[WIP] alter the way safe zones act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brando212

Reaction score
now i'm not going to argue whether or not water and plants shouldn't be safe zones, we've already been over that, what i want is a slight alteration on how they act

make it so a safe zone (aka plants and water) doesn't take effect unless it consists of more than one block of space high, in other words the safe zone doesn't work unless you're in a two block high safe zone (aka the size of your body)

i make this suggestion for the fact that at the moment it says you are in a safe zone if you are accidently standing on a single flower or in a one block deep pool

i don't believe this should be too big of deal doing this as lava can still hit you in these situations so it won't affect that

Brando212

Reaction score
yes but this is a little different, this affects mid-game as well as the end of the round

a one space high safe zone isn't exactly safe, you can still get hit by lava, so it seems kind of redundant for a one block high space to be considered a safe zone

Numberplay

Reaction score
In the previous forum we came up with many solutions about that. Here's a reminder of some

-Add the 1 minute left to the countdown so that people know the round is almost ending.
-Let some time while in water/lava/plants before the game counts you as in a safe area.
-Return to the old way when these safe area didn't exist.

Even though i dislike the last idea i stated, i prefer reminding them anyway.

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
I like option more then anything. If it can be toggled too, that would be better.
Again, this feature isn't needed, but good to have for people who constantly chat and run around. (ME)

Nato-Potato

The man in green
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
i would've just said it should check if your head is in a safe block rather than your feet, but then i realised you could have a flower on your head and lava around your feet and not get cookies even though you're getting burnt.

so yeah it should check for safe areas on both your feet and head, because if you are able to be burnt by the lava when the round ends you should get cookies.

Nikonchapel

Reaction score
Website
www.triond.com
Ohhh look at the pretty flower I think I'll stand on it, during the last few minutes of the round :)

but still I can't really say this would be a bad thing, I'd recommend it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.