CAPITALISM MAFIA

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think it's weak at best. Just feels like a bunch of 'inf misquoted me' and 'inf is taking my words out of context' over and over again while we already know they weren't.

Plus I feel people are forgetting he's Donald Trump.
Yeah agreed, I'm playing Old School RuneScape right now so you summed it up better than I have. Now back to trying to telegrab wine of zammy's
What about this post specifically, where he explains that he didn't change his tune to thinking I was silencer and just said it would help us determine whether there was one and that him posting after TWG was a coincidence and he was actually responding to oog's rating theory? Or were you including that post in your answer?

So I've had a reread and just realised that I never even suddenly 180'd

Firstly all I said in regards of Claire was since she brought it up let's point the spotlight at her. This is by no means "bandwagoning" This is just simply grilling her to see how she responds, which she did later the same day, which I then gratify also the same day with "I don't think just because arelic was the first to accuse inf that she's scummy, at this point we're grasping at straws and infs silence is definitely the most fishy thing here."

So thinking about it I don't know where you got the idea I was bandwagoning claire from. Right now I believe my stupidity this game has done more damage than I can feasibly undo. But looking at this from an outside perspective inf has no real ground to stand on.

Furthermore, I don't suddenly change my mind about inf "not being smart enough to do this" to "inf is clearly lying about being silenced". Since A) FOR THE LAST TIME INF, I WAS JOKING. YOU KNOW ME, YOU KNOW I CONSTANTLY INSULT UR INTELLIGENCE HOW ARE YOU CONSIDERING THIS A POINT.
and B) In my post I simply state that lynching you would determine whether or not there is a silencer, giving us info. Because inf would either break out of his charade if he were about to get lynched or if he didn't it would prove there is a silencer and we'd get information from inf about his role, who he is (he might have been mafia and the silencer was 3P.)

I don't even agree with TWG, having a silencer WOULD make sense in forum mafia. Unfortunately I mistimed my post and have been called out for it, but I really implore you to actually take a step back and look at this. Voting me is a waste of a vote. Especially if Ender DOES win come nightfall we all lose.

I'm switching my vote to Ender because I think he is the bigges tthreat. I know your gonna call me out on trying to draw attention away from my self but think about it. If Ender's win ends the game, we lose. Alternatively you can lynch me tomorrow if nothing comes up like damning evidence against me or someone else.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I think it's weak at best. Just feels like a bunch of 'inf misquoted me' and 'inf is taking my words out of context' over and over again while we already know they weren't.

Plus I feel people are forgetting he's Donald Trump.
Well I haven't seen you put an argument for me other than just agreeing with inf so if you believe my defence is weak structure an argument against me in your own words.

Besides what defence do you want me to put in place, so my posts "look scummy", I have claimed a politician whom fits the current status quo of townie so unless you're certain that it isn't just capitalist-esque right wing politicians on town and communists or liberals as mafia (WHICH MAKES SENSE). Then I don't think I can defend myself more. I'm not a PR role like cop that is important to the town, I'm basically a vanilla townie until a certain point in the game.

If you desperately want me dead that bad because you're scum, deluded or this other politician whom has to die for my role to advance then so be it I guess.

But I genuinely think it would be wise to get MORE info before lynching me. most people in this game haven't even spoken. Right now mafia could be laughing at us and yet you persist regardless of what I can say.

And also I have debunked a lot of infs points, he says I thought I was agreeing with Oak which is why I made my post about putting pressure on Claire, when AT THE TIME I made a post claiming I didn't see it straight away. (Yes this could be taken as me trying to cover up if you look at it that way but you of all people have the outside knowledge that I had just woken up due to my fucked sleep schedule you're involved with, so my story does fit.)

The TWG Oog thing once again is my word against him, maybe he misquoted me, maybe he didn't the fact is at the time I had no intention of standing with TWG as I didn't even know he shared vaguely similar opinions as me.

Overall I'll admit, the reason my earlier posts look scummy is I was playing sloppy and wasn't putting much thought into my posts, but that's it.

Yes I attack inf heavily over his silence strat, yes I still stand to it being a terrible idea and scummy af
But equally inf has attacked me with the same tenacity so warranting my "aggression" as a reason to lynch me is also pretty questionable.

Right now you're reason for lynching me is because my earlier posts were scummy and my defence is "weak" which I have given excuses for the best I could.

Alternatively you have Rune whom tried to use questionable plays backed up on very little ground to try and jump in the already hot argument between iggish and notty to seemingly (from what I've read which is limited) manipulate people into voting iggish. Then when questioned he responded overly defensively which should definitely spark red flags.

or more importantly Ender who is confirmed not townsided and could WIN THE GAME IF WE DO NOT LYNCH HIM.

Actually, you know what, I'm pretty sure Aqua roughly knows what my personal reason is (I've dropped many hints) and if he is mafia then the secrecy would only intrigue him more and make me even more of a target.
What are you this "Other" politician whom has to die for me to gain my PR role?

I would doubt Jivvi made obth of us townies but if you are Hillary Clinton over Obama or Bernie Sanders then she is a right wing democrat supporting many big companies so.... eh.

I don't have any reason TO kill you, since my PR role isn't the greatest but if you are this opposing politician and you have something in your role about me being dead then I'm worried you may not be townsided which is another reason I STRONGLY recommend you lynch someone else.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I mean Aqua in what world does trump become 'mayor' if someone is lynched, surely he'd become president and have more power, and more significance in 'Capitalism Mafia', then just a double vote
Tbf my role pm does specify I become "president" I just labelled it town mayor as that's what the role is usually called.

I also think that's kind of a dogshit argument no offence; just because I'm trump the role still has to be balanced and besides if I were lying why didn't I claim something outlandish? (that being said I bet you would accuse me of the exact opposite if I were mafia and had)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Tbf my role pm does specify I become "president" I just labelled it town mayor as that's what the role is usually called.

I also think that's kind of a dogshit argument no offence; just because I'm trump the role still has to be balanced and besides if I were lying why didn't I claim something outlandish? (that being said I bet you would accuse me of the exact opposite if I were mafia and had)
Eh I feel like trump makes more sense as a Godfather-type role, since y'know, he's the president of a capitalist country and it'd make sense that he'd have immunity since it reflects real life in that he seemed to have immunity somehow since he somehow got elected despite (apparently, from what I've heard, I've not actually seen it myself so sorry if I trigger someone) being racist and sexist and having stupid policies like building a wall

And I'm still yet to buy into the whole 'capitalists are the good guys' since several of us have claimed left-wing as townies

But you're right it's just my own opinion on the believably of your role claim, but unfortunately for you it does influence my vote

And you're right you have refuted a lot of points. I'm really tired but here's three main points I can think of having made against you. - is my arguments, + is your defences.

- You contradicted yourself by saying you found it unlikely I'd be pretending to be silencer, then said it sounded like something I'd do and voted me once others were showing doubt of me
+ You say it was a joke to say that you doubted I'd be pretending to be silenced (though I don't believe this), but a slightly more convincing argument, you say you said it in response to Oog's theory about me rating a post, which swayed you onto believing that it was possible I was faking it, enough so that you were perfectly willing to potentially lynch a PR unable to defend themselves in favour of finding out if there was a silencer in the setup or not
- I just find it kinda unlikely that a townie would come to that conclusion, risk lynching a townie off and backing up on their stance over some rating theory that oog came up with, but maybe you didn't think about it that way, who knows

- You said Arelic accused me, right after Oak tagged her asking her about if she considered a silencer role, then said straight after that you didn't read Oak's post but now realized that you put the same thing as him. 1) I find it unlikely that you didn't see Oak's post
+ but you say that you were tired
- 2) You acted as if Arelic accused me of something which I can't really understand why you'd come to that conclusion as a townie, but I can understand why you'd SAY that as a Mafia who interpreted Oak's post as accusing Arelic and wanted to jump on suspicion train
+ You say you were tired and not thinking properly and that you later on defended Arelic
- I say you could have defended Arelic because you decided it would be easier to lynch me instead, but I can't refute the 'i was tired and stupid' point

- You recognised that you posted something very similar to Oak in the post you made after you said it, ages ago. Then, flash forward a few days, and you say that the only reason you thought you posted something similar to Oak was because I said so. This is obviously a contradiction. The likely cause is failure of memory of when you said that you 'just realised that what oak said was exactly what i said, oops im tired'. I find it more likely that you'd forget you said that if it wasn't true, since you'd have to put more effort into remembering what fabricated lies you've told and what truths you've hidden, whereas, as a townie, you just have to remember the truth.
+ You've never actually defended this point but I've considered a defence myself, saying your memory is terrible to be fair

- Your claim doesn't seem believable to me because I'd imagine Trump would have a more significant role in the game
+ Two dead townies were right-wing, so it makes sense that Trump is town
- You defend your claim as if it's your own creation, "well it has to be a balanced role" as opposed to "idk, it is what it is, jivvi made it", like you take on the role as your own and defend it rather than being critical of it, and as for the 'trump is town because two dead townies were the same political alignment', there's reason to believe that political standing has no significant bearing on the game - several of us have claimed left-wing and if we were all mafia we'd be making ourselves look really suspicious when it comes to light that political alignment is directly linked to game alignment

So as you can see, you've (at last) kinda given some decent defences, but they're not overly convincing, which is why you remain my top suspect so far. But if people would rather lynch someone else off, like rune, I'd be happy to do that too.

And having a role where they can secretly win the game on day 1 and end the game for everyone is stupid and Jivvi isn't stupid so I doubt that's what happened, but I would like to know from Enderfive how exactly his clap mechanic worked - did you need 30 claps overall or 30 posts saying clap or what?

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
- 2) You acted as if Arelic accused me of something which I can't really understand why you'd come to that conclusion as a townie, but I can understand why you'd SAY that as a Mafia who interpreted Oak's post as accusing Arelic and wanted to jump on suspicion train
+ You say you were tired and not thinking properly and that you later on defended Arelic
- I say you could have defended Arelic because you decided it would be easier to lynch me instead, but I can't refute the 'i was tired and stupid' point
Oh wait I just re-read Arelic's post and I guess I can see how you might interpret that as accusing me

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Alright well then could you give me some other info instead, such as your suspicions and town-reads rn?
I honestly don't know, it's been 30 pages and I haven't been able to read through them all yet, I will take a look in one day, as I will be too use to read through them all until then.

Otherwise I just find it so hard to figure out who is mafia day one, but I'll do my best

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But yeah the other points still remain and you just SEEM Mafia as well, just in general vibes. Like you're not as convinced-conspiracy-theorist like you usually are when you scumhunt, from what I remember, and your style resembles my idea of you when you're Mafia. I think I said it in me long post ages ago but you're less energised by your ideas than usual, I think. But maybe you're just disinterested.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I honestly don't know, it's been 30 pages and I haven't been able to read through them all yet, I will take a look in one day, as I will be too use to read through them all until then.

Otherwise I just find it so hard to figure out who is mafia day one, but I'll do my best
Okay. I also have some questions for you if you don't mind answering them.

What's different about day 1 than day 2? What information do you think we're going to get on day 2 that will make it significantly easier to find mafia?

And you didn't have to find mafia last game since you were mafia so why were you comparing yourself to last game earlier, implying that you found it hard to scumhunt last game on day 1 as well to defend yourself, when you were mafia last game, and that was your first mafia game (or was it not)?

And since this is your first game as town, supposedly, why do you speak as if it's not, saying you find it hard to find mafia on day 1 even though you haven't really had a day 1 yet as town since you were mafia last time and have been too busy to read the thread properly? This point sounds really weird and tiny but it just sticks out to me for some reason. Like you're trying to construct this townie-backdrop for you to safely survive in, forgetting that we know you don't have a townie back-drop. Idk. I'm really tired so maybe this doesn't make much sense but I figured I'd ask about it anyway lol

Hi, I saw Comp tag me, I have tried many best to be active, but I have had family stuff every single day since 24th, so been a bit hard.

Also regarding being useless I just don't think you can 100% know who is maf day one, unless you got a PM from jivvi saying so. In other words I find day one more of an information gathering day, if anyone remmember last game I got more active later there.
Also what did you mean here by "If we are going to go down by clapping so be it."?

I don't understand what the losing is about, but if it kills trump sure

If we are going to go down by clapping so be it.

Clap

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

What's different about day 1 than day 2? What information do you think we're going to get on day 2 that will make it significantly easier to find mafia?

And you didn't have to find mafia last game since you were mafia so why were you comparing yourself to last game earlier, implying that you found it hard to scumhunt last game on day 1 as well to defend yourself, when you were mafia last game, and that was your first mafia game (or was it not)?

And since this is your first game as town, supposedly, why do you speak as if it's not, saying you find it hard to find mafia on day 1 even though you haven't really had a day 1 yet as town since you were mafia last time and have been too busy to read the thread properly? This point sounds really weird and tiny but it just sticks out to me for some reason. Like you're trying to construct this townie-backdrop for you to safely survive in, forgetting that we know you don't have a townie back-drop. Idk. I'm really tired so maybe this doesn't make much sense but I figured I'd ask about it anyway lol

Also what did you mean here by "If we are going to go down by clapping so be it."?
Oops, the second quote was meant to be after the second quesion since I was referring to that quote there, but I was referring to the first quote with my third question

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

I stated this a bit previously, but you have absolutely no confirmation day one, even if someone says they are detective, and that person b is mafia, you still have to just trust them. Later days the game has seen more play and more information has been given, and it's also interesting to see who the mafia targets.

Last game I mostly played as town, in terms of typing and voting, and I doubt you will notice any difference in how I play, sat day 1 and I was to decide as town, it would be a toss of a coin in my eyes wether it was you or Claire.

Like just legit in every type of Mafia I play I just think day one is really hard, and very uninteresting, it's just a billion posts if people arguing at each other, with little to no evidence, and whil how people react and type can be useful, I just find later days more interesting. Like as I said, a lot of the "discussing" between players just feel so pointless, it goes of gut feels, someone looking scummy, or just typing weird. This discussion which started from points which I really don't see the point of bringing up, as they are super weak, then gets dragged on for 3 pages of 1000 word penta posts. As you saw in last game, I did take it more serious and played more after day one, and I'm just very busy these days too sadly.

I found the clap thing hilarious, we were either going to lose everything or nothing, (lose game or nothing happens) and I was a bit curious of what would happen.

And no, that doesn't make me mafia for being reckless, as the outcome, as far as we knew, would be the same either way.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I stated this a bit previously, but you have absolutely no confirmation day one, even if someone says they are detective, and that person b is mafia, you still have to just trust them. Later days the game has seen more play and more information has been given, and it's also interesting to see who the mafia targets.

Last game I mostly played as town, in terms of typing and voting, and I doubt you will notice any difference in how I play, sat day 1 and I was to decide as town, it would be a toss of a coin in my eyes wether it was you or Claire.

Like just legit in every type of Mafia I play I just think day one is really hard, and very uninteresting, it's just a billion posts if people arguing at each other, with little to no evidence, and whil how people react and type can be useful, I just find later days more interesting. Like as I said, a lot of the "discussing" between players just feel so pointless, it goes of gut feels, someone looking scummy, or just typing weird. This discussion which started from points which I really don't see the point of bringing up, as they are super weak, then gets dragged on for 3 pages of 1000 word penta posts. As you saw in last game, I did take it more serious and played more after day one, and I'm just very busy these days too sadly.

I found the clap thing hilarious, we were either going to lose everything or nothing, (lose game or nothing happens) and I was a bit curious of what would happen.

And no, that doesn't make me mafia for being reckless, as the outcome, as far as we knew, would be the same either way.
Okay thanks.

So is this not your second game of Mafia ever then?

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Ok I have a question (which may be a stupid question), but anyway, is it possible there's a role where they win if they get lynched?
Is it possible that somebody is trying to play a fool to get lynched so they can win?

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok I have a question (which may be a stupid question), but anyway, is it possible there's a role where they win if they get lynched?
Is it possible that somebody is trying to play a fool to get lynched so they can win?
There is always a small possibility to have a fool/jester, but it is more common to have it in short games that usually last for a short period of time, imo having a fool/jester in a forum mafia game where the game could last for weeks doesn't make sense.

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
+ You say it was a joke to say that you doubted I'd be pretending to be silenced (though I don't believe this), but a slightly more convincing argument, you say you said it in response to Oog's theory about me rating a post, which swayed you onto believing that it was possible I was faking it, enough so that you were perfectly willing to potentially lynch a PR unable to defend themselves in favour of finding out if there was a silencer in the setup or not
- You defend your claim as if it's your own creation, "well it has to be a balanced role" as opposed to "idk, it is what it is, jivvi made it", like you take on the role as your own and defend it rather than being critical of it, and as for the 'trump is town because two dead townies were the same political alignment', there's reason to believe that political standing has no significant bearing on the game - several of us have claimed left-wing and if we were all mafia we'd be making ourselves look really suspicious when it comes to light that political alignment is directly linked to game alignment
I HAVE JUST WOKEN UP THIS IS PROBABLY A HORRIBLE IDEA

FIRST QUOTE:
Inf you still don't understand ffs. I did doubt you somewhat, I also considered it a possibility that you weren't lying. So it's not like I didn't change my mind I was just swayed by oogs post so my opinion changed slightly. You're acting like it was some massive leap in judgement to go from "hmm I think he's silenced but he could be lying" to "hmm actually I think he might be lying"

Likewise if there were a censorer, they would definitely target inf due to his... bombastic posting. Then again, infs equally aware of this, so could be some dumb plan but I don't see inf have enough forethought to think of something like this.
Because if you read this and ignore the insults it's hardly a solid opinion that inf is definitely silenced and it's not as if I go to he's definitely lying I say:

• Lynching inf would determine whether or not there is a silencer

• at this point we're grasping at straws and infs silence is definitely the most fishy thing here.
This never implied that I had a strong opinion either way I said "Lynching inf would determine whether or not there is a silencer" because it would give town valuable information regardless of whether you were lying or telling the truth. If you flipped town we'd assume you were telling the truth, if not you would be lying and we'd have a mafia/3p kill under our belt.

Secondly I even state "at this point we're grasping at straws" I was clearly aware this is not enough evidence to lynch you, it's just that it was the only lead town really had at that point. I had no intention of going the full way without looking back it was just a starting vote to apply some pressure. Yes I say the word "Lynch" but it's just a buzzword to make you spooked so if you were lying you would be more likely to break under the pressure.

SECOND QUOTE:

Yeah I understand where you're coming form, I've been wording my posts from a 3rd party (not mafia related) perspective because it's easier to explain things and understand things better if you do it this way. Yes I don't REALLY know why jivvi made this role, I was just hypothesising potential reasons to counter your point. It's a lot less convincing to argue from my point of view because obviously I have no way to defend myself other than tell you, "you're wrong". I also implore you to remove your tinted glasses as well and look at it from a 3rd party perspective because the use of bright red text really seems like ur still trying to lynch me over lynching a potential mafia

Finally, I'm gonna admit that I've kinda lost a lot of suspicion on you (I know people are gonna call me out on pandering to try and get inf to change his vote but I'm being genuine.) after this little war we've had, once again: Your dumb plan was fucking garbage holy shit... but other than that you do read townie to me. I think Iggish is wrong and I believe it is townie V townie.

So I'm going to switch my vote to Ender and hope others do the same, my current thoughts on mafia are Rune, Hk and Notty and maybe Iggish (not too sure if he is mafia or a 3rd party, also it seems weird for notty and iggish to be on a team but it could be a strat).

vote Ender

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
this is retarded fearmongering with the goal of getting me lynched in order to save his own ass
This is retarded belittling to make me look stupid, in order to rise above my posts about you.

You know I'm right to oppose you, you shouldn't be able to slide into victory that easily.

• Haha
Reactions: Enderfive

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
But I doubt him winning is going to end the game, is it? That would just be a rotten game design.
I'm not sure what the advantage is of lynching him over someone like yourself (well of course not for you) or Rune who are more suspicious.
Because I did a game ending 3P meme role, and I know Jivvi... he would too