Streamlined Appeal System

Status
Not open for further replies.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
A bit of a minor thing, but I'd like a streamlined appeal system here. We'd have one subforum, it could stand out from the initial forum page (so people do not have to scroll down at all) and can be used for Minecraft/Other games/IRC/TS. Our current Minecraft appeal looks like this:
What is your in-game name? -
What server did you get banned on? -
What rank were you on that server? -
When did you get banned? -
Do you share an account with anyone? -
Who was the staff member that banned you (if applicable)? -
Why were you banned? -
Upon questioning, were you courteous to staff? -
If you recognize the ban, do you dispute the ban? -
Statement of good faith -
I would like to suggest this format:
What is your username? -
What server did you get banned on? (AoD, RoF, A&T, BB, Infection, Other) -
When did you get banned? (Date and/or time if you know) -
Do you share an account with anyone? -
Who was the staff member that banned you (if you know or remember)? -
Do you know why were you banned? -
If you know the reason for the ban, do you think that the ban was fair? -
Why should we unban you? -

I cleaned up the format a bit, as I noticed that it had a lot of information rarely useful. I also dumbed down the language a bit as in the past it was hard for ESL users to understand, I noticed in the past. Hopefully this appeal format works for TS/IRC too, as a lot of that evidence could be supplied by the person who banned them.

Opinions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Notme and RyanDodd

JtTorso

Reaction score
superstein

If you recognize the ban, do you agree the ban? -

Typo, also maybe reword to: "Do you think that the ban was fair?"
Seems far more simple and might be easier for younger players and or people who have difficulty reading english.

Around when did you get banned? -

Possibly reword this to: When were you banned? (How many days/ what time were you banned?)

What server did you get banned on? - Maybe include the servers so it looks a bit more like: What server did you get banned on? (AoD, RoF, A&T, BB, Infection, Other) -

I see a lot of people getting the application process wrong and I think making it as straight forward as possible might make it go along more smoothly. Also maybe draw more emphasis on the fact that the applicant needs to keep up to date with their appeal, we deny a lot because they become neglected by the OP.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
superstein

If you recognize the ban, do you agree the ban? -

Typo, also maybe reword to: "Do you think that the ban was fair?"
Seems far more simple and might be easier for younger players and or people who have difficulty reading english.

Around when did you get banned? -

Possibly reword this to: When were you banned? (How many days/ what time were you banned?)

What server did you get banned on? - Maybe include the servers so it looks a bit more like: What server did you get banned on? (AoD, RoF, A&T, BB, Infection, Other) -

I see a lot of people getting the application process wrong and I think making it as straight forward as possible might make it go along more smoothly. Also maybe draw more emphasis on the fact that the applicant needs to keep up to date with their appeal, we deny a lot because they become neglected by the OP.
I agree with these changes, edited in.

We'll repost the thread and make a short, but informative intro, hopefully short enough that it's actually read.
Something along the lines of, "1. Keep up with appeal, 2. Respond to staff member's questions, 3. Be courteous and respectful during your appeal, and some more stuff that I can't think of now"

Will start getting on top of this stuff after midterms :p

Reactions: JtTorso

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
(heeeey, look who's back from exams...)

Just adding on to what's already been said. If you're including "tips", I'd say keep it short and sweet like:

Tips:
  1. Use the format! Ban appeals that don't provide the information in the format will automatically be closed - you don't want that!
  2. Check your appeal often! If no response is given in a week (maybe?) then it will be closed and you'll have to reapply again.
  3. Make sure you read and respond to all the questions! The questions being asked are to help us come to a decision; what we're asking for is relevant and important.
  4. Be courteous and respectful during your appeal! We promise to provide you with respect so we expect the same. Also, it doesn't help if you start your appeal using vulgar words you wouldn't even say to your momma.

But in the end, no one will read this anyways so go ahead and put whatever you like. :)

Not hating but I've always wondered: is the question "If you were questioned, did you cooperate with staff?" necessary? What I mean is, the banning operator will (most likely) remember the situation and if they cooperated or not. Does it effect the appeal or the final decision if they say "yes I was" / "no I wasn't" - since usually those are the responses achieved from that question. Just wondering about this.

Reactions: JtTorso

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
(heeeey, look who's back from exams...)

Just adding on to what's already been said. If you're including "tips", I'd say keep it short and sweet like:

Tips:
  1. Use the format! Ban appeals that don't provide the information in the format will automatically be closed - you don't want that!
  2. Check your appeal often! If no response is given in a week (maybe?) then it will be closed and you'll have to reapply again.
  3. Make sure you read and respond to all the questions! The questions being asked are to help us come to a decision; what we're asking for is relevant and important.
  4. Be courteous and respectful during your appeal! We promise to provide you with respect so we expect the same. Also, it doesn't help if you start your appeal using vulgar words you wouldn't even say to your momma.

But in the end, no one will read this anyways so go ahead and put whatever you like. :)

Not hating but I've always wondered: is the question "If you were questioned, did you cooperate with staff?" necessary? What I mean is, the banning operator will (most likely) remember the situation and if they cooperated or not. Does it effect the appeal or the final decision if they say "yes I was" / "no I wasn't" - since usually those are the responses achieved from that question. Just wondering about this.
The tips look good, nice job. We can use those!

To follow up, I don't know. Honestly it's not useful at all, as that person should remember... I think I'm going to cut that piece out unless there are any objections.

Reactions: SparklyMuffinz
Status
Not open for further replies.