SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
SURVIVAL
Human mode

Hiding:
1. If you are to hide, Make sure the map is atleast 10 blocks deep Under the current layer, Meaning that you would come out of spawn and be on Ground level, And you dig down, The purpose of this is so that you can Hide Underground without Zombies being able to completely see your Nametag if they point over you!, Once you have made it to a Good location Underground (NEVER in the corners!!) You must make your hole 2x2x2 but make it so you have an escape route incase a Zombie does come in.

2. If you're on a map like Imperium or Chaos, Where you cannot dig down there is plenty of places where you can actually hide your own spot!, What you should do is copy the block that the Building is made out of then replace the entrances with that block type, Or hide on the Cieling (Under the roof) in a 2x2x2 as Zombies don't tend to look up 100% of the time giving you a good advantage in hiding.. For example, On Imperium you could hide on the Cieling (Not the roof) of the Museum, Therefor making you almost Hidden, But still reachable!

3. Most of the time It's about Location, So instead of being a Human hiding away you should try a couple rounds on maps first exploring the map and seeing were Zombies haven't found humans, And where they haven't broken buildings, Walls, floors etc. Doing this requires you to Die to a Zombie but this way you can find out decent hiding spots that will allow you to survive longer than usual and even win the round!

4. If you know a secret on the map that Isn't too familiar with everyone, Try to use but make sure nobody follows! Don't even use @@h as Humans that die will then know you are inside that Secret, So It's best to keep it a secret that your in one o:

Jump Courses:
1. Now, This is a good way to survive.. But.. It takes "Skill" I guess, You must balance yourself of the side of a block, Add another, Then another etc. A good jump course gives you a chance to survive very long and you may even win the game for surviving the whole round on a Jump course! A good jumpcourse should be high up, So that if a Zombie falls it takes a while for them to get back up! But if you make one on a map like Colonization or Starship please don't make too many 2x1s, If your jump course is over the gaps then you cannot have your jump course like "1x1 2x1 1x1 2x1 1x1 2x1", You could however have it like this "2x1 3x-1 1x1 1x1 1x1 2x1 1x1 3x-1 2x1" then just Finish it off with a few more 1x1's.
(3x-1 is 3 blocks across and 1 block down.)

2. A bad Jump course is one that goes in a straight line as Good players can easily do 2x1s while running a Jump course! So what you should do is have one that Spirrals at times, Which means that it'd be straight for around 4 blocks, then go in a Spirral upwards, Which would take longer for a Zombie to get up and they wouldn't get that "Running" Motion they'd get from a Straight course and could cause them to fail a Jump or 2.

3. If you happen to Jump course that is inside a Secret and has a 2x1, Here's a trick I taught myself.. When I'm doing 2x1s I know when to Jump because if you count to 1 as soon as you have finished saying that number you'll be on the very edge or even falling off, So I jump off just before I have finished saying the number "1", Sometimes I fail the jumps as I do it too early but it works for me most of the time so I'm sure It'll work for some of you :)

Running:
1. If you happen to find yourself running from a Horde of Zombies.. Or just 1 of them then It can get quite scary knowing it could get you at any time! What you should do is if there is enough space in front of you, Do a quick turn to see how far away they are from you, If they are atleast.. 7+ blocks away then you are at a safe enough distance to travel up a Water vator (NOT a Lava vator), You are also far enough to completely out-run them!
To outrun them, Try going up the insides of buildings, Break a hole and jump out but curve downwards and go through the bottom of that building and start climbing back up as most of the time zombies will jump down too late and not see where you've gone and then just go searching for Humans again!

2. When a tough runner map like Nobuild128 is next and you know that you wont survive the map, Well get rid of that "Knowing" as many players have survived that map by Dodging at the right times! If all the zombies are chasing another human then just hide in the corner of a map until a Zombie sees you. Now, When you start being chased by alot of Zombies they'll to force you against the wall to Flank you, Or run to the side of you but will start getting closer and closer! What you should do is suddenly do a dramatic turn and run in the Opposite direction to cancel their attempt at flanking you, If you are completely against the wall then you may die but if you are in open areas then It'll give you the chance to survive a Minute longer then you would have done.

DEATH
Zombie Mode

Searching:
1. Searching for humans is annoying, But some humans hide in the most obvious spots and Zombies forget that, And usually look for humans in the most hidden places!, Try to look for humans hiding in corners in maps (Underground too!)

2. Humans tend to hide inside walls, Trees and behind/Inside anything that looks like It'd hide them, Try looking in them when the Infection starts or you die to make sure there is none hiding inside them, If you know a secret but see a Zombies chasing a human, Don't join the chase.. Help out fellow Zombies by finding other humans, Chasing a human will allow other Humans to survive longer and possibly win the round.

3. This is Important, Humans do what I listed above and that is "Cover entrances/doorways with the Building block type", So if you're on a map where there is walls with door ways on, Try just deleting a line of it to ensure there is no hidden doors.. For example, On Complex people hide doors with bricks to pretend they are walls!

Chasing:
1. Doesn't it get irrating when your chasing a human and another Zombie joins in and makes you fail your catch or even takes your kill? It isn't? Well ok. But what you should do is use that Zombie to your advantage, Stop chasing the human and, If It's running through buildings along grass, A road etc then guess where It's going next and try to get in front of them! For example, If a Human is running along the ground of ZombieCity I'd usually run through a building and round a building to get a shortcut to where they are actually going so that I can flank them easily.
It's basically like.. Use the Zombie that's chasing the Human to lure them Into you, It depends on your positioning.

2. If you're chasing a human on a Runner map like RunRunRun or Dontstop, What you should do is stop chasing them, And go to the roof, then you have a birds eye view of the map and it gives you the chance to dive bomb ontop of Humans or even Drop down in front of them, It's a good way to kill humans so I suggest this!.. But if they are camping on Jump courses like RunRunRun try to guess where they are going and go the Opposite direction so that when coming up stairs to hide in their place again, they don't see you above and run into you.

Jump Courses:
1. When a human is on a Jump course.. Don't break their jump course so they have to get down as an Op+ wont be too pleased. Just attempt their jump course, If the block they are standing on is in reach them Jump off and spleef them down.

2. If you keep failing jump courses because of 2x1s, Remember that if you are a Zombie keep your blocks! They'll come in handy incase there is a Jump course with many 2x1s.

3. Some humans work together to make MASSIVE Jump courses so It's best that you get a few Zombies and work together to get them down.. Most of the time if you even make it to them 3 blocks away they will jump as they think you will make it too them, Some are stubborn and die, Some are correct and live.

Thank-you for reading, I hope you enjoy the Guide!
~AngelWV~

Summer10

Reaction score
2. If you're chasing a human a human on a Runner map like RunRunRun or Dontstop, What you should do is stop chasing them, And go to the roof, then you have a birds eye view of the map and it gives you the chance to dive bomb ontop of Humans or even Drop down in front of them, It's a good way to kill humans so I suggest this!.. But if they are camping on Jump courses like RunRunRun try to guess where they are going and go the Opposite direction so that when coming up stairs to hide in their place again, they don't see you above and run into you.
1. When a human is on a Jump course.. Don't break their jump course so they have to get down as an Op+ wont be too pleased. Just attempt their jump course, If the block they are standing on is in reach themn Jump off and spleef them down.
Round Infection starts or you die to make sure there is none hiding inside them, If you know a secret but see a Zombies chasing a human, Don't join the chase.. Help out fellow Zombies by finding other humans, Chasing a human will allow other Humans to survive longer and possibly win the round.
just a few things I saw :3.

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
Here's a tip for jump courses: Repetition.

Meaning if you do a lot of the same jump in a row and toss one longer jump in the middle of it it'll throw a lot of people off. (even if they're expecting it)

A bad Jump course is one that goes in a straight line as Good players can easily do 2x1s while running a Jump course!
Actually a bad jump course is one that has no tricks or uses no imagination. Throw in a trap or two, like a block overhead that they don't notice until it's too late. Or you could make one of your stairs out of 3 half blocks. (2 stuck together and one resting on top)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Here's a tip for jump courses: Repetition.

Meaning if you do a lot of the same jump in a row and toss one longer jump in the middle of it it'll throw a lot of people off. (even if they're expecting it)

Actually a bad jump course is one that has no tricks or uses no imagination. Throw in a trap or two, like a block overhead that they don't notice until it's too late. Or you could make one of your stairs out of 3 half blocks. (2 stuck together and one resting on top)
I made this Guide on how I see things so that's why It says that, If I made it more In-depth (What I was going to do) I'd have put Pictures on Jump courses and small video with a timer of me doing 2x1s, I could still add that but I don't have the time at the moment.

"Actually a bad jump course is one that has no tricks or uses no imagination. Throw in a trap or two, like a block overhead that they don't notice until it's too late. Or you could make one of your stairs out of 3 half blocks. (2 stuck together and one resting on top)"

I do Jump courses like that, I've never tried the stairs one so I could try that out
Thanks for the Feedback :p