[INFO] Someone griefed me! What to do?

W

Wimali

Oh snap. This random guy on the lava survival server just flooded me, and keeps griefing the spawnhouse! There’s no operator online either… What am I supposed to do now?

Don't panic
I've seen lots of people just panicking and raging at the people who griefed or flooded them. Its understandable that you're raging because you lost all your stuff, but it's not going to get you anywhere. Just try to calm down and ask yourself a few questions: Did he do it intentionally? Was it an accident? Is there anyone online that can help you?

Be prepared.
To be prepared is half the victory, right? Exactly. What I suggest doing is always having a recording program like Fraps or Hypercam on. That way, if someone is griefing you or doing anything else illegal, you would be able to record their wrongdoing and later report them through a PM on the forums (to a staff member). Now I realize not a lot of people can handle a recording program, so a few other things you should do is knowing who to ping.

What’s pinging?
You can ping a staff member when they are in IRC (the Internet Relay Chat) by saying their full IRC name in chat. For example, let’s say Forseti is in IRC. His IRC name isn’t Forseti however, but /Forseti/. How would you ping him? By saying /Forseti/. The operator would then receive an annoying little sound that will alarm them. But you don’t always know who’s in IRC right? That’s why you should be on IRC.

How do I get on IRC?
The Blocktopia IRC is easily accessible by clicking on the “Chat” button on the forums. However, you can also access it by going to blocktopia.net/forum/chat/or v.gd/btchat. If you’re in the chat, you can easily ping the operators. But, hey, wait? Who’s an operator? There’s so many people!

Well, see the people with a little “+” in front of their name? Yeah. Those are operators. They’re the ones you’ll want to ping. But wait… Which one of them is a RoF Operator? Hey, don’t worry. I’ve got a list of them right here:

RonaldoSkillz, Controller (IRC name is Ronaldo)
Dessern5, Controller (IRC names are Dess or Dess`)
63LittlePiggy63, VetOp (IRC name is Piggy)
Biblius, VetOp (IRC names are Biblius, Biblius|JFK, Biblius| or BibliusIsSleeping)
Clockworkmyr, VetOp (Doesn't go on IRC)
Forseti, VetOp (IRC name is Forseti, RoFseti or /Forseti/)
Butamou, Op (IRC names are Buta, Butamou)
cooliorules, Op (IRC names are coolio, coolio| or coolio|away)
DarkHender, Op (IRC names are DarkHender, Dark|Away, |DarkHender| and Dark|Asleep)
FrenchSanta12, Op (IRC name is French)
Hoogilan, Op (IRC names are Hoog, Hoog|away, Hoogi|an)
Kevin_28, Op (IRC names are Kevin_28, Kevin and Rocketeer)
WiiGoGetter
Op (IRC names are Wii, Wii_Away, or Wii_)

That should be pretty much all. Now, obviously, I recommend you first ping all operators, and if they don’t respond, ping a Controller or Director. The best thing to do is, as said above, look what operator is in the IRC and ping or contact them.

But there’s no one in IRC! What am I supposed to do now?
Remember when I said to be prepared? Try to always have a recording device by hand, so you can start recording if someone is griefing/flooding/misbehaving. Can’t handle them or forgot to start them? Then try taking screenshots and send them to a staff member. Try making the player admit what he did and take screenshots. There’s nothing else you can really do, sadly.

Last updated: December 17, 2013

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Great guide! (you beat me to making it ;D) The only things I have to add are that WinX usually goes by WinX on IRC, and that I never put the grave (`) at the end of my name anymore.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sadly, not everyone can record videos, so it's not always the best option to be chosen. Pictures would probably be the best option for those, such as myself.

It's not as easy to capture grief with pictures as it is with a camera, so that's slightly handicapped.

Thanks for the info. ;)
Spamming F2 and you could be lucky to get a picture that shows the griefer destroying or/and picking up the blocks.

D

DarkHender

DarkHender, |DarkHender| For myself could be added :)

Also for kylie, her new one is Kylie|Sploorking :p

W

Wimali

I don't really update this thread anymore as I pretty much quit rof (except for my occasional visits every day) but I'll edit is as soon as I can get to a computer (which should be somewhere in 13 hours).

W

Wimali

Just did a major update to the thread, adding all new pingable operators and changing a few bits here and there, rewriting the entire thing.

Now, LavaPremium, I'd love if you could respond to this and say what your IRC names are, because I don't know everyone's and I realize some names aren't being used anymore by you, so please tell me what your IRC names are, if I posted a wrong one, or if I posted all your IRC names correctly.

• Dislike
Reactions: buildbuild12

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
Kylieanna, Kyliee, Kylie|Away (DND) and Kylie|ZzZZ (DND). I remember saying this before for some reason.. oh wait, that was months ago, so this is a good update anyway :p.

My IRC usernames are usually either Kylieanna and Kyliee. I use Kylie|Away and Kylie|ZzZz when I'm away or sleeping. :3

EDIT: Also Kylie|Sploorking