Terraria!

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Been following the 1.3 update for a few months now. If anyone is interested, it will be released on the 30th of this month. Seems like it's going to be a pretty dang good update, too.

They just released a trailer for it:

Also, if you don't care about spoilers and junk, here's a pretty detailed list of a lot of the upcoming features/items/etc.:
http://terraria.gamepedia.com/1.3

hypehypehype
I'm just excited that they finally brought in support for the UNIX-Like systems. I used to have a pirated version with some hacky wrapper running on my macbook just to play it. I bought Terraria during the Steam Summer Sale just because of the OS X & GNU/LINUX support.

Eeveon

Reaction score
I'm just excited that they finally brought in support for the UNIX-Like systems. I used to have a pirated version with some hacky wrapper running on my macbook just to play it. I bought Terraria during the Steam Summer Sale just because of the OS X & GNU/LINUX support.
Oh yea, just a heads up, the support for them will not be out at exactly the time 1.3 comes out. They are apparently going to release that sometimes in mid July or something like that. Basically, sometimes on July but not late into it, I believe. The reason, they said, is they wanted to make it as stable as possible.

• Informative
Reactions: Willchill

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Looks like Terraria Time :D

I looked for high-res texture pack (I like pixely games but not TOO pixely, just like with Micracraft faithful texture pack) and it appeared like 15 minutes ago. It was mass conversion so that texture pack is pretty much beta

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Ever since I got shadowflame knife for my no-cheat solo character, I've effectively been steam rolling everything in hard mode since.
Now I've got a terra blade, eye of cthulu, 4 krakens, damn... I'm starting to feel a little sorry for my next boss fight; Golem.

Reactions: Robo

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Ever since I got shadowflame knife for my no-cheat solo character, I've effectively been steam rolling everything in hard mode since.
Now I've got a terra blade, eye of cthulu, 4 krakens, damn... I'm starting to feel a little sorry for my next boss fight; Golem.
Oh man.. Once I got the flairon, I've been recking everything.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I made character that looks like lemming, and named him Leeroy Lemkins - guess what he will do?

Also I deleted Gall Anonim - I stopped playing legit at all ,after nill said it wasn't legit survival.
I got probably illegal stuff from chaotic, and was getting myself illegal stuff from map called Builders Workshop.

Edit: I'm doing expert playtrough. How do I keep slimes from camping me?
Edit2: Or not, I'll leave expert for rare item farming/artificial biome world.
It will be like this:
Normal Expert
Hardmode /Easy mode
Post Plantera/Hardmode
Dru- Lunar boss rekt/Post plantera

Last edited:

JtTorso

Reaction score
I made character that looks like lemming, and named him Leeroy Lemkins - guess what he will do?

Also I deleted Gall Anonim - I stopped playing legit at all ,after nill said it wasn't legit survival.
I got probably illegal stuff from chaotic, and was getting myself illegal stuff from map called Builders Workshop.

Edit: I'm doing expert playtrough. How do I keep slimes from camping me?
It will be like this:
Normal Expert
Hardmode /Easy mode
Post Plantera/Hardmode
Dru- Lunar boss rekt/Post plantera
Expert mode has higher drop rates on everything, in case you weren't aware.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Expert mode has higher drop rates on everything, in case you weren't aware.
I know about this, but it is too hard for me. I said rare, because they are usually more useful or part of useful stuff.
Thats why I'll create expert world after I get good equipment

Edit: Now I know why they called Terraria Lovecraft Lite/Death World - slimes will digest you, zombies will nom you and flyers will raid you from air, if you don't get good armor.
You WILL die before you reach edges of large map using wood armor only.

Last edited: