My Idea

Will_payno

Reaction score
My idea is that there is a new rank called Pixel Artist, you can achieve this rank by creating quality Pixel Art.
You have to build a decent size one, a range of them and have some originality in them. I hope you consider this idea!

-Will_payno

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
We try not to promote players just for creating pixel art because we find that it can be an easy task to do especially if the player uses a program that helps them know what blocks to use and where to place them. I understand that there is some effort if the pixelart is huge, but overall it doesn't show us the player's building style.

Thank you for your suggestion and if you have any more ideas then feel free to post them!

Will_payno

Reaction score
Psycho
Ok.. you could ONLY give the rank for large scale arts, and you would be able to see that they got the rank just for PIXEL ART and nothing else.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Then we'd have to figure out what constitutes as "large scale" --for me I would say something that's 100 blocks wide and even with that, a Novice rank wouldn't be able to build that in their 64x64 sized plot-- a Builder would be able to do that in their 192x192 sized plot though.

Will_payno

Reaction score
I don't think Flatland would appreciate being spammed up with huge 100x100 wool grids (worlds have feelings too y'know).

Anyway, large-scale is probably just an even bigger excuse to just get out your bot and let that start chugging away.
Yeh so I think novice plots would be big enough to build a worthy, decent size piece.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Yeh so I think novice plots would be big enough to build a worthy, decent size piece.
But then it would be even quicker to just use a bot and get it done with then. When it's big, you use the bot because it's inconvenient, and when it's small, you use it because it's convenient. There's no way around the issue of pixel art making bots, that's just inevitable, and that's why we can't really add this idea I'm afraid, but as Psycho said, if you have any other suggestions for the server (and this goes for anyone who happens to be reading this), feel free to post 'em.