Rework Suggestion: FFA

What to do with the free for all gamemode?

• Keep FFA the way it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turn FFA into elimination.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Change or replace FFA in another way.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
For quite some time I have the feeling that FFA has been considered a disliked/unfavorable gamemode compared to the other modes. This can for example been seen in a poll for favorite gamemode (http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/vote-what-is-your-favourite-aod-gamemode.18857/).
The zombie and ctf gamemodes have some faults too but that is for another time. I would love to see the FFA gamemode improved while keeping the idea of free for all.

Instead of having a 5 minute deathmatch I propose that instead it becomes free for all elimination. Everyone spawns randomly on the map and once you die you're out for that round. This would make the gamemode less braindead brawl and requires you to have a strategy. Players also get the excitement of surviving.

Now a problem that will appear that hiding may be a superior strategy. To combat that players will all be given the same kit with a bow w/o arrows and with a little bit of food. By getting a kill on another player you will be rewarded with a few arrows, some food and a health potion (a burst of speed for like 3 seconds would also be nice if possible). This way you will build up an almost unbeatable advantage over the people refusing to fight.

People that die become spectators and can just fly around and chat for a while. Because the rounds will probably end pretty quick this shouldn't be a problem.

The rewards would be something like 15 orbs per kill to further motivate fighting and also 10/40/100 orbs for the last 3 players (so 100 for the winner of the elimination round).

Please let me know what you think about this: Do you like the suggestion? Do you think FFA should stay the way it is? Should it be changed/replaced in another way? I'll also put up a poll. Questions are of course also more than welcome.

Kind regards,
Vat