Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
If you're missing some logs you can always ask an Admin for them. :) Just as long as it won't be used to continue fuelling the fire. But rather in an attempt to peacefully put it out.
These logs will self destruct in T- whenever an admin sees this thread and deletes this post!

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
that wasn't directed at you =(

we posted at the same time. I apologies for the confusion.
Oops, my bad.

Both logs look biased. But of course, they will look biased. Fuck, I'm biased because I'd like to think I'm quite friendly with Vat, I don't think the man goes around acting holier than thou though.

I think it's been said by others but when it comes down to it, you're both staff and that comes with working together to compromise on shit like this, I get that both parties feel strongly but pls.

Reactions: Malcovent

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The posts deleted that sparked all of this were literally removed to prevent drama from happening in the solitude thread. You people are literally the cause of the drama. I don't (or didn't) have anything person against Aqua so stop saying that we are antagonizing like you stand above all of this; I did my job to prevent drama from happening by moderating a thread (first time) and I get attacked by Aqua (and later by other people here too), also with the out of context quotes. I have never reacted negatively towards Aqua without being challenged first. The reason why I acted aggresive in staff channel is because I was constantly pinged and trolled by Aqua.
I'm okay with working with other staff on that doc file to set clear rules for everyone but I am unwilling to compromise with Aqua, ender or Hunter as they have proven time after time that they cannot be reasoned with and are not qualified for staff.
he claims I was attacking him and I'm having a tantrum but clearly it was the opposite
Honestly, both of you grudge and antagonize the other.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Oops, my bad.

Both logs look biased. But of course, they will look biased. Fuck, I'm biased because I'd like to think I'm quite friendly with Vat, I don't think the man goes around acting holier than thou though.

I think it's been said by others but when it comes down to it, you're both staff and that comes with working together to compromise on shit like this, I get that both parties feel strongly but pls.
I know I have no strict evidence but those are the logs, and I haven't altered them. I had to edit it down to fit it onto pastebin as copying and pasting discord is really weird lmao.

• Dislike
Reactions: Friendy

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I do have a quick question, when did I ever say that Ender should be demoted? Please don't put words into my mouth that I never said. And if it is a paraphrase, please make sure that it isn't adding stuff that wasn't said. I had absolutely nothing to do with your demotion, so don't drag me into this.
Its sad when a server genuinely asks for help/suggestions and a Moderator... not a player... but a Moderator. Says something assholish that would be expected from a non-moderator material player.
A post I made was assholish.
A moderator should not be posting that shit.
It would only be expected from a non-moderator material player.

ergo, I'm a non-moderator material player.
ergo, I should be demoted.

You had nothing to do with the actual demotion, that was Psycho's decision, and I'm not contesting that. My demotion is irrelevant to me, as I was doing nothing useful with the rank anyway, it's the other things that have irked me and are my focus in this whole thing.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Friendy you disliked my post where I say the logs aren't edited, does that mean you think they are, or are you jsut disliking each one of my posts?
am I the only person who thinks a guy called friendy is disliking posts at agreater rate than anybody else in escr is weird?

Reactions: Jivvi

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Friendy you disliked my post where I say the logs aren't edited, does that mean you think they are, or are you jsut disliking each one of my posts?
am I the only person who thinks a guy called friendy is disliking posts at agreater rate than anybody else in escr is weird?
The rating is there for me to dislike a post if I dislike it, don't try and start petty drama with me.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
The rating is there for me to dislike a post if I dislike it, don't try and start petty drama with me.
If you start petty drama with me I'll start petty drama with you, ya mam!

EDIT:
>doesn't want to start more unnecessary drama so posts meme instead
>gets dislike bombed

WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT!?

Last edited:

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Aqua shut up please
Vatumok you're equally as bad, it takes two for petty argument

Friendy someone literally asked me if you were a name change of parquette

snowma you don't have to quote every toxic post and respond please

@mods please can we have a policy of ban users who insist on making petty argument from threads, from the threads themselves, staff not exempted

@skype group please for the love of memes be less toxic, especially with shit like this

Psycho since you're seemingly the more active admin, requesting to please lock the thread if there's nothing more to say

Toco Toucan

Reaction score
Reading through the thread and handing out any necessary warnings. I suggest that you guys either mature the fuck up or just log out of the forums and not come back again if you're going to be persistent and be a nuisance in this Community.
If anything, we're providing everyone involved with comedic relief. We're making the best of a bad situation through dank memes/jokes.

At least some people are having a good time in this community.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
If anything, we're providing everyone involved with comedic relief. We're making the best of a bad situation through dank memes/jokes.

At least some people are having a good time in this community.
He makes a good point. The point of people joining a community is for a place for people to relax and have fun with others. If no one is allowed to have fun and make jokes then what's the point of even staying here? Hell if I were a lurker looking to join a community and I saw threads like these on here then I wouldn't want to join in that community because it doesn't look like anyone is having a nice time here. It's true that the recent posts weren't adding anything to the conversation, but the whole thread was derailed into a huge shitfest of arguments so I thought those posts tried to help lighten the mood. That's just my opinion on it but sometimes you kinda just have to lighten up a bit.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Giving my unsolicited opinion about this again.

I can say with honesty that I'm glad TTT and every single one of its members are a part of the community. Unrelated, but I can honestly say I have no problems with hardly any of the LoL players either. I don't get shitposted on, I don't get harassed, etc, and I think this applies to nearly everyone in the community.

Psy, if you want to get rid of every single shitposter or 'nuisance' in this community, you're going to have a bad time.

I personally don't find huge comic value in the majority of shitposts, but I can absolutely understand the appeal to other audiences. Yes, some if not most of the 'shitposts' and memes are funny. Yes they provide comedic relief. Yes, you're welcome and encouraged to make funnies with your friends and have a fun time. If there were a rule banning shitposts or useless memes of any kind on these forums, I'd be strongly against it.

However, I do think that there are times where posting things like that are inappropriate. Like I said earlier in this thread, Mulbery's suggestion thread isnt a good place to go and make humorous jokes at Solitude's expense. If you want to make a separate thread and make valid points and foster healthy, valid, rational discussion about why Solitude should be replaced with x gmod server, yes PLEASE. But in the middle of a thread where someone is trying to get genuine feedback on the server isn't the place. Sorry @solitudestaffpeople, I'm not defending Solitude at all here, I think it's resources could be used more appropriately, thats irrelevant. I'm defending the fact that it's a thread with a single purpose and I honestly feel that something was posted there that should not have been. I would have deleted it too.

There's a thread over at the TTT subforum right now called "TTT Memes" that has all manner of horrible things in it. No one is bothered by it, no one is deleting posts or making threads like "Let's ____" about it, because that's the appropriate place for it. If I have a thread about something something serious rof blah blah, and you come in making some silly thing about steel beams and jet fuel, it's the wrong place. If someone makes a joke in rof and posts it in the screenshot thread and you wanna make some stupid meme about it, sure, why not, it's probably funny and it's the appropriate place.

Furthermore, about the community heading in a more "adult" direction, being able to shitpost when inappropriate and make obscene comments whereever the hell you want does not make the community more "adult."

Here's what you should do if some staff member is deleting your posts and you disagree with it:

- Message that staff member with "Hey, you removed my post. I feel it was appropriate there. Why did you remove it?" If you cannot be an adult and respond to your post deletion in mature manner, you're only going to exacerbate the problem.

- Staff member should give an explanation in a respectful manner, especially if you were just as kind in approaching them. If they are disrespectful or you continue to disagree, go to their superior staff member/Admin.

- If you don't want to go to a specific Admin for idontreallycare reason, go to all the other ones at the same time instead. If you don't want to go to Admin A go to Admins/Directors B through Z explaining what the problem is and why you don't want to include Admin A. They'll talk with Admin A and eachother and if Admin A is wrong, they'll tell Admin A. This is "who watches the admins." it's every other admin/director. It's checks and balances. I promise, I have no fucking problem telling Psycho or whothefuckever that they're acting like a dipshit and need to fucking stop despite them being my superior whoever.

-If you're in the wrong, you'll get an explanation why. If you were wronged, your post should be restored and the staff member that originally deleted your post needs to be coached to do better next time.

IF THIS ISN'T WHATS GOING ON, THEN SOME PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER.

This is how I was taught things worked years ago when I became a Classic Lava op. It was a fucking question on the staff application. "what do you do if you see another staff member misbehaving?" There is no one in this community in a permanent position. If every single person, including directors asked an Admin to resign and gave very specific reasoning, they don't really have a choice.

Stamp off wall of fucking text off of your dumb bingo whatever cards. :D
tl;dr
Memes are great. Keep them coming. But post them in the right fucking place at the right fucking time or you're going to piss some people off.
If you have any kind of problem with any staff member, report it appropriately. If you have a problem with an admin, report it, appropriately.
If you want this to be a place for adults, act like a fucking adult. Have a decent, open minded argument with who you have problems with.

Status
Not open for further replies.