Wizard Explantion (Yes its a suggestion)

tommy

Reaction score
Hey there, I am going to cut right to the point and say for new player getting kicked for being a "Wizard"might be confusing. They might think they server has abusive staff and they may never come back so I give you my idea.

There are two possible things I thought of to help this.

1. Have an announcement about Being Wizard kicked (Not sure how offend you may want it)

What I mean by this is every once in a while playing in chat it should say something along the lines of

"If you get kicked for not being a Wizard don't worry its only if your lagging or etc.

Here’s an example to help explain

Random_player: lol

Random_player2: haha I saw that

Remeber If you get kicked for not being a Wizard don't worry it just means you were lagging while falling or you pressed "r" to respawn.

Random_player3: That’s useful information thank you random server overlord

-Kicked Random_player4: You are not a Wizard

+Random_player4: Joined the fray

Random_player4: Good thing they played that announcement I thought I was banned

Second Idea:

Have an easy command for ops to use to show people what it means

An example:

-Kicked Username: You are not a Wizard

+Username: Joined the fray

Username: what was that i got kicked???

[Op] tommyd11:$Wizard

If you ever get kicked for not being a Wizard don’t worry, it just means you were lagging or pressed "r' for respawn

Username: Ohh thanks for the info magical server lord.

In game players will not be able to see $wizard unless you want them to.

(Don't judge the fake ops name){Hopefully it’s not illegal to pretend to be an op}

If possible or wanted you could have both the idea implemented.

Thank you for reading this over,

For any add on ideas, concerns, problems etc. please reply to this thread

Sincerely,

Tommy

Reaction score
Website
souncloud.com
Tommy, most of our players explain what a wizard is. It's not really needed as it takes up announcement space, which could be used for more important messages. Also, I believe some players won't have their respawn set as R which could cause even more problems. That's my opinion though.
-Arty/David

• Creative
Reactions: karl_ravech

tommy

Reaction score
Tommy, most of our players explain what a wizard is. It's not really needed as it takes up announcement space, which could be used for more important messages. Also, I believe some players won't have their respawn set as R which could cause even more problems. That's my opinion though.
-Arty/David
About the rebinding "r" to not be respawn yes I thought of that in fact my respawn isn't "r" but those were more examples.

Also if you think it takes up space it still might be useful to have the command for it just in case.

• Creative

tommy

Reaction score
I tend to disagree on topics, when I believe the people can easily provide the answer.
I'll give you two reasons why it can be useful

1. Ops are more loyal then normal players they will almost always explain the answer its possible that regular players will not.

2. using a command is much faster then typing out the entire sentence and its more accessible for Ops+

• Creative
Reaction score
Website
souncloud.com
You'd be suprised to see normal players even more loyal. It's petty to say that any of one of them are more loyal. It's a matter of degrees. Some players as you have likely seen, can explain issues extremely quickly. Besides, why would the command be accessible for Ops+ and not regular players? It defeats the purpose of the command. Wouldn't you agree?

Sploorky

Reaction score
Random_player4: Good thing they played that announcement I thought I was banned
Usually, even if a player is banned, they will try to reconnect ;).

Otherwise, I agree with Chronos. I've never been a big fan of variables. Answering questions is a good trait for a player, as it's an early indication that they strive to be helpful. Just typing $wizard isn't that assuring that they want to help. As for having a command for ops...eh, maybe. I've been one to use variables if I'm very busy moderating lava, but if I'm able to, I prefer to manually explain it.

tommy

Reaction score
Sure this is why I opens these for suggestions but if we had it for all players we would probly end up getting spammed by it at some point unless we make it so it can only be said once in a given amount of time

• Creative

tommy

Reaction score
Usually, even if a player is banned, they will try to reconnect ;).

Can't tell if you are being serious but all I know is that if I got that messege and didn't understand it I would of made up some thoughs about being banned

Maybe it's just how I think.

• Creative

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
No plz.
Anyways, hasn't this already been discussed?
And along the lines of adding it, I believe their is already an automated message that pops up in chat regarding this issue. Many players do not, or at least to the naked eye, does not appear to pay attention or care about that chat, seeing what occurs when operating or explaining something to a player. It may not actually be in the game, but even so, Its not necessarily a great addition, as---

An operator, trusted, player: basically anyone and everyone can, and most of the time will answer the question for the player if they so ask. Your example was a "$" command, which honestly feels just like an automated response, and again, can just as easily be told in chat from a player or presiding operator. (And besides, the $ commands are normally only for operators, unless that idea was changed and I was not aware of it)

I'm pretty sure it's been discussed about changing "Wizard" back to some of the old messages, which were, as you stated, some of the time "your pressed r and respawned!..." or something along those lines. I'm not certain what the outcome was, but all I know is that i'm a bit opposed of the idea.