CAPITALISM MAFIA

Iggish

Reaction score
Can we all claim politician names btw? Is anyone against that?
Personally, I don't think it would be a good idea. What would we have to gain from this? To "discover who Jivvi included in the game"? I don't think that's relevant and I also don't see hows that benefits the town.
Right now, the mafia are the only people who know for sure how relative the game is to real life and whether being left or right wing matters (of course, there'd be exceptions etc.). If everyone gives their names, it's just giving valuable information to the mafia. And they can target important names and roles and people who would be opposite to them depending on how relative the game is.
It's also looking like Aqua might be lynched and while I think it's unlikely that Donald Trump would be town, on a personal level, I don't want to claim in case he would actually flip town as that would be detrimental for me.

I also don't know whether I want to vote for Aqua or not. He is the most suspicious person right now and I do think it would be a good idea to lynch him, I am in support of an Aqua lynch. However, I'm wary of how people will react and what theories they will come up with when they do discover my name, whether on this day or the next.

So, as I look at things, it would be giving valuable information to the mafia and there'd literally be no benefit for the town. Can someone please explain why claiming would be a good thing? (I could be missing something obvious here)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think it would be a good idea. What would we have to gain from this? To "discover who Jivvi included in the game"? I don't think that's relevant and I also don't see hows that benefits the town.
Right now, the mafia are the only people who know for sure how relative the game is to real life and whether being left or right wing matters (of course, there'd be exceptions etc.). If everyone gives their names, it's just giving valuable information to the mafia. And they can target important names and roles and people who would be opposite to them depending on how relative the game is.
It's also looking like Aqua might be lynched and while I think it's unlikely that Donald Trump would be town, on a personal level, I don't want to claim in case he would actually flip town as that would be detrimental for me.

I also don't know whether I want to vote for Aqua or not. He is the most suspicious person right now and I do think it would be a good idea to lynch him, I am in support of an Aqua lynch. However, I'm wary of how people will react and what theories they will come up with when they do discover my name, whether on this day or the next.

So, as I look at things, it would be giving valuable information to the mafia and there'd literally be no benefit for the town. Can someone please explain why claiming would be a good thing? (I could be missing something obvious here)
Well the idea is that we can see what people's names are, and use that combined with our suspicions to work stuff out. For example, ccs will probably happen, or people might claim weird politicians that no-one's heard of before to avoid cc's and if we think they're suspicious before that claim then maybe they're lying. Or if there's a town role who claims someone close to Trump then maybe they can be investigated tomorrow night if Aqua turns out to be Mafia. Or if there are several people who claim certain politicians which makes it seem like there's no pattern in terms of wing-alignment, and we town-read those people, we can probably tentatively dismiss the idea of Aqua's trump being town simply because it's a capitalist or whatever. Though for me personally I'm already against that notion since I'm pretty sure I'm left-wing and I'm town.

That being said if people want to lynch Aqua anyway then maybe we should just wait for tomorrow to do this, just in case it does give Mafia valuable information, though I doubt it would since the names don't seem to be closely tied to roles (just look at the Brexit guy), but if you're concerned about that and we have a lynch anyway then maybe we should just wait for tomorrow.

Iggish

Reaction score
Well the idea is that we can see what people's names are, and use that combined with our suspicions to work stuff out. For example, ccs will probably happen, or people might claim weird politicians that no-one's heard of before to avoid cc's and if we think they're suspicious before that claim then maybe they're lying. Or if there's a town role who claims someone close to Trump then maybe they can be investigated tomorrow night if Aqua turns out to be Mafia. Or if there are several people who claim certain politicians which makes it seem like there's no pattern in terms of wing-alignment, and we town-read those people, we can probably tentatively dismiss the idea of Aqua's trump being town simply because it's a capitalist or whatever. Though for me personally I'm already against that notion since I'm pretty sure I'm left-wing and I'm town.
Oh ok, fair enough.
Did everyone automatically think of this? Because I find it a bit strange that it seems like everyone is just willing to say their names just to fit in and not to think of the consequences. Then again, maybe everyone did think of it.
Yeah, I'm left wing and town as well so personally, I have already kind of dismissed it, although maybe I'm an exception or something, idk.
That being said if people want to lynch Aqua anyway then maybe we should just wait for tomorrow to do this, just in case it does give Mafia valuable information, though I doubt it would since the names don't seem to be closely tied to roles (just look at the Brexit guy), but if you're concerned about that and we have a lynch anyway then maybe we should just wait for tomorrow.
Well from the looks of it, we're going to lynch Aqua anyway. I mean, iirc (sorry, it has been hard to follow for me), he's been caught lying a few times now and I'm not sure what more would be resolved today by people needlessly giving names to the mafia. I think we should wait till tomorrow. Then the nightly actions parred with name reveals could give us a better read on people.

I just think we should wait till tomorrow and lynch Aqua today.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Iggish

Reaction score
I'm Michael Daniel Higgins
Yeah, this guy is the "President" of Ireland but it's not like the US one, more ceremonial and doesn't run the country.
I said comp might be the serial killer and even if the roles don't reflect the name, realistically, there's little chance this guy would be a serial killer. He's basically a good mannered, elderly hobbit.

(I was going to post a picture of him to prove my point but my imgur isn't working for some reason. Either google him or post an image yourselves)

I also think that the fact that Comp said gave a clue early on makes him more believable. He could have had the foresight to think ahead and to lie about his character but in addition to claiming to be Ireland and putting himself in the spotlight makes me believe him.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Yeah, this guy is the "President" of Ireland but it's not like the US one, more ceremonial and doesn't run the country.
I said comp might be the serial killer and even if the roles don't reflect the name, realistically, there's little chance this guy would be a serial killer. He's basically a good mannered, elderly hobbit.

(I was going to post a picture of him to prove my point but my imgur isn't working for some reason. Either google him or post an image yourselves)

I also think that the fact that Comp said gave a clue early on makes him more believable. He could have had the foresight to think ahead and to lie about his character but in addition to claiming to be Ireland and putting himself in the spotlight makes me believe him.
Tbf I trust Jivvi will have made Ted Cruz the serial killer

• Agree
Reactions: webpaige

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It took so long to scroll through the last few pages please save my internet

Also, I thought of this in bed this morning, but why would I try to be silenced for several days, just to get someone lynched, when:
Don't you mean for a single day?
Can everyone say either "yes I'd be willing to claim my name" (but don't claim it yet), or "No I have a solid reason to believe that claiming names would be detrimental to town" or something along those lines

If everyone says they're willing to do it then I think we should all claim names.

I'd be willing to claim my name.
I'm willing to claim if you do, I still think you're trying to do something scummy

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also if we do the name thing tomorrow we should have the most suspicious people claim first so that they're more likely to accidentally cc if they're Mafia. So for me I'd especially want Rune, Comp, Danni, Unusual, TWG and Aqua (if he isn't lynched today) to claim before everyone else.

Also here's my suspicion list right now if anyone's interested. Obviously it's subject to change a lot.

Most suspicious--->
1) Aqua, 2) Rune, 3) Comp, 4) Danni, 5) Unusual, 6) TWG, 7) Jolt, 8) Oak 9) HKCaper, 10) Iggish, 11) paige, 12) erik, 13) Notty, 14) Arelic, 15) Oog.
<--- Least suspicious

Red is most suspicious, orange is fairly suspicious (with TWG it's both because Unusual has suspicion on him and he's always been right about TWG so if he's town then I'd be inclined to listen, and also because TWG is acting a bit odd this game compared to the other games imo), purple is neutral (since Jolt hasn't been playing and wants a replacement, and although I started off town-reading Oak, he's since been extremely quiet so I don't know anymore), blue is lean towards town-reading, green is town-reading.
Don't you mean for a single day?
Yeah maybe that too, but I was thinking about the theory that someone said where I would have kept it up the next day too to make myself seem targeted again so that I'd look town who's being framed as lying. But still, I wouldn't want to silence myself for an entire day either, especially since two deaths happened last night so if I was Mafia I'd probably be worried about being night-killed too.

I'm willing to claim if you do, I still think you're trying to do something scummy
Use your <o> to see that I'm town!

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah maybe that too, but I was thinking about the theory that someone said where I would have kept it up the next day too to make myself seem targeted again so that I'd look town who's being framed as lying. But still, I wouldn't want to silence myself for an entire day either, especially since two deaths happened last night so if I was Mafia I'd probably be worried about being night-killed too.
But I went over why that didn't have to happen!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Most suspicious--->
1) Aqua, 2) Rune, 3) Comp, 4) Danni, 5) Unusual, 6) TWG, 7) Jolt, 8) Oak 9) HKCaper, 10) Iggish, 11) paige, 12) erik, 13) Notty, 14) Arelic, 15) Oog.
<--- Least suspicious
In fact I think Iggish should probably be closer to town-read than what he seems on that list. Then again basically all of the blue are pretty much town-read, just not quiiiiite as solid as the green. But I could have just done green vs red and it'd have still shown roughly the same picture.

I didn't see this until just now for some reason. I think you make a good point there, and it makes me less suspicious of Comp.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
In fact I think Iggish should probably be closer to town-read than what he seems on that list. Then again basically all of the blue are pretty much town-read, just not quiiiiite as solid as the green. But I could have just done green vs red and it'd have still shown roughly the same picture.

I didn't see this until just now for some reason. I think you make a good point there, and it makes me less suspicious of Comp.
I think I'd also put Arelic in blue rather than green, idk

I don't know why I decided to do a suspicion list like that since they'll frequently swap around in minor ways. I should have just done red vs green and had it look like this

Suspicious of
Aqua
Rune
Comp
Danni
Unusual
TWG

Neutral
Jolt
Oak

Think is probably town
HKCaper
Iggish
paige
erik
Notty
Arelic
Oog

Iggish

Reaction score
Eh, ok, I'll do a suspicion list too.
Most suspicious: Aqua, Rune
Quite suspicious: Notty, Ender
Neutral, slightly scum: HKCaper, webpaige, Unu
Neutral: Arelic, Danni, Jolt, Oak, Ooglie, TWG
Neutral, slightly town: Arelic
Quite townie: Computerguy

Strong townie read: Inffy, Erik

Aqua: I think this is pretty self explanatory
Rune: I have also explained this before, weird points against me and lying bout a point which iirc he still hasn't responded to.

Notty: I'm still quite suspicious as it seemed notty was really trying to get me lynched, I gave her the benefit of the doubt but suspicion is still there.
Ender: He lied to the town and purposefully "derailed" the thread. True, his win condition has supposedly been fulfilled but we don't have any proof of him actually winning. It could be an elaborate plan or maybe I'm just being cynical because I find him suspicious and I'm slightly pissed off that he derailed the thread and lied to the town many times. He supposedly should be on our side now but I'm still suspicious.

HK: vibes
Webpaige: vibes
Unu: has been quite reactive and defensive of his ontime, almost as if he's making a conscious effort not to have light thrown on him.

Danni: Same here, he was a bit inactive but he hasn't said anything scummy that I can remember.
Jolt: 2 posts have been very hard to read and he know wants to leave the game. Being the last Brit can be read two ways.
Oak: No read as a result of very little activity.
Ooglie: I don't really have a read on him.
TWG: I haven't got a read on him.

Arelic: vibes

Comp: put himself in the spotlight, confirmed a hint he dropped very early on and one of the first to claim. Very unlikely to be mafia, he would be more darker in colour but there's a possibility he could still be third party.

Erik: As I've said before, has seemed genuine. He hasn't been particularly active but I trust him.
Inffy: I said that he could easily be both and while I understand his motives for his scheme at the start of the day, it still leaves a weird taste in my mouth. However, he has tried to help the town as much as possible and I'm siding with him in the Aqua v Inf thing as he has exposed Aqua to be lying. This pretty much proves that Inffy is town because why would he want to kill another mafia and I doubt it's a town v town clashing because aqua has been caught lying. He could be third party I suppose but I town read him.

Disclaimer: my opinions could easily change just based off one post, especially for the middle people. Most of my neutrals are just because I haven't got a read on them. They could be anything but tbh I have no idea.