Trouble in the West: Pirates vs Cowboys [Finished]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
TROUBLE IN THE WEST: PIRATES VS COWBOYS

It hasn't been a quiet week in the desert village of Temisseorangelin... Somehow, a pirate ship has made its way inland with its crew of cereal-addicted sailors, and they're out to kill everybody!

Welcome to Trouble in the West: Pirates vs Cowboys, hosted by Prizyms and Alpha102

STATUS
Day 0 // No lynch
Night 1 // Nottykitten (Donut Dan) killed
Day 1 // Fiestaguy (Tumbleweed Thomas) lynched
Night 2 // Jivvi (Sheriff Shane) killed
Day 2 // Duffie (Pyro Pete) lynched
Night 3 // OMO63 (Boneyard Brian) killed
Day 3 // Swate (???) lynched
Night 4 // Ooglie101 (Sheriff Steve) killed
Day 4 // std1997 (Bloody Blake) lynched
Night 5 // Jeercrul (Forgetful Floyd) killed
Day 5 // GmK (???) lynched
Night 6 // JKangaroo (???) killed
Day 6 // storm886 (???) lynched
Night 7 // endersteve5 (???) killed
Day 7 // Timdood3 (???) lynched
Night 8 // Samlen (???) killed
Day 8 // In progress

RULES
Ten commandments of Mafia:

1. No editing or deleting posts.
  2. No posting if you're not alive in the game.
  3. No screenshotting/copying & pasting role or action PMs.
  4. No gaming the system (ciphers, bets, pre-game alliances).
  5. No gamethrowing.
  6. No discussing this game outside of the thread - this is a no-whisper setup.
  7. Do not use forum status (In a conversation, viewing thread etc) as a tool against somebody.
  8. Living players may not discuss the game amongst themselves unless alerting them about new posts.
  9. Do not use PM mechanics to prove a point.
  10. Do not attempt to lie to me or Alpha102. We are the hosts and expect full honesty.
MECHANICS
Role PMs with character names and backstories will be sent to all players. Voting will follow the standard procedures - half +1 to lynch, half to no-lynch. Voting will be done in bold at the end of a post.

vote Name / no lynch / unvote

CURRENT PLAYERS
  1. ansoro2112
  2. HypeBurst
  3. cooliorules
  4. The road to ruin (formerly digitalmez)
  5. 77_is_the_best
Questions? Feel free to ask me or Alpha102

Last edited:

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The population of Temisseorangelin awakens to a dreadful clamour outside the city walls. A pirate ship has somehow docked in the middle of the desert, taking an entire house and several fields with it! The inhabitants groggily get out of their beds to see the ruckus, but they are too tired to recognise who is a pirate and who isn't - even the pirates themselves are confused!

It is now Day 0.

Lynch: 11 /No Lynch: 10

To confirm your PM: Please include the word 'kcrimp' with your first message.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hi all.

Right, since we don't really have any leads atm, we can start with some normal game start chit-chat (or if someone has question, I'll be happy to answer) and then get to the more serious business once we've gotten used to the crowd around us.

Also, as a side note, I think we can assume the pirates don't know who the other pirates are yet, since it's a pretty common thing for D0 and Priz's backstory seems to hint at it (the last sentence of the last story).

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Wheee, Day 0.

Also, as a side note, I think we can assume the pirates don't know who the other pirates are yet, since it's a pretty common thing for D0 and Priz's backstory seems to hint at it (the last sentence of the last story).
We could possibly do a lynch, thought I'm unsure if we will ever be able to decide on a name.

To spark some discussion, questions always work. I don't know any good ones so I'm just gonna ask the same one I asked last game: Are you a cowboy or a pirate?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I cannot think about an inventive way to put kcrimp in a message so here it is.
And incase there is another lie detecting role - Are you a cowboy or a pirate? I am a cowboy \o/ *yeehaw*

Also, since Notty and GmK seem to be throwing votes all over the place I want to leave this for old times sake... BUUUURN DIGI - BUUUURN.

vote digitalmez

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm actually writing more limericks. I took the two that Duffie wrote and made them into the start of a long, long story. Already finished one more limerick as the third verse.

I blame @GmK

Anyhow, I am on the side of the Cowboys. Although I fail to see how that question is of any good right now, unless we have another lie detector, or how anyone is supposed to answer in any other manner.

Now, we have two votes already. I am quite willing to believe that GmK's was a random vote and Notty's was an OMGUS vote, since they're both very experienced and wouldn't make the mistake of dragging suspicion on them with a serious vote this early, unless it's a plot to make themselves look less suspicious. I managed to delightfully WIFOM this one, so, we still don't have any leads. Which is kind of logical, because only five posts have been made so far.

So, I'm gonna go ahead and ask some questions and see if anything interesting comes up. I may be quite terrible with questions, though, so if they turn out to be awful, then go easy on me.

Who are you most willing to trust at this point in the game and why?
Who are you least willing to trust at this point in the game and why?
Would you rather prefer a No Lynch or a lynch right now?

And my answers:
Most trustworthy: cooliorules. She has been town three times and non-town once. Every time she was town, I got clear town-vibes off of her and the one time she wasn't I wasn't too sure. Of course, she died N1 that game, so there's that, but still.
Least trustworthy: Nottykitten. That girl is wearing a goddamn mask on her all the damn time, a mask that is kind and smiling, but beneath that mask has been an evil genious more than once.
Lynch/No Lynch: I've never supported a No Lynch and I never will. In this game, it's even more justified to not No Lynch, because the Pirates seem to not know who the other pirates are, so they can't influence the votes in a way they usually could.

Also, since Priz decided to put a password of PM confirmation in after my first post, kcrimp.

I'm off to writing my RP now.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nottykitten

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Most Trustworthy: Well, I have a problem with trusting most people from the start, then working my way down. So... I'm not too sure who I trust the most right now. xD

Least Trustworthy: I have to keep myself from loving those long posts. Gotta keep myself from insta-lovin' JKang or Notty. Gotta try...

Lynch/No Lynch: I actually wouldn't mind a no-lynch, as it worked beautifully (Well, not exactly pretty) last mafia. If we take the chances to lynch now, we may just lynch another cowboy, and I don't wanna dwindle our numbers now! D:

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Who are you most willing to trust at this point in the game and why? Myself. Why? Because nobody else is trustworthy Day 0 except for yourself. You have 0 leads to go off of instead of scumtelling which is pretty hard on Day 0.

WELL FROM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE I DON'T TRUST ANYTHING DIGI SAYS BECAUSE IT IS ALL COMPLETE RUBBISH (ily bbygurl). Just kidding, once again Day 0 - not many leads.

I would usually use maths to determine this but since a closed setup I can't \o/ There's no leads at the moment and I'd rather not risk taking out one of us cowboys so I'm leaning towards no-lynch. Who knows - daycop exists (@Nottykitten) maybe?

But I'm gonna go ahead and claim Cactus now. I'm practically the vigilante and I can hit someone with my spikes each night! I wonder if my friend, the Beer, is still okay after this mess.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Who are you most willing to trust at this point in the game and why? Myself. Why? Because nobody else is trustworthy Day 0 except for yourself. You have 0 leads to go off of instead of scumtelling which is pretty hard on Day 0.

WELL FROM PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE I DON'T TRUST ANYTHING DIGI SAYS BECAUSE IT IS ALL COMPLETE RUBBISH (ily bbygurl). Just kidding, once again Day 0 - not many leads.

I would usually use maths to determine this but since a closed setup I can't \o/ There's no leads at the moment and I'd rather not risk taking out one of us cowboys so I'm leaning towards no-lynch. Who knows - daycop exists (@Nottykitten) maybe?

[hl]But I'm gonna go ahead and claim Cactus now. I'm practically the vigilante and I can hit someone with my spikes each night! I wonder if my friend, the Beer, is still okay after this mess.[/hl]
He's the reason we can't tell who's a pirate and who's not right now, probably.

• Winner
Reactions: Faliara

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score

Nobody. Not even myself. Why would I? There is nothing to go by yet, not one indication if the roles we have tell the whole story, nothing. Trust can only be based on actual actions, which there aren't enough yet. If I had to decide, I would trust nottykitten, only he would just as I be so silly as to push and immediate vote on a person and actually being a pirate.

The Host, since he is a sneaky bastard.

Lynch, lynch, lynch. I crunched the numbers with the Mafia-Statistometer-Machine-Of-Awesome, and with a 20 player start, a lynch, even if random (hopefully not) is the best chance to kill em pirates for good!

And, Notty, you seem to have a DejaVu, but to satisfy you: I am a cowboy, howdy!

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I cannot think about an inventive way to put kcrimp in a message so here it is.
And incase there is another lie detecting role - Are you a cowboy or a pirate? I am a cowboy \o/ *yeehaw*

Also, since Notty and GmK seem to be throwing votes all over the place I want to leave this for old times sake... BUUUURN DIGI - BUUUURN.

vote digitalmez
"Cowboy inferno! Durn digi burn! *kcrimp, crack, kcrimp*
Ack! My back! ...You ruffians and you're silly revenge, music, shenanigans *grumble grumble*
You'll pay for what you did to mah back you ol' coots!

vote digitalmez
Unvote
WHAAAAAAAT??? NOOOOO!
Unvote Unvote Unvote

#KCRIMP REPREZENT​

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
kcrimp

Hola o/

Who are you most willing to trust at this point in the game and why? I don't really trust anyone in this game. It's hard for me to. Except if that person is proved Town then of course I will. But if I had to choose someone I would say Cooliorules. Why? I've always trusted her a lot in previous games. (Even though she turned out to be a 3rd Party Role last time). She seems genuine.

Who are you least willing to trust at this point in the game and why? Like I said, I don't trust anyone. But if I need to choose I'll say Swate and Samlen. Simple because I haven't had the chance to play with them before. So I don't really know how they play. And the lurkers. I have a hard time trusting them.

Would you rather prefer a No Lynch or a lynch right now? I'm hoping someone makes a mistake or something that will lead us to lynch an Anti-Town Role. But I've always thought voting NL if we don't know something for sure.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
GmK, I just seem to be drawn to his style of writing and everything just seems so trustworthy.

Notty, she's a real liar that one.While people obviously are not going to trust me this time around, I don't really distrust anyone.

Innocent untill proven guilty right? Or atleast untill some evidence/posts show up. But right now I trust everyone.

Lynch. We could get a small taste of what a role is like when he/she dies, and also a chance at a pirate. Seems like two things we need. While we could kill a cowboy, I'm sure there are plenty roles left to help the Town.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
YAHRR HARR MY LADDIES, I BE TELLIN' YE YE OLDE SHIP 'OULD 'E PLUNDERRRRED IN 'O SCARLET SEA.

ARRRR YE A LANDLUBBER OR YE PIRATE?
I BE YE FULL-'LOODED POIRATE ARRR. 'OUGH NOT O' 'IS SHIP AN' YE BILGE RATS

WHO BE YE 'RRRST MATE?
I BE FINDIN' YE ALL VERRRRY LANDLUBBERIN' I NOT BE TRUSTIN' ANY OF YE FILTHY LANDLUBBERS, 'NLESS ONE OF YE LADS BE A SAILOR O' YE SEVEN SEAS I BE TRUSTIN' YA

WHO YE BE ACCUSIN' O' MUTINY?
I BE FINDIN' YE 'LL 'ORMAL UNLESS ANY OF YE BE VERRRRY TRUSTY

WALKIN' YE PLANK OR RUM DRINKIN'?
I BE SEEIN' NO 'EASON TO HAVIN' ANY OF YE WALKIN' YE PLANK U'LESS YE BE SAYIN' MUTINY

WE BE CAUSIN' MUTINY?
GMK YE BE FORGETTIN' TO BRRRIN' YE RUM

(Pirate or Cowboy)
Ofc. Cowboy. But i'll just RP a pirate because... ITS A PIRATE. My rp pirate will just be a pirate... but not from this ship :3

(Who do you trust?)
Unless you do something that really helps the town i ain't trusting anyone

(Most suspicious?)
Noone, Unless someone acts suspicious

(Lynch/No Lynch?)
A No-lynch is the best option unless someone does something weird.

I sense RvS :D
GmK, You didn't bring rum.
Vote GmK

Status
Not open for further replies.