Lag help thread!

Do you lag too?

• Total voters

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
Well when I play minecraft online I get a very slow connection witch makesmost things difficult to do (PvP, chunk loading, rubberbanding and talking is the most annoying).

I lag most days and about half the time it is unbearable/impossible to play multiplayer.

So I am asking if anyone knows anything that I can do to fix it because this would greatly help me and other people who lag aswell.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
If it's client lag (low FPS, takes 5 seconds to open menu after pressing Esc): Optifine/Optimine, No texture packs, Stop unneeded programs running in background, Allocate memory, Reduce settings.

If its network lag (break a block and it reappears, rubberbanding, high ping [when you scroll over bars beside server name in server list it says over 500 ms], chat appears 5 seconds after saying it):
Get a better ISP, turn off/disconnect other devices in house using Internet, go to Speedtest.net and test things out there, Restart your router and modem, Contact your ISP to report problems with connection, Connectyour computer to your router with a physical cable (Ethernet cable) rather than Wi-Fi, Move to Germany.

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
If it's client lag (low FPS, takes 5 seconds to open menu after pressing Esc): Optifine/Optimine, No texture packs, Stop unneeded programs running in background, Allocate memory, Reduce settings.

If its network lag (break a block and it reappears, rubberbanding, high ping [when you scroll over bars beside server name in server list it says over 500 ms], chat appears 5 seconds after saying it):
Get a better ISP, turn off/disconnect other devices in house using Internet, go to Speedtest.net and test things out there, Restart your router and modem, Contact your ISP to report problems with connection, Connectyour computer to your router with a physical cable (Ethernet cable) rather than Wi-Fi, Move to Germany.
Yep its premium and Its not low FPS (I already get 100+), and use optifine just for HD texture packs and zooming. The other suggestions are great, just I am trying to aviod spending money.

How do I allocate more Ram?

And about spout, its horrible D:

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Anyone else got any ideas?

Because my activity on AoD is low because of it, It is impossible to play, let alone staff!
Ram, Spout, Optifine, and higher FPS will not help you at all in this case. You have network lag. That is, you have a bad connection with the servers in Germany. Follow my suggestions for network lag.