An apology, and moving forwards

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Many of you are aware that I disappeared off the face of the earth for a few months this year. Amidst final examinations, losing access to my Minecraft account and a long-winded struggle with my email provider to get it back, and an overall disillusionment in the state of where things were going, I simply took a back seat and assumed that everything would be fine without me.

I was wrong.

My hands-off attitude which stemmed out of sheer laziness ends here. I'd like to apologise to all my fellow staff whom I have greatly let down in my absence, and to the players who deserve better from their server admin. From today I will make a much greater effort to attend to the server and keep on top of things, alongside helping the community move forwards as a whole. This all begins with an official Army of Darkness map competition starting next week, with glorious Steam prizes up for grabs. In addition, I'll be running numerous smaller events if we can get interest, and perhaps adding features as well - please leave suggestions below as to what you'd like to see on the server. Create is truly a sandbox - nothing is really off limits.

Thank you. I won't let you down again.

froyd

Reaction score
Great to have you back Priz!
For the AoD map comp, can we use maps that we've already started? I'm about 30% of the way through a CTF map and I'd like to keep working on it instead of starting a new project.

As for suggestions: I'm sure this has been asked for before (and I think I've heard rumors that it's in the works,) but would be great to have a livemap again.
Also, do we still have a way to save and download schematics? One of my favorite things about BB was the ability to download your creations and work on them and share them outside of the server. I think we lost the downloads when we transferred from Blocktopia to EscRestart (either that, or I'm so unsavvy that I can't find the site anymore.) Either way it would be a nice addition to return to the server.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hi! Looking into it! But I'll most likely bug Nill regarding this... although, just a heads up -- I noticed that the Dynmap plugin that "currently" works with PlotMe hasn't been updated since April 2014 which makes it highly unlikely that it'll receive continuous updates from the dev and adding that 1.9 may be coming around, I feel that it's best to look into a different plugin at that.

Schematics - I honestly don't know how the previous Admins created a schematic list before, so hopefully Nillbugwtw can give you answers to that. BUT! If you really need your schematics, feel free to ask one of the Create staff to copy and save it for you, then Prizyms or I can retrieve it from the server files and send the schematic your way. It's a bit of a clunky system, but hey, it works!