[Poll] Blocktopia - Final Name Choices

What name do you want for the rebranded community?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I agree, Escape Restart sounds much more like a title of a novel or a video game itself, rather than a community. I like World 8 because we're expanding from just the realm of Minecraft to be more diverse and, in a sense, global. The term 'world' has a lot of strong, positive connotations to it. The words 'escape' and 'restart' both have negative connotations, however, with escape being to flee from something, and restart to rebuild after tragedy. It's true we're restarting, but I think the name just sounds too negative.

But hey man, just my opinion.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I wanna play too...

So I decided to mess around with logos and stuck with this font, which I personally like, and messed around with simple colors and placements. They could use some work, of course, but these are just ideas if anyone else gets inspiration from them.

Personally, I like the logo that says "EscapeRestart" and has the black background on it. BUT.. one problem is that the circle is not in the center for any of the "EscapeRestart" logos --where I've centered the "ER" bit within the circle. The "Restart" side has like 1.5" more than the "Escape" side. It bothers me.

EDIT: I would have done World8, but honestly, the word "World" looks weird to me.

Eeveon

Reaction score
Changing my vote to World Eight. It's grown on me. :p

Speaking of which, do you think that it would maybe be a good idea to make a new poll? I've noticed that there were several people saying they wanted to change their vote and new ideas and opinions on some of the names have been brought up. Perhaps some people have actually changed their minds but can't be bothered to post or just went "meh, can't change my vote" and went on.

I guess my reasoning would be that we want to be absolutely sure that the right name gets chosen. We obviously don't have to rush this so I think a new poll would be a good idea. We could even just make a poll with the top two names at the moment or whatever and run this like a tournament-style thing with the brackets and all that shiz and this is like the first round okay analogy over lel.

Anyways, if this would be too much trouble or not worth it then disregard this. Just a thought I had.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=#fff4e5]I don't know if it'd matter but can I change my vote to World 8?[/BCOLOR]

Not sure there's any automatic way to change it but I'll keep tally - to save me having to filter through the options, what did you vote for again?
I voted for Press 2 Play but I'd like to change it to World 8. Thankyouuuu

Reactions: 1 person

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I wanna play too...

So I decided to mess around with logos and stuck with this font, which I personally like, and messed around with simple colors and placements. They could use some work, of course, but these are just ideas if anyone else gets inspiration from them.

Personally, I like the logo that says "EscapeRestart" and has the black background on it. BUT.. one problem is that the circle is not in the center for any of the "EscapeRestart" logos --where I've centered the "ER" bit within the circle. The "Restart" side has like 1.5" more than the "Escape" side. It bothers me.

EDIT: I would have done World8, but honestly, the word "World" looks weird to me.
omg could you make a split text animation of this?

Reactions: 1 person
D

DieLorelei

I found an even better logo :)

It'll be even more accurate once the TNT server comes back ;D

"Hey wanna play something?"
"Nah, I'm playing with my friends from ER" / "Nah, I'll be playing at (the) ER" / "Sure"

Escape Restart sounds like a community for rage quitters

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DarkHender

I wish one of the choices could be a cool made up word butt oh well votedd

world 8 reminds me of that video game like minecraft.. i forget the name of it but it was smoother looking

pixel portals reminds me of minecraft and portal 2

press to play reminds me of old games, are we gonna be playing pacman?

escape restart just reminds me of the esc key and restarting a level or a device..

so yeah

Last edited by a moderator:

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
The image looks pretty good, Iguana. Unfortunately I still don't like the name itself though. But if it were to be chosen I'd say this one should be up for a vote as logo.
yeah, it's perfectly fine that you don't like the name, just throwing up potential logos if it happens to follow through is all

edit: here's variation 2 i guess

• Love
Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Status
Not open for further replies.