The Old Lobby

W

Wimali

It's served us for just about a year now. But all good things come to an end, and RoF has to adapt to survive. Changes must be made. A new lobby, for example.
Have you heard the news? Next week, a new lobby will be put into RoF. It's going to be freaking amazing. Hell, they've been working on it for over three months now; it's got to be amazing. But still, maaaan. We're gonna miss that babe. Well, I for one will. You gonna miss that old lobby to? The lobby you've played in for an entire year now? Maaaan, we'll never see it again.
Oh wait.
This thread isn't really anything special: I've just decided to take pictures of all the areas of the old lobby, so people can compare it with the new lobby or something when it's released. Or just for new users to look at how the first lobby looked, and for old players to have some nostalgia or something. Anyway. I don't need to explain, I just felt like taking pictures.​
I might also provide a download link of the lobby, if Ogarci and dirtcake allow it. I just think it would be cool to walk through these buildings, knowing they'd once been walked through on RoF. Now, let's start with the pictures. I've spoilered them because, y'know, they're over 100 pictures.​
After completing the Tutorial, this is the very first place you'd end up in. Every time when going to the lobby, the player would respawn right in the middle of these obsidian blocks.
"Did they have KoTL back then? Wow, seriously?" Yeah bro. We had KoTL back in 2013. And we loved it.
The original KoTL had a more lavay-floor. But when almost 90% of the people were just dying due to falling into lava, the directors decided to change it up a bit. Yay for safe grass!

Good old player shop!
The Crafter's Workshop!
Ah, the armory. There was a time when you couldn't get a pumpkin of loden there, y'know. And the enderchest was where that pumpkin is now (in the picture).

W

Wimali

We're going up!
First room we stumble across: the dye closet! Unlocks with Apprentice.

And after that we're going up higher! Welcome to the Journeyman Focus!

Shit, we gots 'em brewing stands. Get wild, magicians!

Shiiiit, level 1-8 enchantment table! OMG. THIS JOURNEY WAS SO WORTH IT.

They never even added it. Get mad, grandmasters!
Yoyoyo. Let'd dive into the dwelling!

Wooooooh. Potions bro.

And even a little thing for the redstoners! Cute, isn't it?

And improved enchanting! Up to like level 20 or something. Awesome!

EVEN WATER. WATER ON A LAVA SURVIVAL SERVER. DUDE, WE HAD IT ALL.

Yep, the dwelling had some benefits bro. Even our very own, personal goddamn portal. How cool can it get?

Do they sell Justin Bieber here?

Anvils! More brewing stands! Seriously, can it get any better?!

W

Wimali

Oeh. Now the real shit starts.

Cheap fortune & silk! Level 30 enchants!

Big ugly bedrock thing becauuuuuuse... Well, why not? (the shops in front of the bedrock sell diamond tools & armor :D)

Better potions!

Reactions: myusername22
W

Wimali

We used to have one of those big, large obsidian portals, y'know. But it looked ugly okay. So we chose for this instead! Well, we didn't really. Ogarci just made it and we should be damn happy for it, whether we like the look of it or not.

W

Wimali

Yeah. You read it right. We used to have another tutorial. Dunno what happened to it.

W

Wimali

This is what it looked like on September 28. The holes in it are -probably- from a LMS match that took place earlier.

Okay, so now you've seen the Crafter thing and the Apprentice thing. You can pretty much guess what the others are, they're all the same. Let's skip to the fun part, which only Grandmaster+ could access...
And now, dude, let's get some shaders involved!

That's everything. I hope you liked the lobby. It was 100% created by Ogarci. Farewell, first RoF lobby.

• Thank You
W

Wimali

The server isn't even a year old, it hasn't served for over a year now.
omg bram get facts straight.
actually, wasn't the lobby already there when the beta testing opened (today, exactly one year ago)
and maybe even when the first testing round was (september 25 2012)
lolpwnd

• Dislike
D

DarkHender

The server isn't even a year old, it hasn't served for over a year now.
omg bram get facts straight.
actually, wasn't the lobby already there when the beta testing opened (today, exactly one year ago)
and maybe even when the first testing round was (september 25 2012)
lolpwnd[/quote
It's served us for just about a year now. But all good things come to an end, and RoF has to adapt to survive. Changes must be made. A new lobby, for example.
yay you changed it

Spencer75

Reaction score
Nice work on this Bram. It'll be good to look back on these for when the new lobby is released purely for nostalgia reasons. :p

It'd be awesome if the Grandmaster's Sanctum was opened up to allow everyone to see what it currently looks like, even though it isn't and will never be completed. Shame it lags at times because of the amount of lava there though.

W

Wimali

Nice work on this Bram. It'll be good to look back on these for when the new lobby is released purely for nostalgia reasons. :p

It'd be awesome if the Grandmaster's Sanctum was opened up to allow everyone to see what it currently looks like, even though it isn't and will never be completed. Shame it lags at times because of the amount of lava there though.
I could take some pictures of the Sanctum & post them here, if Ogarci allows me to.

• Dislike

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I can't wait to -test- the new lobby for possible exit routes. :)

Or will it be open-air?
I don't suggest doing that.
Well, I mean, would you rather me finding glitches with the intent of getting them fixed, or someone else finding glitches with malicious intent? My standing is that as long as it doesn't hurt other players, it serves better to find and fix glitches than ignore and have others exploit them for worse cause.

D

DarkHender

I can't wait to -test- the new lobby for possible exit routes. :)

Or will it be open-air?
I don't suggest doing that.
Well, I mean, would you rather me finding glitches with the intent of getting them fixed, or someone else finding glitches with malicious intent? My standing is that as long as it doesn't hurt other players, it serves better to find and fix glitches than ignore and have others exploit them for worse cause.

If you're finding them for the purpose of telling staff members and not using them for your advantage then it's fine to my knowledge.

Anyways lets end this conversation and get back on track with the purpose of this thead.

• Thank You
Reactions: kuilin