Accepted [Zombie] Elektrik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamsanity

Reaction score
Okay so I was screwing around one day and decided to make a seriously obnoxiously colorful map, and being the depressing ***hole that I am, I decided to also add the contrast concept to give it that thoughtful vibe.
I just wanted to make something super fun that would engage your mind food.

Map name: Elektrik
Map author(s): tamrawr
Size of map: 64x64 (Novice Plot Size)
Map Center: -743, 138, 532
Kits:

Hunter:

R1OT3R: Full Red Leather Armor, Stone Sword- named 'Fear'(Knockback I), Bow(Infinity, flame aspect I, Power I)

R3B3L: Full Red Leather Armor, Wooden Sword- named 'Anger'(Knockback II, Power I), Bow(Infinity I, Power I)

Dark Hunter:

C4TH4RS1S: Full red leather armor, Iron Sword- named 'Reality', Bow(Power I, Fire Aspect I)

Survivor:

PR0M1S3:Red leather helmet, Orange leather chestplate, Yellow leather leggings, Green leather boots, Stone Sword (Flame Aspect I)- named 'Hope', 10 apples, bow(infinity I), 1 arrow, 3:00 fire resistance potion

1NN0CEN5E: Red leather helmet, Orange leather chestplate, Yellow leather leggings, Green leather boots, Wooden sword(Knockback II), 10 TNT, 5 Redstone torches, 10 apples, bow(infinity I), 1 arrow, 3:00 fire resistance potion

Juggernaut:

LUC1D1TY: Full Diamond Armor, Diamond Sword(Knockback II), 10 Steak, 10 Apples, 5 TNT, one Redstone Torch

Screenshots:
Here's the link to the IMGUR album

Additional Information: +TNT Damage, -Fall Damage (ALSO. The poisoning effect from eating a pufferfish is totally rad, and I don't know if it's possible to give that effect to each player right as they spawn, so as they fall through the spiral, their surroundings warp. Is this a thing that can be done??)
I would also like for the entire spiral to be a nobuild nobreak zone to prevent players from destroying or placing blocks to disrupt gameplay within the spiral.
(also is it cool if there are no chests. I just want people to fight eachother and get mad and go a little insane)

No Break: None!!!

No Place: None!! GO INSANE

Warp at: /warp elektrik
Prep time: 1 Minute
PvP time: 7 Minutes

inb4 'that wool looks disgusting'
I had to modify the spiral, it was originally all stained glass but that was a lil laggy, so deal w it friends.

HOPE YOU DIG IT.

Last edited:

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Really well built map. It actually looks good too, and has a nice variation of blocks. Because there are no chests, I would suggest taking build time down to 1-1.5 mins. I would change Dark Hunter kit to Leather chestplate too, It's really important that a map with no chests has balanced kits.
The poisoning effect from eating a pufferfish is totally rad, and I don't know if it's possible to give that effect to each player right as they spawn, so as they fall through the spiral, their surroundings warp. Is this a thing that can be done??
Yes, there could be a command block next to spawn that would give people Nausea for 2-3 seconds when they're within 1-2 blocks of spawn. (I dont have the command on me, but if someone knows it, posting would be lovely.) Making the spiral nobreak shouldn't be hard, but that I cant help you with.
Great map overall, you get my unofficial [BCOLOR=#00ff00]+1[/BCOLOR] sticker. <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Tamsanity

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Right, I have discussed with you aspects of the map, and it all seems ok. PvP with slime blocks will certainly be interesting gameplay wise, and there seem to be a decent amount of places to hide and go. It is a fairly small map though, so maybe it would be worth decreasing the game time a bit.
The main issue now is, there isn't really any way for us to prevent players placing blocks inside the middle area, and with slime blocks being instantly breakable it could cause some issues. Also, if a player somehow managed to glitch to the top of the map, then there wouldn't be any way for hunters to reach them. However, I doubt this will happen.

Kits wise, the fire may be a bit overpowered, but most kits have this so its not too much of an issue. Also, I think the kit "1NN0CEN5E", should have equal numbers of tnt and redstone torches, but maybe only 5 of each.
My main concern is that maybe a fire aspect 2 diamond sword vs leather armour may become a little frustrating.

Anyway, I would be willing to give this map a shot and see how it goes.
+1!

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Kits wise, the fire may be a bit overpowered, but most kits have this so its not too much of an issue.
To be honest, the survivor kits should get one Fire Resistance potion each and bows as well. Even if both sides have fire-related enchantments, the hunters have bows, and the survivors do not. After looking through the map on create, there are only a few places to hide behind to avoid arrows being shot at you, making bows very unbalanced within this map. These bows are also strong themselves and Hunters can choose to spam flame arrows from having Infinity and Flame together. Power II should be nerfed to Power I because Power II does a ton to just plain leather armor. So, I think Survivors should get a 3:00 Fire Resistance potion and an Infinity bow with an arrow and Power II bows should be nerfed in Hunter kits. The reason it is 3 minutes is so that Survivors do not have an immunity to fire the whole game, making the flame/fire aspect enchantments useless for Hunters.

Tamsanity

Reaction score
as you guys can tell I have hardly any experience creating kits.
(edit: also thanks for the input guys, the edited stuff is in red in the first post, based on your comments. you guys are rad)

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Accepted! On the server right now, lets see how it goes! Please let me know of any issues with the map / config!

Status
Not open for further replies.