Forum Issues Report Thread

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Forum profile shows negative and ratings - they were hidden before update.

Edit:
Directors have blue badge and admins have red badge. I think colors should be inverted.

Also color of members should be changed from orange to blue as it was before update.

Last edited:

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Told to post this here, colour of member names at smaller sizes (i.e. size of a comment on a wall post) hurt my eyes.

EDIT: Revisiting this, it may of just my eyes and mind being tired and trying to comprehend this new layout.

JtTorso

Reaction score
Edit* I posted this in the staff section but I'll post it here too since this section is now getting attention.

Couple of nitpicks, for example, in the new profile posts, the amount that shows up are far too many and the text is a lot smaller, it looks really awkward having just this wall of tinier text on the right.

The parts I circled I have small issues with. I'm not really sure what the orange RSS button does as I think it breaks when you click on it, I don't recall if we had this previously but it looks unnecessary.

The little, what I assume are meant to be pages or documents push the titles forward and it looks plain weird, it's on every thread on the portal and I don't get why.

And my fine problem is that the titles of threads are cut off. There's all that space to the right, unless a title is absurdly long then I don't see why the titles should get cut off when it's only another 4-8 characters.

Also there's the bit at the bottom, I think it's for recently replied threads, there's no way to close it/ minimize it like the rest of the forum sections.

I guess these are kinda nitpicks but they were the first thing I saw today and disliked so I figured I'd share my thoughts.

Reactions: Duffie

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I see this on my phone (LG G3) so it might be different for you guys. The words on the banners (Community Admin, etc) aren't aligned with each other. This happens even if you have just one banner (not pictured). It only seems to happen when in portrait mode because landscape mode looks fine.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I see this on my phone (LG G3) so it might be different for you guys. The words on the banners (Community Admin, etc) aren't aligned with each other. This happens even if you have just one banner (not pictured). It only seems to happen when in portrait mode because landscape mode looks fine.

That's probably formatting on the phone. Browsers muck stuff like that up.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score

The second line of navigation buttons could probably do without the words being outlined with white unless it was done so it could be readable when set on the background image.
Possibly make the text white or maybe use a smaller stroke for the outlines.

Edit: It just hurts my eyes to read it. It's hard to read.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Real issue, on walls theres two seperate 'like' buttons, one with a thumbs up and one without. They both seem to have the same purpose.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I noticed that you guys were messing with the navigation text color that I suggested. Sorry if it messed up the forums!

Here's another one, that's probably more on aesthetics than an issue:
Would it be possible to have some consistency on the shape of the profile images through the whole forum? I like the circles and pretty much prefer it, but the profile image shapes turns square in the threads section (pictured). Also, this happens in the front page, main section, where Malcovent's image is surrounded by the darker square (pictured). Same thing happens to the profile image where I'm writing this up (not pictured).
This probably shouldn't be at the top of your list, but it's just something that I noticed.

EDIT: This also happens in the New Posts section (not pictured).

EDIT2: It also happens when you click on a person's username and a window pops up. (not pictured).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JtTorso

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
can you pleeeeeease undelete the older theme option asap? noticed whenever we have a theme change, the default (flexile fixed) is hidden.
or, if it's still an option, where's the style chooser menu located? I haven't found it.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
In the previous forum version you could sometimes see what page a person is looking at with the exact thread name, but It seems like this time around it's just showing "Viewing articles index". I think it does it for any forum thread/section that I'm looking at. Unless this was done just to keep things private and stuff.

JtTorso

Reaction score
The button to minimize sections has broken and I can no longer access the staff section normally, when I try to open it nothing happens and the entire bar is white. I can access the staff section by clicking on the text Staff Forums.

Clicking the button, refreshing, opening and closing the browser doesn't fix it.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Because Wimali mentioned it would be, and there are probably some users who would like to have a familiar option available.
Some members may want to be able to choose a theme that isn't essentially in beta.
The other theme is broken. You won't be able to use it. It will not be enabled again.

• Informative
Reactions: JtTorso and Hunter