Best shooter you've ever played

Amorix

Reaction score
Just discuss the best shooter you've ever played. (In your opinion, or course.)
RULES:
- THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE SHOOTER SEGMENTS. THIS MEANS FULL SHOOTER GAMES!
- NO USING GAMES THAT HAVE FIRST PERSON AND SAYING "WELL, IT'S CLOSE!"
- FORUM RULES.

My favorite would have to be Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64.

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
Does TF2 count?
If not, then Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony. Wait, that depends on what you count as a shooter; it is technically a full shooter but some people don't think so.
If all else fails, Left 4 Dead 2 or Battlefront II, which have both already been said.

Fatalis

Reaction score
Star Wars Battlefront II
Turok (the first few on N64)
Time Splitters (I played a demo on the PS2 and Future Perfect on Gamecube at a friends. I especially loved the level editor)

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Example: 'Minecraft, due to the bow and arrow' is incorrect, as you have plenty of methods besides just the projectile weaponry.
The only other option is sword. Meanwhile there is also snowballs, eggs, and splash potions. More projectiles than melee. >_>
Anyways, a clearer definition:
Wikipedia said:
Shooter games (also known as 'shoot em up' games) are a sub-genre of action game, which often test the player's speed and reaction time. It includes many subgenres that have the commonality of focusing "on the actions of the avatar using some sort of weapon. Usually this weapon is a gun, or some other long-range weapon". A common resource found in many shooter games is ammunition. Most commonly, the purpose of a shooter game is to shoot opponents and proceed through missions without the player character dying.
I'd have to say my favorite would be Battlefield 3. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Duffie

Amorix

Reaction score
The only other option is sword. Meanwhile there is also snowballs, eggs, and splash potions. More projectiles than melee. >_>
Anyways, a clearer definition:

I'd have to say my favorite would be Battlefield 3.:D
Sword, axe, pickaxe, fist, dirt, fish, sapling, hoe, fireball, flint and steel, the list goes on.

Tuna

Reaction score
halo 3, hands down. Best multiplayer experience I've ever had, and by far the best shooting experience.