Wonders of Discordia

EggNog

c:
Reaction score

It came to my attention recently the lack of credit giving to some of the creations in this lovely server of ours. Now of course most of you have heard of Orken, The Spire, and maybe even Ayr but, I really wanted to emphasize some of the less well known but certainly just as impressive builds on Discordia, so I present to you the Wonders of Discordia!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st: Orken - Listing09 T101

Orken is a beautifully built town. Its impressive size and quite interesting looking houses makes it a easy fit into the top spot of this list. Listings tends to always bring out amazing builds for each SMP but I think he has truly outdone himself in Discordia!

2nd: The Spire - froyd

Such an impressive creation truly deserves the top spot unfortunately I can't argue with how beautiful and large Orken is thats why I had to settle with placing the Spire here in second. This creation is probably my favorite in Discordia my hat goes off to you froyd for such a amazing work of architecture.

3rd: Ayr - Trap_Wolf and Ayr

Though it may be lacking in population it is not lacking in a high spot on this list. Ayr is truly a impressive feat considering how small the clan is the size of this city is extraordinary. I know Trap_Wolf had a major role in the making of this town though unsure if he had any other helpers I added his clan in the creators list.

4th: Hyperion - Jubjubers and NogTrog

Perhaps I'm blowing my horn a bit with this one then again perhaps not Jub gets most the credit for this one he built about 50% of this compact simple but beautiful in that plain way town but, his 50% is certainly my favorite part of the town. Good work Jub!

5th: The Great Road - WiiGoGetter

This may be no aesthetic feat but, you can't argue with the pure size of this road spreading almost 6000 blocks it is truly the nether network of its day. I have yet to walk the full distance of this road though I plan to soon I suggest some of you do the same because who knows what else you might find while exploring on this massive road! Quite well done, great work Wii!

6th: The Cathedral - _aperson155_

I'm very sad that this build was never finished it is truly a elegant build though I put it so low due to its incompleteness I have to say its probably the one of the best looking structures in Discordia wish I could say more about it but thats all I got.

7th: Mona - Mona

I miss CTY this town brings me back to CTY. I originally consider this town for contention due to the dome but what finally made me decide to chose this city rather then other very deserving candidates such as Liavek was how surprised I was by the beauty of the city inside the dome. Like I said it brings me back to CTY a town I always adored for how extraordinary it was. To you whole clan, good work!

Honorable mentions:

Liavek - Liavek

Stumppost - Stumppost

DGH - Danni122112 and DGH

Post thread builds:

The Sphinx - KingSam and Alkatraz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I appreciate ya'll taking the time to read this list. I put a lot of thought into it and though it might not be 100% perfect I feel I did a decent job on it! If you didn't make the list do not feel bad it is mostly based on my opinion and of course my opinion is flawed in some places!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Bigger the better ;)
Since you weren't content with the size of the tiny sphinx or the bigger sphinx, Alkatraz and I built a HUGE sphinx!

If this is STILL not big enough, let us know and we'll demand that if you want a bigger one, you provide us with space to do so and the resources to build it!