let's not explode [day 5 - GAME OVER (MAFIA WIN)]

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Inffy was basically forced to claim, and it kinda went downhill for him from there. It seems to me as if under such pressure there's no reason for Inffy to claim civilian if he wasn't - a town PR claiming civilian is basically shooting themselves in the foot; a scum claiming civilian is just asking to be lynched on the next day.
How so? Claiming civilian is logically what the mafia would claim right? Because it can't be cced.

D

Deleted member 4601

How so? Claiming civilian is logically what the mafia would claim right? Because it can't be cced.
Hmmmmm, never thought of that.
You're right.

I was thinking along the lines of "The more nights a self-proclaimed civilian survives, the more likely this civilian is scum", especially with the existence of the gadget.

D

Deleted member 4601

I don't understand that reasoning
Civilians are Mafia targets - any civilians that mafia kills brings mafia one step closer to winning, plus with the gadget doctors who attempt to heal them might just sacrifice for nothing. If Inffy were mafia, he wouldn't be killed by mafia, hence by claiming civilian and somehow not dying over the next few nights, he's gonna appear suspicious.

Hence the reasoning that only a civilian would claim civilian.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Civilians are Mafia targets - any civilians that mafia kills brings mafia one step closer to winning, plus with the gadget doctors who attempt to heal them might just sacrifice for nothing. If Inffy were mafia, he wouldn't be killed by mafia, hence by claiming civilian and somehow not dying over the next few nights, he's gonna appear suspicious.

We have a doctor with two protections though.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
oak basically what has happened is me and hunter saw each other as mafia so tried to get each other killed and both claimed civilian

we are now in the aftermath of the fight and i no longer think of hunter as mafia but despite all my explanations of everything i've ever done hunter is tunnel visioning me to still be mafia and coming up with random excuses for him to still vote me like saying all i do is appeal to emotions (which is a lie)

so basically i'm dead unless we decide that killing a civilian claim is still a bad idea and understand that nothing i have done is mafia-intention-based in any way

oh and the mafia are probably amongst the people still voting me right now (so rune, hunter, ender, aqua and mario) and i'm losing hope

10/10 day lol

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
oak basically what has happened is me and hunter saw each other as mafia so tried to get each other killed and both claimed civilian

we are now in the aftermath of the fight and i no longer think of hunter as mafia but despite all my explanations of everything i've ever done hunter is tunnel visioning me to still be mafia and coming up with random excuses for him to still vote me like saying all i do is appeal to emotions (which is a lie)

so basically i'm dead unless we decide that killing a civilian claim is still a bad idea and understand that nothing i have done is mafia-intention-based in any way

oh and the mafia are probably amongst the people still voting me right now (so rune, hunter, ender, aqua and mario) and i'm losing hope

10/10 day lol
I think you might be on Tilt, rune isnt even voting you by the looks of the last votecount

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Fatal flaw in that logic, civilian is the only role that a mafia member can claim without being counter claimed against. So if a member of the mafia were forced to claim they would have to claim civilian.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Honestly Ltin, use your goddamn brains and realise that the doc has to be careful who he protects because if the gadget visits either of his targets then we lose a shit ton.
actually the nurse would die instead + the gadget only kills people who have visited or been visited by that specific person

blowing up one doc save doesn't kill everyone the doc has ever visited, afaik

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
bullshit, not tunnel vision at all
"random excuses" my ass, did you even read Enderfive's spiel

and you are too appealing to emotion
yes I did read his spiel and I responded to every single point he made, explaining why I, as a Town role, did all of those things. If you still are confused by anything i said then feel free to ask but as far as im concerned ive covered everything.

as for appealing to emotion, please quote where abouts ive done that apart from here, when i am saying that to explain why i am being so defensive.

I know I'm looking like I super-don't-want-to-die here but that is because I don't because:

a) I'm civilian and I know the mafia are rubbing their hands together knowing they're killing me off and using the excuse of "ender's post makes sense" without even considering my defence of it, as their killing method.

b) I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR MAFIA EVER SINCE THE LAST ONE AND TO DIE D1, AS A CIVILIAN WHO HAS DONE NOTHING BUT PLAY THE GAME AND TRY TO WIN, WOULD SUCK SO MUCH LOL.

Ahhhh this is so annoying.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
arguments against you: great logic and shit, especially ender's take on things
your defense: "oh golly those are some good arguments yes yes but um actuallllly i am town, honest, so they're all wrong PLS NO LYNCH"

if i am actually missing something you've said that doesn't boil down to that do tell

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
arguments against you: great logic and shit, especially ender's take on things
your defense: "oh golly those are some good arguments yes yes but um actuallllly i am town, honest, so they're all wrong PLS NO LYNCH"

if i am actually missing something you've said that doesn't boil down to that do tell
Okay so I'll go through your points one by one and give my explanation/reasoning behind it all.

The fact that I put suspicion on people only with support: okay, I'm not denying I do this and I can kind of understand now why this would seem suspicious because of the reasons you listed. The only thing I can say to this is why I actually did that, and that is because I don't exactly pride myself on my Mafia skills. I tend to make a judgment but keep it to myself because a) it could be a stupid thing to say or b) it could be a suspicious thing to say without me realising. For example, when ltin made his post about how the Mafia could bus the pap at first I saw this as reasonable and actually saw what he was trying to say, until people gave their comments on it and I realised I would have bee stupid, and suspicious, to agree to it because I saw why his post didn't really make sense. So whilst I agree this behaviour is probably suspicious it's just something I do because I'm feel like I need support in what I'm saying if I'm not 100% sure on it to say anything. However, let me also point out that I did defend ltin without any support because I truely believed there was an extremely strong chance he was town, so whilst your point has merit for the majority of cases, it doesn't fit all the time.

My reasoning for voting ltin is something I've also said in previous posts: everyone had seen the thread and my defences and nobody was agreeing with me. The only purpose of not voting ltin would be to delay the night before they are inevitably lynched because as I said, nothing else was happening, and if everyone else believes ltin to be suspicious enough to vote and only I disagree, me not voting isn't going to do anything but keep people waiting. May I also point out that ooglie did the same thing and I'm presuming it was for the same reason so one which he can understand; he said he didn't agree with a ltin lynch but if nobody had anything else to say he would hammer. Why? Because nothing else was happening, I'd lost my argument and was just giving in to what the majority thought. I re-stated the fact that I disagreed with ltin being lynched as a last small push to defend him.

I didn't say anything about hunter being suspicious to me because, as I've said multiple times now, I wasn't so sure about it and saying "guys my gut says hunter is Mafia" might have put suspicion on me. As a civilian I want as little suspicion as possible. I had 0 evidence to support my suspicion on hunter other than gut which is why I said nothing. Then when hunter did something that I viewed as anti-town and seeing others agree I jumped to lynch him because suddenly I had a reason, and my gut feeling became more precise, as I flashbacked to him wanting the mayor to out. I didn't want to refer back to previous games because I didn't think it was allowed but you've just done it so I will say a part of my gut feeling on hunter was also because he seemed to have been a lot quieter this game and less "chaotic", whether that be because of the feedback he received in dead chat from last game or because he has a specific motive of playing in a different style because he is a different role/on a different team: the Mafia team. I know it probably looks like I saw notty and oog vote him and the jumped on board but I had honestly just got home from college, gone online on steam, ooglie told me to check Mafia so I did, saw what hunter had done and saw it was suspicious and saw I wasn't alone in thinking it so I voted him. That was all there was to it.

Again, I've explained this before, but I didn't say suspicion on you because notty said it for me. So instead, I rated your post confusing, said "I agree with notty" and then focused my attention towards hunter because out of the two of you, I found him more likely to be Mafia. I've town-read you all game so when you agreed with hunter I guess I just dismissed it as you making a confused decision which is based too strictly on your principle on "never no-lynch" and since nobody else was suspicious you wanted ltin lynched, but hunter's wording of his reasoning for not unvoting made me think he had a plan. Then when you made that post I actually was going to reply to that and say yes you were but hunter moreso but because you wrote it in a different style to your other posts (you were like "am I suspicious tell me pls" rather than "Do you think I'm suspicious?" I thought it was some meme or joke or sarcastic reference to how I was acting, asking how I was suspicious, so I decided not to respond in the end (which was stupid of me and an incredibly bad excuse but it's the truth). Then when you attacked me, I realised you were being serious and so defended myself because I didn't want to be lynched, so I explained that I did in fact also find you suspicious.

The reason why I voted hunter is because, and I seriously don't know how I can make this any clearer, I then truely believed hunter was Mafia and saw a chance to save ltin, who I saw as innocent. I was in no suspicion prior to this switch, so if I was Mafia why would I do that? I switched because I am scum hunting, killing who I believe to be Mafia. I really don't see how that is supicious at all.

As for hunter claiming civilian, I did reconsider my vote before realising that any Mafia member other than the quack is realistically going to claim civilian so he could just as easily be Mafia hiding behind his claim, and also if I unvoted right after hunter put suspicion on me not only would I probably look even more suspicious but I'd be the one to be lynched because it was him or me. I knew I was innocent for a fact so of course I went with the hunter lynch. Looking back now I see this was a possibly a mistake and I should have just unvoted because it was a civilian claim but I kept it going because I was still suspicious of him, still very certain that he was Mafia, still following my gut. But I suppose logically killing a civilian claim day 1 isn't the best way to go.

The reason I was tunneling against hunter was because he was my #1 suspect. I believed someone was behind the ltin lynch as a Mafia member, and I believed that someone was hunter, and everyone else had just agreed and bought into their schemes.

The "convenience" of me having suspicion on hunter all along is simply because that is the truth. I don't know how to defend that other than saying that I am town whether you believe it or not, and I have been nothing but honest.

Now I'm put into a very awkward position because after your hunter analysis I am actually starting to worry that this is literally 2 civilians against each other. A part of me wants to unvote, but I think that would lead me to being lynched, who I know for certain am a civilian and so know lynching me is a bad option, whereas there is a chance hunter is just playing this very smart and is actually mafia. Heck even you could be mafia, but if I thought that was true I'd not bother defending myself from you to this extent and would instead be trying to convince everyone else that you are Mafia.

Other than that I don't quite know what else I can say other than I know for a fact that lynching me is a bad move, and just hope you all believe it when I say it. Everything that is being put against me is all over-analysed theory making that does make sense in all honesty, after reading your clear reasons as to why you think I'm suspicious, but they are wrong, and that's all I can really say.
^ my logical explanations on literally everything?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hunter