[Suggestions] For Tag.

Jeff0521

OPtimistic
Reaction score
Now that we have a new game mode, I thought I would try to add some suggestions for making it better. Now from what I understand, tag was made as a game mode to be a bit like classic Zombies, so as a person who has played Zombies for a very, very, very long time... I hope these are taken into consideration. I happen to like this game mode, by the way. c:

• No anti-camping. This is because it can be very annoying to have to move 1 block away when you're trying to hide. Tag is more of a hide-n-seek game mode (along with running), so I often find myself hiding in a spot and having to move out in the open to stop anti-camping.
  • Breakable blocks all the time. As you know, survivors can not break blocks after the round has started. I don't mind it when playing any other game mode, but if we're trying to make this more like Zombies then why not? What does removing blocks hurt?
  • No hunger. If you're going to be running constantly from hunters, stopping to eat for 2 seconds can really get in the way. Especially with hunters having one hit kills.
These are only a few of the suggestions I have thought of. I hope you guys like/agree with them. c:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Now that we have a new game mode, I thought I would try to add some suggestions for making it better. Now from what I understand, tag was made as a game mode to be a bit like classic Zombies, so as a person who has played Zombies for a very, very, very long time... I hope these are taken into consideration. I happen to like this game mode, by the way. c:

• No anti-camping. This is because it can be very annoying to have to move 1 block away when you're trying to hide. Tag is more of a hide-n-seek game mode (along with running), so I often find myself hiding in a spot and having to move out in the open to stop anti-camping.
  • Breakable blocks all the time. As you know, survivors can not break blocks after the round has started. I don't mind it when playing any other game mode, but if we're trying to make this more like Zombies then why not? What does removing blocks hurt?
  • No hunger. If you're going to be running constantly from hunters, stopping to eat for 2 seconds can really get in the way. Especially with hunters having one hit kills.
These are only a few of the suggestions I have thought of. I hope you guys like/agree with them. c:

I think baker is already working on the hunger thing. ;)
Breaking blocks, I don't see why not. It just depends on how hard it is to code :p
I personally have no problem with anti camp being turned off for TAG.
Thanks for the suggestions! We will just have to see what the developers can do ;)

• Thank You
Reactions: Jeff0521

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score

Anti-camp is currently set to one block for all maps, this is set globally for all maps and prevents people from hiding in ridiculously small spaces. So will not be removed in the near future.

Blocks can be made always breakable in the config file for a map under SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx.

As for no hunger, I will make this default for all [TAG] maps (Not able to change it through config files, requires some worldguard trickery) unless a mapmaker requests that hunger be on.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
I'm liking where this is headed. On another note, how about making mobs disabled on every [Tag] map? It would be quite annoying to get pestered by a spider when you don't have any weapons/way to defend yourself.

Another thing I was thinking of is removing sprint for [Tag] mode. I shied away from suggesting it because I know it wouldn't be a popular opinion, but when you think of it, it would make gameplay more smooth - no more glitchy sprint controls & messy situations because of them. I dunno, just throwing it out there. Let me know what you guys think.

Reactions: Jeff0521

Guinessis

Reaction score
Disabling mobs may be toggled by the map maker - simply set the biome to MushroomIsland. I use BiomePainter, no complaints here.

Downside is that you'll get the occasional mooshroom, and the grass/leaves will be bright green.

radman573

Reaction score
No offence, but you peeps do realize that this is premium AoD, right?

Suppressing all the features would be quite problematic for the frequent players as these new gamemodes are mixed with the normal AoD maps. Although the recent peeps want it to mimic classic zombies as closely as possible, you are really getting rid of all the interesting features and creative new ways to implement this new mode. You might even find the new features to be more fun than classic due to more possibilities. Instead of universal standards on what should or shouldn't be in these TAG maps, it should be all up to the map maker themselves. This will greatly improve the variety instead of having the same game playing on a different map all the time. Take a look at the new normal AoD maps, due to the lack of rules in how they are designed, the overall AoD feel has greatly approved and we now get to look forward to interesting and exciting new mechanics. Of course bugs and gamebreaking problems should be ironed out, but the best part of making AoD maps is the general idea that you could theoretically do whatever you want in thousands of different ways. This new change could make the experience much more enjoyable for map makers and players alike :D

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
No offence, but you peeps do realize that this is premium AoD, right?

Suppressing all the features would be quite problematic for the frequent players as these new gamemodes are mixed with the normal AoD maps. Although the recent peeps want it to mimic classic zombies as closely as possible, you are really getting rid of all the interesting features and creative new ways to implement this new mode. You might even find the new features to be more fun than classic due to more possibilities. Instead of universal standards on what should or shouldn't be in these TAG maps, it should be all up to the map maker themselves. This will greatly improve the variety instead of having the same game playing on a different map all the time. Take a look at the new normal AoD maps, due to the lack of rules in how they are designed, the overall AoD feel has greatly approved and we now get to look forward to interesting and exciting new mechanics. Of course bugs and gamebreaking problems should be ironed out, but the best part of making AoD maps is the general idea that you could theoretically do whatever you want in thousands of different ways. This new change could make the experience much more enjoyable for map makers and players alike :D
I know what I'd do if I was making a Tag map, give them speed, leave them with hunger but give them plenty of cakes, yum yum.

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
I agree with Radman. While I'd LOVE a server that is exactly like ZS, the fact is it isn't like it, and it isn't exactly fair for us ZS players to come along and try to change the game system of a server that others have been playing before us and love. THAT BEING SAID, I still really like that occasional tag game, of course, it's occasional, which adds an extra flavour to the game, without sacrificing the original PvP idea.

(And sorry my post on this topic is so late, for I've been away :()