[WIP] Cookie rewards should scale with time spent playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennjammin

Reaction score
Right now we only get cookies if we join within the first 5 minutes of a 30 minute round. It makes more sense for the chance of getting more cookies to increase with the time spent playing. I can currently join 5 minutes before the lava starts, build a house, survive the round, and get nothing, even though I essentially "won" the object of the game. A game that doesn't reward people for winning it's object is flawed, and since the first 5 minutes of a 30 minute round doesn't really affect whether people will win or lose, rewarding people based on that criteria is irrational, especially when you can easily complete the objects of the game in a shorter time. The problem of people joining late then getting cookies for nothing can be solved by just scaling the chance of cookies with the time spent playing overall, rather than relying only on the first 5 minutes. This solution would give maximum reward to those who play longer, and minimum reward to those who play for shorter times, which would create a proper reward system for a game in which surviving for the longest is the object.

Reaction score
I like this idea,It give the player a sense of motivation to actually play the round if they don't join in the 5 minute time frame,other then to wait in spawn for a new round to begin.

Jayp94

Reaction score
Well, @Jayp94, Which one will be?
10 minutes left and no cokies or cookies for gameplay time?
It will be added on the next update.
I was never leaving out the more cookies for how long you play.. I'm just stating that you shouldn't be rewarded by joining a game with 5 minutes left and still receiving cookies.

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
I agree that the cookie rewarding system does need a bit of a revamp - it just doesn't feel... fair.. right.. I don't know what the word is. Something like that. But WinX's statement does seem along the lines of what I had in mind, so I'm agreeing there. But doesn't 1-10 cookies for the whole round seem a bit much? Or maybe it just seems a lot compared to what I'm used to getting for a full round. Lol, I'm confused. But, yeah, to condense it - I agree with WinX. x)

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
But doesn't 1-10 cookies for the whole round seem a bit much?
You get on average 5 cookies each round if you play for 5 rounds (10% for 1 cookie, or 2, etc.)
Therefore you get 25 cookies total. Add the supercookie (in a row) and you have 50 cookies.
Or you can play for 10 rounds and get 3 super cookies (in a row)

150 minutes is 2 and a half hours, which is plenty of investment for 50 cookies, whilst 10 rounds is 5 hours, which is a fine investment for 100 cookies/3 supercookies. The longer you play in a row, the less you actually gain as well! :)

Remember, the game needs to be welcoming.

Reactions: Amorix

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score

I found this unfair. I joined long before it had even started, yet I wouldnt recieve any reward for finishing the round. Wouldn't it be better to make it so if you joined before the lava started, you could still get a reward?

I would have to agree with this. What's the point in playing the game for if you can't receive any reward at the end even before the lava begins?

Reactions: oliver56bird
Status
Not open for further replies.