[Testing Potassium] New Forum Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Tl;dr, new forum background splash, new forum colour scheme.

https://brivium.com/xenforo-styles/
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/other-styles.8/

Search, find any you like, discuss. Remember we can change minor things/we can also change the background splash, just as we did with this style.

Alternatively we may just want to stick with the current theme but, use a dark version, or even just stick with this theme and change the colours/splash.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/flexile-dark.3095/

Last edited:

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just going to throw some of the ones I like down.
https://brivium.com/resources/scandium.157/ - Nice refreshing look, seems to have lots of ability for customization. I'd be willing to pay for this one (and any of the other ones)

https://brivium.com/resources/phosphorus.147/ - Free. Not a terrible choice in my opinion, a bit bland though.

Looked through a bunch of them, a lot of them seem very cluttered and difficult to work with. Our current one can work with some recoloring though if we don't want to bother with paying/switching.

Reactions: Prizyms

tnm

Reaction score
I really like the flexile light theme, although it would be nice if we could get a theme that works well not only on desktop, but also on tablet and mobile devices. Agreeing with superstein here- the scandium theme looks pretty good as an alternative. I've had a look at the demo (https://brivium.com/demo/Scandium/) and it seems like a good choice.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Going to second Jt's link to Germanium.

Would it be possible to have multiple themes to choose from in the end situation? Such as a light one, dark one, pink/girly one, minecraft one, etc?

JtTorso

Reaction score
I've always liked the idea of having multiple themes like we did back on the old old forums, I don't really know what goes into web design and stuff like that though but the halloween theme went smoothly enough that I wouldn't mind seeing 2-3 optional themes that are available all year.

Reactions: Hunter

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I've always liked the idea of having multiple themes like we did back on the old old forums, I don't really know what goes into web design and stuff like that though but the halloween theme went smoothly enough that I wouldn't mind seeing 2-3 optional themes that are available all year.
Probably possible, might require a bit of backup cleaning though. And making those themes.

I can select a theme to use myself, not sure if that is linked to another admin permission though or it can be given to players safely without giving them something else unintentionally.

JtTorso

Reaction score
Probably possible, might require a bit of backup cleaning though. And making those themes.

I can select a theme to use myself, not sure if that is linked to another admin permission though or it can be given to players safely without giving them something else unintentionally.
I too can select themes, can't recall of that was an available option with my previous ranks though.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

Halloween all year m8

Reactions: 123

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll buy potassium at some stage and try modify it to see if we can get some early-acceptable results, we'll then decide based on that.

What i was hoping was possible was changing the splash/forum logo based on the sub-category (so garrysmod sub = garrysmod splash + garrysmod themed logo), but that might require sure hacking about, so I may abandon that depending on how much help xenforo can help.

Will keep you posted with results.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Small update - theme is bought, had hoped to be able to upload & tweak with it on the train (3 hour trip there and back) but, apparently something with the trains Wifi doesn't enjoy any attempts to FTP to the webserver, so it'll have to wait.

Will let you all know when it can be tried though.

• Thank You
Reactions: JtTorso

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Small update - theme is bought, had hoped to be able to upload & tweak with it on the train (3 hour trip there and back) but, apparently something with the trains Wifi doesn't enjoy any attempts to FTP to the webserver, so it'll have to wait.

Will let you all know when it can be tried though.
Not to bother youuu but I heard a couple people tried it out with our forums and was just wondering if it's possible for us to do it too? :)

JtTorso

Reaction score
Not to bother youuu but I heard a couple people tried it out with our forums and was just wondering if it's possible for us to do it too? :)
If you go down to the bottom of the page and click on Flexile Fixed a page comes up where you can select different themes, Potassium is currently an option, I'm currently testing it out myself.

Reactions: Nillbugwtw

JtTorso

Reaction score
Apologies for the double post, but if you edit a rather large post, it can actually extend the edit window so much so that the "save changes" button gets cut off and you can't actually make your edits. I'm currently using pottassium test.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Are there any options for configuring how unread threads are displayed? As it stands currently, the tiny blue dot is somewhat difficult to notice at a quick glance,and something like title bolding would work much better, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.