Why does BB always crash?

radman573

Reaction score
Well.... I have caused it to crash a few times when using World Edit commands on a very large scale and also when I clear my plot. Although it usually doesn't happen that often, I could see it happening a few times each week because of those reasons alone. This is not to mention the server restarts and other crashes or bugs in the systems that might also be at fault. All-in-all, these situations are to be expected in minecraft servers, and should not be regarded as too serious unless in quick succession or for large time intervals. I do however appreciate your concern on the matter, as being cautious will pay off in the future. If anything strange occurs, it would be best to contact a server administrator or check the forums, as most information about this is usually posted. Do not worry, there is nothing wrong with Buildbox at the moment :D

• Agree
Reactions: Roobarb Pie
W

Wimali

Yup, for some reason the server crashes when HeroOfTime125 goes into his plot, so that crashed it a few times. The server also occasionally crashes when someone performs a huge worldedit action or clears their plot.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If there is a bug, it's best to report it to staff so that we can get on it right away :)

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
One of the main issues I have found is using large scale worldedit that also affects the lighting engine. This crashing may be triggered by the vast number of chunks updating their lighting levels. I'm not too sure though. Someone with the engine knowledge help me here.

Reaction score
Just a suggestion:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/async_worldedit/

Bukkit's improved their async events vastly so this should be quite stable. It's pretty hard to explain what it does (in lay-mans terms), but basically, it doesn't execute the block updates at the same time as everything else. Ie. Chat and other build events will still run, even if it's a huge world-edit and takes time :)

Nup, no way to explain it if you don't know java :p TL;DR: It reduces lag (and actually works)