Your thoughts on Portal/Portal 2 and the likelihood of Portal 3

Zeus42000

Reaction score
Another thread, this one is to see your thoughts on the Portal games and the likelihood of Portal 3.

Good Luck Blocktopians, Zombies, and or Staff! (Reference intended)

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I traded with people and got my brother Portal 1? on Steam for him and he loves it dearly. Never played it myself but I figure if any of Valve's big games were to get a 3rd game in the series I'd say it would be Portal > Half Life > TeamFortress > Garry'sMod in likelyhood.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Portal 3 - I hope, and almost assume, probably without Chell(?) though. ;c
Half-Life 3 - 2014, Feb. 30th
Team Fortress 3 - Not for a loooooooonnnnggggg time
Left 4 Dead 3 - Probably
Counter Strike - 100%. I mean it takes what, 10 minutes to make CS anyways.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd love for there to be a Portal 3. Probably in a different perspective, maybe? Though that idea seems VERY HIGHLY unlikely. I enjoy the dynamic of Chell and GlaDos too much.
If Valve were to come up with some plausible way to get those two back together then sure, I'd go a long with it.

But, like Rox said:

I don't think they CAN make a Portal 3.
Everything was wrapped up in Portal 2. There's nothing left for Portal 3.
I think Valve did a really good job at wrapping things up in a nice and sweet package. The end to Portal 2 was amazing!

If anything, I'd like to talk about the possibility of there being a Portal or Half-Life movie. Of all the Portal short films I've seen, this would have to be my favourite

Reactions: Duffie

MDooley15

Reaction score
Website
www.helpfeedthetroll.com
I thought Portal 1 was such a brilliant concept for a game. It wasn't very often you'd get such a challenging but at the same time exciting game. I even re-bought it just for re-play value even though I knew how to do the challenges.

Portal 2 however, I couldn't quite get immersed into it. The opening graphics were breathtaking as the room slowly crumbles apart around you but after that I found it's definitely only worth playing in Co-Op.

Reactions: Spencer75

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
There doesn't need to be another Portal.

What Valve should be doing is spending it's vast resources on the next Half-Life title.

• Agree
Reactions: digi

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see the Half-Life universe and the Portal universe collide (though, they're the same universe anyway, aren't they?) into a mash-up Portal-Life 3. Between the Borealis that appears in both Half-Life 2 and Portal 2(and is heavily involved in the lore of both games) and the discussed competition between Black Mesa and Aperture Labs, I wouldn't be surprised if they released a joint game.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of references to Black Mesa in Portal 1, and more than just the ending.

Surely, they're in the same universe, or possibly even the same world. It's entirely possible, since Aperture Science is mostly located underground.
From what I understand, both are researching portal technology, Aperture just reached the Borealis and the technology that was onboard before Black Mesa/Freeman did.

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie