying"

Because if you read this and ignore the insults it's hardly a solid opinion that inf is definitely silenced and it's not as if I go to he's definitely lying I say:

This never implied that I had a strong opinion either way I said "Lynching inf would determine whether or not there is a silencer" because it would give town valuable information regardless of whether you were lying or telling the truth. If you flipped town we'd assume you were telling the truth, if not you would be lying and we'd have a mafia/3p kill under our belt.

Secondly I even state "at this point we're grasping at straws" I was clearly aware this is not enough evidence to lynch you, it's just that it was the only lead town really had at that point. I had no intention of going the full way without looking back it was just a starting vote to apply some pressure. Yes I say the word "Lynch" but it's just a buzzword to make you spooked so if you were lying you would be more likely to break under the pressure.
All this makes sense as a defence but my problem with it is that it took you several days and a re-read and analysis of your own post's wording for you to come up with it. If all this was the truth then why was it so difficult for you to just say all this in the first place?

Your dumb plan was fucking garbage holy shit...
It got myself and others reads, so I disagree

Because I did a game ending 3P meme role, and I know Jivvi... he would too
Would he though?

That's one of the reasons I find it hard to believe that you v inf is a town v town scenario.
What's that reason? I'm not understanding

Yeah, I'd be down for a Rune lynch but before I made the mistake about you lying, you were the most suspicious for me. While you were the most suspicious to me, I didn't want to vote for you as if you flipped town, it would make me look bad. It could also make it look like I had a win condition. I said this before somewhere just after you claimed Trump or something iirc.
It does seem a bit weird to me that you were fine to let someone who you thought was scum, go on living, purely so that you'd have more chance of survival, doesn't exactly sound like a townie-mindset, but then again the fact that you're so honest about it kinda makes me trust you. That's the thing about you, I feel like you've been extremely honest this entire game, I've had very little trouble understanding your thought processes, you've admitted to mistakes and ones that could make you look scummy, and yeah, if you're Mafia I think you're really sneaky

Lynching Ender is an obvious dilemma though. I don't want the game to end but on the other hand, we have no proof that it would, you could just be trying to get out of being lynched and we would be passing up the chance to kill someone scummy.
From the other side of the argument again, we'd be able to lynch tomorrow but if we let ender live, there might not be a tomorrow.
Aqua may also have some important ability that he can use for his buddies tonight, meaning that leaving him alive could be detrimental.

Would ender not have just won outright when he received the clap posts or do they normally have to survive the day?
The only time I've seen that is Aqua's game last game, and Aqua also thought that 'lots of vigilantes are third party' even when I've never seen that before either. Personally I doubt Jivvi would've included this in his game because he always seems smart to me but everyone's capable of doing something unexpected so who knows I guess. Personally I find it more likely that Aqua has a power that he wants to use tonight as Mafia, rather than Ender winning the game if he survives.

Yeah I thought this too, the fact that it's been so slow to lynch Aqua, and there's so much resistance purely in the form of refusing to give an opinion on him, makes me kinda suspicious.

On the other hand Notty (and Rune) seemed to completely ignore Aqua's somewhat reasonable defence and said it was just more 'inf misquoted me' even though that particular post wasn't and I'm paranoid that Notty's just wanting Aqua lynched for reasons other than scumhunting, but I also town-read Notty so

Ok I have a question (which may be a stupid question), but anyway, is it possible there's a role where they win if they get lynched?
Is it possible that somebody is trying to play a fool to get lynched so they can win?
Possible but like TWG said, seems pretty stupid to have that kind of role in a forum game, and potentially waste everybody's time and effort by making it end by a secret Fool role, so I doubt it. But who do you think would be this role if it did exist?

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Tbf i got a bit tired of heated discussions after i spent time trying to get reads on the aqua vs inffy convo, so i didnt spent too much time reading about what went down with rune.

Can someone give me a summary of what went down with rune, cus i really dont want to read back 15 pages.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Can everyone just give their thoughts on whether they want to lynch aqua/rune or not thanks <3

Anyone who remains silent is gonna look suspicious so it's in your own favour to do it

Tbf i got a bit tired of heated discussions after i spent time trying to get reads on the aqua vs inffy convo, so i didnt spent too much time reading about what went down with rune.

Can someone give me a summary of what went down with rune, cus i really dont want to read back 15 pages.
Basically

- Notty started pointing fingers at Iggish
- Rune hopped in saying Iggish was acting like last game (where he was scum), trying to lead town and push for lynches
- I disagreed
- Iggish then made a post which resembled his defence style last game (using dramatic words and bolding them and stuff), which I pointed out did actually resemble last game
- Rune agreed with me
- Iggish stopped the dramatic defenses, Notty dropped her defence, the situation cooled down
- Rune cooled down
- We asked rune why he said that Iggish was trying to lead town/push for lynches, even when he wasn't, and he avoided the question like 100 times
- Eventually he responded with an answer about how Iggish being vocal about defending himself and making that graph to show why he mentioned Canada, somehow(???) lead him to believe that Iggish was trying to push for lynches and lead town. He said he was skimming through posts and it was just a general kind of feeling that since he was talkative, he was trying to lead town like last game, which made him suspicious.
- Me and Iggish have a bit of trouble understanding why it took Rune so long to give an answer, why he dodged the question so many times, and why he jumped from 'Iggish is making a graph and defending himself' to 'Iggish is leading lynches on town like last game', because that isn't what he was doing from what anyone can tell
- Me and Iggish think it's possible that Rune tried to jump on the Iggish pressure train as an easy lynch but it failed because he didn't have a solid argument against Iggish and just made something up to add pressure onto him

I think that pretty much sums it up?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

And what's your thoughts on Aqua's defence recently?

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Oh well about rune, it does seem a bit suspicious (assuming your summary is correct), but i still have a strong reason to trust rune

This is him being the only canadian player, which is likely trudeau, and i just cant see trudeau being scum.

But might still be the case

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But why would he? He also claimed last, which in my eyes makes that less believeble.
So that he wouldn't be cc'd, and so that he could look innocent if he succeeded in convincing us all that right wing = town, left wing = communist, like he said before

If anything the fact that he claimed that last makes me more suspicious of it

• Agree
Reactions: Unusual_Dood

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
All this makes sense as a defence but my problem with it is that it took you several days and a re-read and analysis of your own post's wording for you to come up with it. If all this was the truth then why was it so difficult for you to just say all this in the first place?
Would he though?
Because as you know very well, I wasn't putting much effort into reading the thread, thinking about what I was doing and even going back to reread my own posts to formulate a defence.

I wouldn't consider that scummy, just lazy.

Also yes inf, Jivvi would.

and Nottykitten actually kys.

If your ONLY reason fo rlynching me is that I accused inf of misquoting me when he compared my quote against TWG's without giving context then you're clearly scum, we have been over this over and over. With both Inf and Iggish. (Which is why you're once again talking out of your arse by it being an "ORIGINAL" argument).

I did not /lie/ about being misquoted. In my opinion if DID unfairly quote me in his first post and I did and still do consider it scummy as it gives those who aren't paying much attention (such as myself at the time) bias info, leading them to suspect me.

How is that a bad defence?

Everything else inf accused me of I have debunked and have perfectly valid and reasonable excuses for.

You are choosing to ignore them and still pushing for my lynch.

I see what's happened, when I wasn't playing well earlier you saw that as an opportunity for an easy town lynch and put all your eggs into that basket, which is why you've been so adamant that I am scum for so long. Now I've actually got my shit together and formulated a good response to infs accusations you have nothing to do other than ignore them and continuely push for my lynch.

If people are in agreement that Ender wont win, which I'm still pretty sure he will, I would say Notty and Rune are both good lynch candidates IMO anyway.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
But why would he? He also claimed last, which in my eyes makes that less believeble.
Well if he were Russian everyone would believe he was Putin, so if he covers it up by claiming another 3P esque country that is less synonymous with "anti-capitalism" after he knows that there are few of them, people won't A) won't suspect him for picking a country that isn't UK, US or Aus and B) He won't risk accidentally claiming the same politician as someone else.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Mhm, that could actually be true,

Id like to hear from some others if rune came across as scum (so not from inf/igg/notty) to them.
Rune's initial reasoning against Iggish wasn't strong but I don't see it as scummy, how overly defensive he got in regards to simple questions does ring some bells IMO anyway. I am for his lynch especially if it's him or me lol

Iggish

Reaction score
What's that reason? I'm not understanding
The fact that he's Trump and I'm Clinton.
It does seem a bit weird to me that you were fine to let someone who you thought was scum, go on living, purely so that you'd have more chance of survival, doesn't exactly sound like a townie-mindset, but then again the fact that you're so honest about it kinda makes me trust you.
I also don't know whether I want to vote for Aqua or not. He is the most suspicious person right now and I do think it would be a good idea to lynch him, I am in support of an Aqua lynch. However, I'm wary of how people will react and what theories they will come up with when they do discover my name, whether on this day or the next.
Well, I wasn't fine to let Aqua go on living as I said it would be a good idea to lynch him and that I was in support of an Aqua lynch. I guess I can also understand how it could be considered a non-town mindset, but I made myself clear and I didn't want to make myself a target for the mafia with little reasoning.
Aqua may also have some important ability that he can use for his buddies tonight, meaning that leaving him alive could be detrimental.
I mean, it's a possibility I suppose.
The only time I've seen that is Aqua's game last game, and Aqua also thought that 'lots of vigilantes are third party' even when I've never seen that before either. Personally I doubt Jivvi would've included this in his game because he always seems smart to me but everyone's capable of doing something unexpected so who knows I guess. Personally I find it more likely that Aqua has a power that he wants to use tonight as Mafia, rather than Ender winning the game if he survives.
Mhm, ok.
Personally, I'd prefer to lynch Rune over both of them as:
I find him more scummy then Aqua atm because my main point against Aqua was wrong. I still think it's likely Aqua is scum but Rune is scummier in my eyes.
It's relatively unlikely the game will end and when it continues, Ender should help us. After consideration, I'm also not willing to lynch someone on the words of a likely scum trying to get out of a lynch (although there would be other reasons).

So basically, because he's scummier then Aqua IMO and Ender could actually help us and because of my many reasons listed before (if you all want me to go into more detail, then by all means, just ask), I'm going to

Vote Runemen