TTT Login Screen/MOTD - Need creative web designers! (Rewards included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So right now, my current login screen/MOTD for the server looks like this:

It isn't the best looking login screen there is, but it's the best that I could come up with right now. So what I need from anyone out there who is a good web designer is to make me a nice-looking login screen/MOTD. (EDIT: This login screen is outdated. I have made an updated one below.)

A few things that it must include:
  • Escape Restart Banner
  • Current rules that I have listed on my current login screen (must be neatly sorted)
  • A nice background that can also make the text readable
  • As a bonus addition, you can also add punishments for rules that were broke. PM me for more info about this part if you do decide to do this. (I will also HIGHLY consider login designs that do do this depending on how well it looks)
I'm willing to give out steam cards, steam games of your choice (up to 30$), or any other gift cards up to 25$ to the person that can make me the best design for a login screen/MOTD.

There's no entrance application or anything like that, so if you come up with something on your own, post on this thread and I'll sort through what I have (if there's any submissions) on this post, and their design will be used as my login screen/MOTD for the server. The deadline for this will be next Wednesday (will delay the deadline by a week if there's hardly any/no submissions). The one that I select will be awarded with a gift of their choice that I listed above. Thanks in advance if you do participate in this!

UPDATE: So I decided instead of one person winning everything, that it would be fair if others are also rewarded for good efforts. So here's how the rewards will go:

• 3rd place will be awarded either a 5$ steam card, $10 game of their choice, or another $5 gift card of their choice.

• 2nd place will be awarded either a $10 steam card, a $15 game of their choice, or another 10$ gift card of their choice.

• 1st place will be awarded their choice of either a $20 steam card, a $30 game of their choice, or another 20$ gift card of their choice. The first place entry will also have a custom rank on my server for a month, and their login design be used as my own login screen. I will also mention your name somewhere in the login screen too.
ONE SMALL REQUEST: Alot of submissions have only had an image of it too. How Gmod login screens work is that I need an actual URL to use so it will display it as the login screen. If you do not know where to go to make a URL, just use Wix. It's a free website-design site that has all the necessary tools needed to make one of these.

Last edited:

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Brand new design!

http://www.megafileupload.com/5x3/TTT.zip
- No offence to Qube, but I had to delete the arrow because it's awkward to position the logo with limited space.

http://eramnea.wix.com/digitalmez
an updated version. i couldn't be bothered adding in the punishments. sorry :c
wix wouldn't allow me to clear the footer, so excuse the space at the bottom.
starting over -- it looks like the ninja turtles :L

* I have no idea why imgur is not uploading my .png and converting them to .jpg. So I'm photobucketing.
Had to take ideas from you Iguana <3

Last edited:

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
About rule 9, I find that it can still cause alot of trouble. Let's say two friends join our server, are both innocent and one decides to shoot the other one for the lolz. Then I check the body to find out the dead person is innocent, kill the other guy only to find out he's innocent too. And then I'll probabily get killed by another innocent for killing an innocent.

This lowers everyones karma and ruins the innocent's chances of winning as it could easely start a chain reaction of innocents killing innocents.

• Haha
Reactions: digi

paceboys

Reaction score
About rule 9, I find that it can still cause alot of trouble. Let's say two friends join our server, are both innocent and one decides to shoot the other one for the lolz. Then I check the body to find out the dead person is innocent, kill the other guy only to find out he's innocent too. And then I'll probabily get killed by another innocent for killing an innocent.

This lowers everyones karma and ruins the innocent's chances of winning as it could easely start a chain reaction of innocents killing innocents.
that rule has always been really touchy in the past, the easiest way to deal with it is just saying 'no RDM whatsoever' but it's not the most fun way :/ people involved just need to be very clear with what they're doing and if everyone's aware, i dont think a problem will be caused

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

I had to laugh at this because it seems like a Fruit and Shanebat1 thing to do.

Reaction score
Here is my version, not very good at webdesign but gave it a shot. Made it in 1920x1080, but can be resized to fit whatever.

The design is responsive to resize itself with screensize, but that should not matter much. (Imgur has really shitty pixelation going for it, i heavily suggest downloading the HTML file instead):

Alt. Version:

And here is a .HTML file for anyone wanting to check it out by themselves, just open it in Chrome to see what it would look like. (The code is incredibly horrible, not very used to webdesign):
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/620980/TTT-zip.html

Cheers!

(Took some inspiration with the iconsfrom you Iguana hope thats okay!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayfeather

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score

That rule is deliberately very loose. A very "case by case | staff discretion" idea. Mostly for the "lolz" encounter that you mention. If it causes excessive problems it always has room to be changed as well, just by tacking off a few words

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score

I might change it up at a later point. The one thing I wanted to avoid was being too strict with the rules with RDM. If one person shoots another for whatever reason and the victim that got shot is okay with it, then I shouldn't see how it can be a huge problem. You can still kill someone for killing an innocent and it wouldn't count as RDM either way. Just try to use communication in the game pointing who did what and marking them as KOS for that to avoid starting a reaction of innocents killing other innocents. If it becomes a huge problem then I'll change that rule at a later point.

Last edited:

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
imgur is doing something to my .png images and converting them to .jpg, so I had to use photobucket.
http://tinyurl.com/q3kjhs5
Nono, not that kind of URL. I was thinking more to like an actual website kind of URL. Like for example, the current login screen i'm using is this. If you don't have an actual URL for your submissions then that's okay too.

Tails506

Reaction score

The site itself is still screwed up, formatting seems to derp. Will post a URL as soon as I figure out how to fix that, which will hopefully be by tomorrow. I may also make slight formatting changes (I had the format set up looking prettier than it does in the screenshot above, but I the site completely screwed it up).

EDIT: Ronaldo it is not required to have a URL for our login screen? I still can't seem to figure this out.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Updated my own login screen/website URL. http://www.escaperestart-ttt.com/ Only thing I edited is that I removed the extra information from Rule 9, but that information I removed will still be in effect. Really hate to bother all of you who submitted but do you think you guys can do the same? Thanks in advanced. I also updated the original post with some extra information about this contest.

Iguana I'm stealing your banner because it's beast as fuck. If yours don't end up winning you're still going to get some sort of reward at the end of this contest.

Last edited:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hm, would it be okay if we put a link to the addons list on the !Motd too? It's just a lot of people seem to be put off from joining the server with the huge download wait, so unless there's any other way we can shrink the download I think we should put the link to the faster download on there - it might make a bit of a difference ;) (although I'm not sure if people will take the time to go and download them in an internet browser - if not, I guess we're stuck with having to shrink the download to attract newbies D; )

Last edited:

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Hm, would it be okay if we put a link to the addons list on the !Motd too? It's just a lot of people seem to be put off from joining the server with the huge download wait, so unless there's any other way we can shrink the download I think we should put the link to the faster download on there - it might make a bit of a difference ;) (although I'm not sure if people will take the time to go and download them in an internet browser - if not, I guess we're stuck with having to shrink the download to attract newbies D; )
As long as we manage to keep the sever running in such a way that it is valued as a high tier one, people will bear with the download times. And ya, it does sometimes turn people away at the door, but you don't look at something like Serious TTT and say "wow, this sucks their download is so long goodbye"

Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Status
Not open for further replies.