Trouble in the West: Pirates vs Cowboys [Finished]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I'm about... 99% certain that storm was mafia. I mean either that or the others that we've lynched were mafia, or he was. I really do feel he was mafia.

(I think that's who was lynched yesterday.... o_o )

If he wasn't then I don't see how we're still playing.
Personally I feel like there's one mafia left for us to lynch, to get to a victory.

That's all my thoughts as of now.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I have returned and I don't know what to think right now (so these are just my random thoughts I can think of as of right now)... I was hoping more than two pages would be posted in the time I was gone ._. Also, I saw that my inn opened up last night for whatever reason, so I don't even know why or how that happened. We're down to seven people now? I'm going to think about this more and post more later. (Also, why so inactive everyone D= ?)

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok. From here, we as a town have an easy win, all you have to do is trust me.--

I'd like to start off saying that those of you who had suspicion on me were....Sort of right. I am a member of the pirate crew, Traitorous Trix. However, I do not win with the mafia, I win with the town. However, I can only win if I am alive, as to prevent me from being "X, Y, Z, and W are mafia, lynch dem omg" on Day One.

To address the whole certainty thing, I was certain. As a member of the pirate crew, I immediately knew who had to be eliminated for a town win...With the exception of Duffie. However, Ansoro the Stalker, Lucky Leroy, immediately investigated him after what he did last game. My main goal was to push enough suspicion on the pirates without me personally getting them lynched. It was a similar principle to a mafia bandwagoning a townie: If they were to die, I'd be the one to blame. And if I was the one to blame, the mafia would surely kill me.

Then came day we lynched Swate. I knew if the town didn't get a pirate lynched, the game would soon be over in a mafia victory, so I took a risk. Swate the Tailor, Forging Frosty, met his end. That night, I had been found out. They knew I was not fully with them. I was afraid the other pirates would kill me. Some of them wanted to. But I convinced them to let me live. I continued on, playing neutrally, biding my time until I could get another down, continuing to gently nudge suspicious on the pirates, hoping someone else would pick it up.

Then came the day Samlen was voted and GmK the Captain, Captain Crunch, was lynched. I knew there was nothing I could do for Samlen, so I did as the mafia instructed and hopped on the first bandwagon that showed up. -The game was at lylo then, because Storm the Vampire, the sixth mafia member, apparently started out as a serial killer-esque role, but converted to a vanilla mafia when killed. He killed NottyKitten N1, not the mafia.- And so Samlen got enough votes for a lynch, but GmK was instead killed. Why? Who bloody knows. I'm the most informed player in this game, and I haven't a clue. But that saved the game for us.

Then yesterday. Storm the Vampire down. I survived the night, that means we have an easy win, should you choose to believe me. There are two pirates left, finally a low enough number to where I can safely come out. We lynch one today, and I cannot be killed because the mafiakill needs a majority, and I'd be half of the remaining pirates. We lynch the other, and then we've won. The two other pirates are Hype the Bus Driver, Groggy Graham, and Ansoro the Stalker, Lucky Leroy.-- However, should you choose not to believe me, the game will be over. The game is still in lylo if we don't lynch one of Ansoro or Hype, the game is over. There's nothing more I can say to make you believe me, but I ask that you trust me in this critical moment.

It's been an honor playing this game with you all.

Vote HypeBurst

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I believe this. You're saying that Hype is mafia which I believe (although wasn't going to push it today) and ansoro... makes sense, that he could be mafia. He could easily pull of that role as mafia.

vote Hypeburst

Reaction score
I'm not normally a gambler but timdood has got my attention, not just enough to garner a vote but pretty close. I would love to see what everyone else says. In the mean time I'm still trying to get caught up so i'll be reading.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Random thoughts for now (I was also reading the Epic Mafia Wiki at this time so there will bit and bobs added in here and there at random points as I'm typing this, I'll try to stay coherent):

Traitorous Trix. However, I do not win with the mafia, I win with the town.
I didn't find any roles following this description, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if it's another role made-up for this game, so I'm mostly just pointing this out as an interesting tidbit.

Swate the Tailor, Forging Frosty
If this is true, then having our mortician dead might have helped us (in a weird way) since we didn't see the fake role that would have been provided otherwise (If I read the Epic Mafia Wiki correctly). I continued reading it and found out that suits don't fool morticians, so I'm trying to think of how the Tailor helped the Pirates, might just be missing something obvious here though =S Disguising roles from cops, duh... I'm half asleep still \o/ On another note concerning this, he probably let the Pirates know whom he made suits for and what they were, so to help me with trusting you, mind telling us as many of them as you can?

Ansoro the Stalker, Lucky Leroy
Seems self explanatory, but GmK claimed to be the role-cop (Or Stalker) but would make sense if they communicated together to make this fake-able (as well as the Tailor bit). Also, if this is true, then it's highly likely that he said what other people's roles were in the Pirate chat, so mind telling us a few of these people? (Preferably NOT dead ones =S).

Random note concerning the governor like thing, the Epic Mafia Wiki says it's a one-time use thing, so maybe the governor just didn't use it until they felt it was critical? This would make most sense to me, and I wouldn't think it would be a hidden part of my role (Guess we can find out at end of the game)(Actually Gallis role (Dies due to only a minority lynch from what I can tell) might make sense in this case, I'd have to go back and double-check all votes of previous days to confirm this, but possible explanation).

Long story short, I feel like you could be truthful or lying and I'm not certain enough to throw my vote on Hype yet, so I'm waiting for you to respond (and to see how other people react) to see if you can convince me of you telling the truth.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If this is true, then having our mortician dead might have helped us (in a weird way) since we didn't see the fake role that would have been provided otherwise (If I read the Epic Mafia Wiki correctly). I continued reading it and found out that suits don't fool morticians, so I'm trying to think of how the Tailor helped the Pirates, might just be missing something obvious here though =S Disguising roles from cops, duh... I'm half asleep still \o/ On another note concerning this, he probably let the Pirates know whom he made suits for and what they were, so to help me with trusting you, mind telling us as many of them as you can?
The bit I found best about this is, he was one-shot, and never used his ability. If he did, then he didn't communicate it with the rest. (And we never had a mortician, we had an Amnesiac <3 )

Seems self explanatory, but GmK claimed to be the role-cop (Or Stalker) but would make sense if they communicated together to make this fake-able (as well as the Tailor bit). Also, if this is true, then it's highly likely that he said what other people's roles were in the Pirate chat, so mind telling us a few of these people? (Preferably NOT dead ones =S).
I don't recall a complete list or exact dates, and honestly don't feel like checking the numerous PMs. However, I know he investigated you and got the result of vanilla townie. It's also worth noting that he used words such as oh, ah, etc. to signal to the mafia that the person he investigated was a threat. Such is the case of Duffie...Again, I'd look for more examples but it's bloody two in the morning.

And yeah, they faked it. GmK figured since he was in an inn with two other cops, people would think it so unbelievable that they'd believe it.

And now that you mention it, I had completely forgotten Gallis was a thing, but you being the Gallis might make sense...Though I'd have to go back and check if you ever had a minority vote on you.

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't wish to insult the intelligence of the mafia or Tim but damn, That whole post has to be the most improbable, unbelievable mafia ploy I have ever seen in my 5 or 6 mafia games. I'm sorry but how could anyone in their right minds believe such (sorry for being abrasive but) bullshit.

Priz putting a traitor in the midst of the mafia with knowledge of ALL mafia members and yet can't win with mafia goes against basically all that mafia is. Someone who wins with all threats to town killed is a town member. A town member that begins the game with all the answers to all the members of the mafia is basically the most overpowered and potentially game ruining role ever constructed. The whole purpose of the game is for the town to figure out who the mafia are, I'm sorry but a town member with all the answers right at the start literally makes no sense at all. And could ruin the game at any point if they were just about to be lynch because they would just spout all the members at once. No, Priz would have thought about that before making such an overpowered role.

I take it you are claiming you have no other abilities? Well even without any night actions, your role is beyond comprehension. We all have our roles and our abilites and things, however your one is basically "A civilian with all knowledge of the mafia". Essentially that is what you are saying you are. Can everyone just let that sink in? A civilian with all knowledge?! I also take it that you are also claiming that you are apart of night chats? so in all actuality you are saying you are "a civilian that has all knowledge of the mafia, and knows all their strategies and can influence who they kill at night". Honestly everyone just read that, if anyone can read that and can not crack a smile at how utterly absurd it is, then I cant even at this point.

And I would just like to point out Coolio's reaction to all this. The normal reaction to someone making such a huge accusation like that is wait for the other person to respond and make up your mind after you are have both sides of an issue. Yet, even after Ive promised to make a post addressing the issue and just goes 'boop' and bandwagons it right off the bat. It honestly sounds way too fishy to be town and it actually just feels so planned. The night lasted like 6949 years, giving Tim and Coolio ample time to plan this whole crock of shit. I also dont know about Ansoro but Its funny how she goes, "oh ok I guess hes evil too lol" after not even laying one finger of suspicion this whole game, shady shady shade.

After that, I'm convinced Tim is just evil. If you were looking at this from the outside in and dont know whos lying (which I mean its pretty obvious its the guy who claims to be the civilian that has all knowledge of the mafia, and knows all their strategies and can influence who they kill at night) If Tim is telling the truth then he is a pirate, if he is lying, hes a pirate. Either way he's evil so its really a no-brainer.

vote Timdood

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't wish to insult the intelligence of the mafia or Tim but damn, That whole post has to be the most improbable, unbelievable mafia ploy I have ever seen in my 5 or 6 mafia games. I'm sorry but how could anyone in their right minds believe such (sorry for being abrasive but) bullshit.

Priz putting a traitor in the midst of the mafia with knowledge of ALL mafia members and yet can't win with mafia goes against basically all that mafia is. Someone who wins with all threats to town killed is a town member. A town member that begins the game with all the answers to all the members of the mafia is basically the most overpowered and potentially game ruining role ever constructed. The whole purpose of the game is for the town to figure out who the mafia are, I'm sorry but a town member with all the answers right at the start literally makes no sense at all. And could ruin the game at any point if they were just about to be lynch because they would just spout all the members at once. No, Priz would have thought about that before making such an overpowered role.

I take it you are claiming you have no other abilities? Well even without any night actions, your role is beyond comprehension. We all have our roles and our abilites and things, however your one is basically "A civilian with all knowledge of the mafia". Essentially that is what you are saying you are. Can everyone just let that sink in? A civilian with all knowledge?! I also take it that you are also claiming that you are apart of night chats? so in all actuality you are saying you are "a civilian that has all knowledge of the mafia, and knows all their strategies and can influence who they kill at night". Honestly everyone just read that, if anyone can read that and can not crack a smile at how utterly absurd it is, then I cant even at this point.

And I would just like to point out Coolio's reaction to all this. The normal reaction to someone making such a huge accusation like that is wait for the other person to respond and make up your mind after you are have both sides of an issue. Yet, even after Ive promised to make a post addressing the issue and just goes 'boop' and bandwagons it right off the bat. It honestly sounds way too fishy to be town and it actually just feels so planned. The night lasted like 6949 years, giving Tim and Coolio ample time to plan this whole crock of shit. I also dont know about Ansoro but Its funny how she goes, "oh ok I guess hes evil too lol" after not even laying one finger of suspicion this whole game, shady shady shade.

After that, I'm convinced Tim is just evil. If you were looking at this from the outside in and dont know whos lying (which I mean its pretty obvious its the guy who claims to be the civilian that has all knowledge of the mafia, and knows all their strategies and can influence who they kill at night) If Tim is telling the truth then he is a pirate, if he is lying, hes a pirate. Either way he's evil so its really a no-brainer.

vote Timdood
So your argument is basically "Pfft, that's absurd. You have to be lying because that role is overpowered!"

Thing is though, it really isn't. I only win if I'm alive. You gave the example of me about to be lynched and giving away the mafia. Why would I do that? It wouldn't make me win. It would just ruin the game for everyone else. We're all pretty experienced players here, and so I doubt any one of us would do that simply to spite the mafia. Yes, I did threaten to take one of you down with me if I was lynched, that was simply for leverage to survive the night...And it worked. Also you're forgetting, even though I don't win with you, I still count as one of your numbers, meaning just by existing I'm helping the mafia win.

And how you say "If Tim is telling the truth then he is a pirate, if he is lying, hes a pirate." Yeah. I'm a pirate. I already said that. The difference is, I'm not an "evil" pirate.

I'd also like to point out that you didn't actually defend yourself, only tried to attack me.

Reaction score

This whole situation reminds me of the time before Halo 3, I heard that you could dual wield every gun in the game now including rocket launchers! I saw what looked like an early alpha that showed it too. But of course that wasn't in the main game and it occurred to me later that this was a good thing. It indeed would have entirely OP, but before that all I could think off was how awesome and crazy that would be.

Timdood's defense just doesn't make sense to me when you spell out how horrible OP it is. Sure you need to live for that to work but as Hype said if your about to be lynched there's nothing holding you back from spilling your guts. I wouldn't be too surprised by such an op role in a game by a more novice GM but not only do we have a experience GM but a back up Experienced GM to boot (whom I consulted with when I ran a season).

Still I must confess two things bother me. First is that hypeburst was named a Mafia by Timdood and that hypeburst was the one to point out how messed up this whole situation is. The second is this nagging feeling of what if, sometimes the crazy stuff is the funnest and occasionally the truth.

• Haha
Reactions: Swate

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score

I can't even describe how confused I am right now with all these happening. I'm being dragged to stuff I have no clue about.

I JUST got home (It's 2:00 a.m) and I can't even function properly at the moment. Tomorrow will also be a busy day for me. So I'll appreciate if you are all patient till I have the time to reply to all this mess.

Reactions: The Road to Ruin

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount

HypeBurst (2) - Timdood3, cooliorules (-2 to lynch)
Timdood3 (1) - HypeBurst (-3 to lynch)

Not voting (4) - ansoro2112, Samlen, The road to ruin, 77_is_the_best

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
I dont need to defend myself from accusations that I deem absurd. If I tried to say "Timdood you are evil because you write MLP fan fiction" you arent going to go into to detail defending your passion for Twilight Sparkle and how your OTP is Pinkie Pie and Applejack, you are going to point out why my argument is false, which is exactly what I did to yours (I know I'm being silly but you get what I mean). Really I only pointed out the huge flaws in your claim, then from those flaws I know you are lying. In all reality I didnt attack you or how you've been playing this game, just your ridiculous claim.

Annnnd I know youre lying because I know what I am but that just goes into a shitty point of view argument blah blah blah which I wont bother going in to.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Alright
1. Timdood's role balances out the fact that we don't know the roles of people who die.
2. If this is a ploy, then Tim deserves to win.
3. I trust Tim over Hype and Ansoro combined.
4. I trust coolio 100% and Hype says that she is mafia.

Vote Hypeburst

Status
Not open for further replies.