Splatoon

Best way to travel?

• I'm afraid of everything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Update:
Max level has been increased, along with a new way for people level 20 or higher to gain new levels.

New weapons, including the Heavy Splating (which very much reminds me of the Heavy's Minigun), a new inkbrush, and a bucket-like weapon that is totally awesome and has a very silly victory animation.

New game types: Squad battles (ranked battles with friends), and private battles (friends only; do what ever you want).

Catcocomics

Reaction score

It's convenient how Nintendo has put all their splatfests on weekends where I'm at my dad's house so far.
August 28th-29th, Autobots vs Decepticons. Time to update the poll again.

On a separate note, I've gone and watched Squid Girl, which is only relevant because of the clothing set you can get in Splatoon and because Nintendo may be doing more things with the people who made Squid Girl.

ahem... Pick Yer Poison
1 week until splatfest, if you please...

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
New weapons:
new nozzlenose model, with burst bombs and kraken

Bamboozler 14 mkI, wth splash wall and killer wail

Bamboozler is supposed to be what the inklings of old used in the great turf war a century ago.
It doesn't shoot very far and really doesn't hit too hard, but it has a very short charge time and is basically like a musket that seems to have a secondary use as a walking stick..
The bamboozler, as its name implies, appears to be made from bamboo.

Also, splatfest time!

Catcocomics

Reaction score
splatfest is over.
might post the results tomorrow if I don't repeat the same very regrettable mistake I made today...

I guess some old habits die hard to the point where they get passed on to future generations, since we lost the first great turf war to the very same mistake I made this morning.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Right, I think now is the time I use this thread for what I originally intended it for (don't worry, any updates or splatfests will still be announced... even if no one is really interested anymore...)...

Starting this Thursday, I will start trying to get myself an army of squid-kids to dominate the ranked battles with.
What this also means is that I will sort of have a little thing going on where some of us (I don't care who exactly, but I'm not to be left out) shall sort of have our own splatoon of squid-kids for squad battles, and... well let's try to make this simple...

I'm going make Miiverse posts in Splatoon announcing that I am recruiting people for squad battles, and tell them to go on the ER forums for more information (hoping Nintendo doesn't mind me doing this).
Many/most might ignore me, a few may heed my call and check us out.
Anyone who is still interested in joining at this point will (hopefully) find a thread more in depth about my whole inkling-army-plan where they are welcome to ask to join us on Splatoon and stuff, and this is where other people come in.

If I recall correctly, Nintendo Network users are limited to having 100 friends, and in order to do squad battles with some one, you must be friends with them on the NN.
Now personally, I don't want all of my friends slots taken up by 70-80 people from the other side of the globe who I only just met 2 hours ago, and I don't think any one else really would either, so how I'm going to have it work is, a select few of us (the few of us who wish to dedicate at least one day every month and no less than 20 NNfriend slots for our specific (s)platoon) shall take a squad of our squids into the battle field and/or hosting a private battle, which I shall refer to as 'Party Battle'.

Now one very important thing about this is that I want this operation to be very organized, and a certain format and criteria are to be followed.
To give an example, I might as well give out my hosting information and the likes;

Name [nickname]: Catcocomics [Catco]
NNID (so that you can join us in battle): Catcocomics
Level: 33
Battle Type(s): Ranked, 'Party' (party on special occasions)
Preferred game mode(s): Rainmaker, Tower Control, Turf Wars
Typical playing days: every Thursday, every other weekend (for now)
Hour(s) usually on: 6-10 P.M. central standard (or what ever timezone Texas is) [Thursdays], Mornings and often in afternoon and evening [every other weekend]
Squad size: Quad Squad
Splatoon members: 0/40

The other thing that I want assistance with is to come up with a name for my/our (whose should it be?) inkling army as a whole (Bloop Troop is out, since it's already take by a certain youtuber...), and for those who would like, a name for individual splatoons (and yes, I get the title of the game is 'Splatoon', and that it could be any number of puns, but don't forget about the official 'Squid Beak Splatoon').

So yeah, I'd like to see some name suggestions for my/our army (I seriously want to know if any of you want to take communal ownership of this army or not) before I go ahead with making the squad thread, deadline is Wednesday afternoon/evening this week, and I don't want to be the one who comes up with the name because I'm not great with names, but I will come up with one if I must.

So brief summary; I'm setting a plan/project into motion by Thursday this week, and I'm going to dedicate my full efforts to this and not let up any until I know that it's stable.
Phase 1 is coming to a close, but shall still run in the background as Phase 2 launches in to jump-start Phase 3...
And with Phase 3, we all get delicious crab cake and octo-sushi party.

On a final note, good night.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
New splatfest, art vs science...
I'm guessing any remaining interest for this game within this community has just about died, but I'll carry on, at least for now...

Sadly, unless my very one-dimensional sister has a sudden change of heart or something, I'm probably not going to make it to this splatfest.
It's really inconvenient (and a mighty bit suspicious) that all the parties and events my step family randomly decide to do always seem to be on the very day of a splatfest, for every single splatfest thus far, save the first (which had 4th of July instead).
Do I smell coincidence or conspiracy?