BT Server Banners

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
So, I was wondering why Blocktopia didn't have any server banners in those voting sites like PlanetMinecraft -- then I figured that I should go ahead and make one by trying to learn After Effects again. The animation isn't as fancy as some of the other server banners that I've seen, but this is all I could come up with for now.

I used one of Qube's renderings of the Lobby in this -- and then I took a few screenshots, images, and fonts to make the individual server images. Feel free to suggest what can be changed or edited, such as changing the fonts or images.

And if any of you guys have any banners to show, then post them up!

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
So, I was wondering why Blocktopia didn't have any server banners in those voting sites like PlanetMinecraft -- then I figured that I should go ahead and make one by trying to learn After Effects again. The animation isn't as fancy as some of the other server banners that I've seen, but this is all I could come up with for now.

I used one of Qube's renderings of the Lobby in this -- and then I took a few screenshots, images, and fonts to make the individual server images. Feel free to suggest what can be changed or edited, such as changing the fonts or images.

And if any of you guys have any banners to show, then post them up!

the part on the left looks fantastic! I think the right where we showcase individual servers could use some work though.

• Informative
Reactions: Psycho

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I can imagine @GmK is like, "First you want a Server Icon, a Favicon, now you want a Banner?" while he drinks his beer slowly.

but really i do like this suggestion great work

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
I can imagine @GmK is like, "First you want a Server Icon, a Favicon, now you want a Banner?" while he drinks his beer slowly.

but really i do like this suggestion great work
The issue is - nobody looks at those voting pages. So yes, a banner is nice, but also something we have no proper use for besides being happy to have one :(

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
The issue is - nobody looks at those voting pages. So yes, a banner is nice, but also something we have no proper use for besides being happy to have one :(
i don't know how most people find servers but I know that the first minecraft server I ever played i found by going to voting websites and skipping to page 10

maybe this is slightly off topic but in all honesty where do you find most new players come from? i repeatedly see people saying people don't look at ads/voting/etc. but we know people are finding minecraft servers somewhere

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
When people are looking for a minecraft server, they usually use these pages, or google it. I have been asking the new people that I see on the servers how they found us, and most seem to just have googled for a server to play on. Had a few that found DoD by googling "Adventure server", and seen quite a lot that found RoF by googling lava server/survival. Concidering our Lava server is the only one that every made it to premium, it is very unique.

If anything, the pages that are out on the interwebs about blocktopia and our servers should be updated and cleaned up.