[suggestion] fix /ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I'd like to do stuff on create without the need to have a thick skin because someone starts talking absolute sh!t about you or things you like, possibly to annoy you or aggravate you into doing something stupid.
I'm looking at you two, jube and jack_shephard.
I do understand that there are the /party commands, but those only work one way when you don't want to have to put up with this BS, and it would be really nice not to have to deal with things like this.

And maybe we should talk about how some people decide to treat other people on all of Escape Restart in general, because I'm fairly certain that this is supposed to be a friendly community and not cyber-bully central.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
First - Calm down.
Second - You're free to notify any staff member about a player that is harassing you in some way or another and submit screenshots or chatlogs and such. If that isn't possible, then hopefully IRC logs will be available.

Regarding the /ignore command -- I personally dislike it and think that it shouldn't be available to anyone. You and the other person involved should be mature enough to resolve each other's differences and respect each other. And if you guys don't succeed in doing that then staff should get involved and the player(s) should be dealt with accordingly.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
...is there a broken /ignore command?
if there wasn't one there should be
even if it was only temporary and lasted the duration of login, or had a time setting
or if there was an ignore list for players that would be great

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
...is there a broken /ignore command?
if there wasn't one there should be
even if it was only temporary and lasted the duration of login, or had a time setting
or if there was an ignore list for players that would be great
Someone could also use the excuse the did /ignore to ignore moderators speaking to them

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Someone could also use the excuse the did /ignore to ignore moderators speaking to them
Restrictions from ignoring mods are becoming increasingly popular in ignore mods. Whilst the /ignore command is currently broken, however, as Psycho said, we very much prefer you to try handle the incident maturely. Where there's cases when we can't, staff will help. That turned a quote from something into something completely irrelevant to what you were saying. Moving on...

Catcocomics You reported this incident to me, and I have asked you for evidence which you can send via PM. If you can get me evidence, I will handle this situation - if you can't, I can get the IRC logs for you. We can move from there!

Last edited:

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
And maybe we should talk about how some people decide to treat other people on all of Escape Restart in general, because I'm fairly certain that this is supposed to be a friendly community and not cyber-bully central.
Maybe we should - shoot a PM to Priz, myself, and the admins if there are ongoing issues that you would like to discuss. However, I don't believe that creating a public thread calling out specific users is the right way to talk about it.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'd like to do stuff on create without the need to have a thick skin because someone starts talking absolute sh!t about you or things you like, possibly to annoy you or aggravate you into doing something stupid.
I'm looking at you two, jube and jack_shephard.
I do understand that there are the /party commands, but those only work one way when you don't want to have to put up with this BS, and it would be really nice not to have to deal with things like this.

sage, catco, sage

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score

Please grow up and stop hiding petty messages in something that should be a formal thread reporting an issue.
Whoa. I didn't see that in the OpP and I thought you were making it up, Jube.
Catcocomics - Please re-read what Nill has said and redirect this issue in private chat with the Directors and Admins if this issue happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.