[Withdrawn] chrisrocks300's Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collosal

Reaction score
Account Name: chrisrocks300

Timezone: CST

References (Op+):

Approx. time spent on BBB: Well, I've been with the server 6 months and I have been known to go long nights with building before. One night I went until 5:30am. I normally spend about 2-4 hours a day on the server and about 7-10 hours a week.

Previous staff experience: I used to own my own server. However, A person ddos'd it and no-one got on much after that. However, with the knowledge from running a server I know many of the commands so i wouldn't have to learn much. I was also an Admin on my friends server which turned out pretty well, but he shut down his server as he didn't have time to host it.

Other notable contributions/feats/skills? I'm a good builder and pretty good with redstone. As I said earlier, I know several of the commands because of my previous experience running a server. If someone needs help I'm also pretty good at explaining and teaching.

What do you think the role entails? Helping people out on the server, keeping up with the forums, following all the rules and using the best of my judgement to make decisions. It also entails helping players to learn WE. Also helping people with builds if they need it as well as maintaining peace on the server. However, it also means helping players learn how to build to the best of their ability and stopping trollers, hackers, and spammers with the occasional use of command like kick or if they don't stop and it gets bad enough it could even result in a ban. But question them for why they did it first so you can know what motivated their reason for doing this. It also entails supporting the players when they don't support themselves though, teaching them not to give up.

Why do you want this position? I want to help people and give back where BB has done so much for me and improved my building so very much; I wouldn't be half the builder that I am today without the help of the staff. I also love to see people learning and to help out however I can. Without the help of others(as I said before)I wouldn't know half of what I know now, so, how can I be expected to give no less than what was given to me? However, I have also noticed the most of the ops+ are in the eastern hemisphere. Since I am in the western hemisphere, it could help players in the western hemisphere reach an op. I think players just come on and get off because of this. There aren't enough people from the western hemisphere that are ops+ when half of the people on the server live in the western hemisphere.

Additional/final notes: I also know prism.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Marlem and Notme

Collosal

Reaction score
I've started helping out a lot since i made this application and i dont plan to stop even if it is declined.

tnm

Reaction score
I haven't seen you helping at all on BuildBox and I've only seen you on the server 3 times(this could be because of time zones, so this isn't as important). As for the application, it's very weak. It doesn't look like you've put much effort into it really, perhaps you should read some previous applications to see how much detail we expect. Because of this, I'm going with a -1 for the moment, sorry.

Collosal

Reaction score
I haven't seen you helping at all on BuildBox and I've only seen you on the server 3 times(this could be because of time zones, so this isn't as important). As for the application, it's very weak. It doesn't look like you've put much effort into it really, perhaps you should read some previous applications to see how much detail we expect. Because of this, I'm going with a -1 for the moment, sorry.
Ok I updated it, it is much more detailed now.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The application has been made longer but seems to have a lot of 'fluff' based around specific situations. I really just haven't seen you enough to make a firm decision. Still sticking with a 0.

EDIT: ?

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
At this moment with no references, this one is sorry but, this one is pretty sure you cannot apply without any references on your app. Remember what this one said. 0

Reactions: Collosal

Collosal

Reaction score
Ok Jub, if you don't think I'm ready ok, you've been an op a while and I'll take your judgement I'll wait a while before i try to apply again and try to improve on myself.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I wont be voting on this application as I have had no access to the internet (other than my consoles/phone) for a ludicrous amount of time. Due to this I have not been able to judge you based on what I could have seen if I had access.

SalientGorilla
Clockwork

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't really give you a +1 for how you've been taking backseat moderating to a whole new level. I keep telling you to do your own thing and you just teleport to me when I have a situation under control, and you've also messaged me essentially telling me how to do my job a few times. You're active though and want to help, but it seems more like you just want the rank for the sake of it. Your app is mostly filler text as well, so, I have to go -1.
i cant read

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.