CAPITALISM MAFIA

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It could be a good idea to state names, to get a general idea of who jivvi put in.

But there is also the risk of names giving away too much information to mafia at such an early stage.
Yeah the only risk I see is that there's some role which uses names as targets or something. But as for Mafia being able to deduce who is vanilla and who isn't through names, I'm not sure it'll be obvious. I mean:

day 1

everyone except for ltin and vatumok wakes up in the morning and realises that a whole lot of nasty murdering - specifically, murdering of ltin and vatumok - and a whole lot of other endlessly creative flavour text happened last night

LTIN: boris johnson - town

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson (born 19 June 1964) is a British-American politician and journalist. The ex Mayor of London, he previously served as the Conservative Member of Parliament for Henley and as editor of The Spectator magazine. In July 2016, Johnson became Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.
Johnson was educated at Eton and Balliol College, Oxford, where he read Classics. He began his journalism career with The Times, and later moved on to The Daily Telegraph where he was assistant editor. He was appointed editor of The Spectator in 1999. In the 2001 general election he was elected to the House of Commons and became one of the most high profile politicians in the country, partly because of his distinctive appearance and persona. He gained praise for several appearances on the Have I Got News for You television programme. He has also written several books.

ability - CHEATING ON YOUR WIFE: once per night you can block the ability of another player

VATUMOK: nigel farage - town

Nigel Paul Farage (born 3 April 1964) is a British politician. He is the leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP). UKIP is a political party that wants Britain to leave the European Union. He is a Member of the European Parliament for the South East England region and is the co-chair of the Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy group in the European Parliament.
Nigel Farage left the Conservative Party in 1992 after the Maastricht Treaty was signed by John Major's Conservative government. He was first elected as a Member of the European Parliament in 1999 and was re-elected in 2004 and 2009. In September 2006, he was elected to become the UKIP leader and was party leader during the 2009 European Parliament election where UKIP received the second highest number of votes after the Conservative Party.
In November 2009, Farage resigned as UKIP leader because he wanted to concentrate on being elected to the House of Commons at the 2010 General Election. At the general election, Farage failed to be elected and became the UKIP leader again in November 2010.
Farage stood for election as an MP for South Thanet in 2015. He lost to Craig Mackinlay. He resigned as leader. Four days later, Farage became the leader of the party again.

ability - BREXIT: one time only, you can do one of the following at night:
  • give yourself lynch immunity the next day
  • block all abilities targeting you that night

17 players remain, it takes 9 to lynch (9 to nolynch)

also i cleared the shitposts for the sake of anyone trying to look back later but in hindsight the first day will probably be nothing but shitposts anyway

anyway ok go
I understand Borris' 'cheating on your wife' ability since it kinda resembles a hooker's ability, but the Brexit ability makes no sense to me, but maybe that's just me?

I'll claim if we collectively decide to do so. We should wait to make sure nobody thinks it's a really bad idea and knows something about the setup that we don't.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I could be thinking way too much into this, but seeing how aqua is pressuring you to claim rn,
(and keeping in mind that i still suspect he could be scum)
he could just try to push you to claim, trying to get as much information as he can (im implying aqua is expecting to be lynched today)

• Informative
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I'll claim if we collectively decide to do so. We should wait to make sure nobody thinks it's a really bad idea and knows something about the setup that we don't.
you tried to push me into claiming but are backing out yourself after outting yourself as "left-wing" without considering the impact on the game...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I could be thinking way too much into this, but seeing how aqua is pressuring you to claim rn,
(and keeping in mind that i still suspect he could be scum)
he could just try to push you to claim, trying to get as much information as he can (im implying aqua is expecting to be lynched today)
Tbh I'm more interested in finding out whether inf actually is left wing or if he doesn't know what he's talking about lol

Reactions: HKCaper

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
you tried to push me into claiming but are backing out yourself after outting yourself as "left-wing" without considering the impact on the game...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I asked you to claim because I think you're probably going to be lynched and we may as well hear your claim now, in case it sounds legit, so that we don't waste time.

I don't feel the need to claim so I'm not going to until it's safe. You chose to claim, I didn't force you to.

And I'm not sure why me being left-wing has a significant impact on the game since two confirmed townies weren't left-wing anyway, according to you, unless you're lying?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I dont see the point in claiming names this late today when I think we're all going to lynch Aqua anyways. Might be best to start the name claiming tomorrow even thought that has the downside of mafia coordinating their claims.
If people did begin to claim names, would you join along or would you refuse?

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I dont see the point in claiming names this late today when I think we're all going to lynch Aqua anyways. Might be best to start the name claiming tomorrow even thought that has the downside of mafia coordinating their claims.
That's such a dumb statement. Why are you pushing for a lynch on me, so far I'm an uncc townie. If someone else were Donald Trump they'd speak out as soon as they see my allegations.

Although I can't be 100% I'm pretty confident that right wing businessmen esque politicians would be town since this is capitalism mafia and its looking that way.

They only reason you have for voting me is because I made a regrettable post after waking up and my opinion on infs "strat". You're either a townie tunnel visioning hard or scum trying to force a lynch on me regardless of what I do or say.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well its pretty obvious Donald Trump is in this game so if inf is right in his previous statements that I'm not actually Donald Trump, whoever is can call me out.
I mean it's also entirely possible that you are Trump but you're Mafia but thought it was safe to claim Trump because of the pattern you've seen so far

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I mean it's also entirely possible that you are Trump but you're Mafia but thought it was safe to claim Trump because of the pattern you've seen so far
That's also true but considering all the factors we know about the game being capitalist mafia and trump being the epitome of a capitalist or the fact that the two deaths so far have been right wing politicians, I think it's safe to say I'm townie.

I'm happy to wait until someone cc's since I know nobody will and if they do they're lying, but right now I think ur ignoring said factors and like notty either tunnel visioning me extremely hard or are scum and with you and tilted more towards the latter.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm happy to wait until someone cc's since I know nobody will
Oh do you now?

right now I think ur ignoring said factors and like notty either tunnel visioning me extremely hard or are scum and with you and tilted more towards the latter.
Just because two dead townies were right-wing, that doesn't prove that the setup is right-wing = town, and therefore just because I'm sceptical about you still, doesn't mean I'm tunnel visioning you. If you didn't want to be seen as suspicious then maybe it would have been a good idea to remain consistent in your posts and not give people a reason to suspect you in the first place.

And besides, I'm not ignoring your points, I'm even asking if we can all claim names because it might give us reason to believe you're right or wrong.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I'm Michael Daniel Higgins

If anyone wants to google the guy they'll find out that he is left wing but has no party affiliation. Also just to quote myself (on page 5)
I don't have a party affiliation at this moment.
I really doubt party affiliation has anything to do with it. I mean, Ireland doesn't have a political spectrum which is far to the right (granted I'm technology not in Labour). Also, how far left/right something is is also subjective, so imo it'd make more sense to do it based on what the party says it is, so I'd imagine for the purposes of the game, the Democrats would be considered left wing.

Just some speculation anyway.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
If people did begin to claim names, would you join along or would you refuse?
Yeah if the town decides to do it then ofcourse I would, but I'm not starting it and I think we shouldn't do it simply because we already have a lynch target.

That's such a dumb statement. Why are you pushing for a lynch on me, so far I'm an uncc townie.
It doesn't matter if you're unCC'd. Because first of all you didn't really claim a PR that's CC'able considering you're claiming some weird mechanics. Second of all not only have you been shady this entire game you're actually Donald Trump. You might want to push your agena of republicans being the good guys, which is why you felt so confident claiming trump because you thought you could convince us trump would be town this game, but I know better than that so I'm not buying it.