Whispering During chat moderation

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Okay this is an idea that i got from various zombie survival experiences. One of the examples went like this:
[>]player How do i be trusted?
*starts typing here*
1: Nobuild128
2: Basictraining
*finishes*
Chat moderation is on, you cannot speak!
I think that this would be a good suggestion because it means people can chat during the voting, but still not clogging the main chat. You might be thinking:
"People will use this to vote influence"
Well, yes and no
It can be used to vote influence, but you could only whisper to 2-3 people in that time.
Anyways, vote influencing also goes on in IRC/Teamspeak tons of times. Plus, the person you are whispering to might have already voted, or wont listen. So i dont think that this will cause much influencing.
If you have any questions feel free to tag me for a quick response. Along with if you find any flaws/downsides to this

Reactions: HarmakAnna

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Okay this is an idea that i got from various zombie survival experiences. One of the examples went like this:
[>]player How do i be trusted?
*starts typing here*
1: Nobuild128
2: Basictraining
*finishes*
Chat moderation is on, you cannot speak!
Simple, just don't hit enter until the voting ends. It's only 20 seconds, questions can wait that long.

Airkid

Reaction score
Simple, just don't hit enter until the voting ends. It's only 20 seconds, questions can wait that long.
But maybe, somebody's typing something, they don't see what's happening on the chat, they press Enter, and boom, Chat Moderation..
Well anyway, I also find it annoying when this happens.. :/

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
I never had any problems with chat moderation as a player/Trusted. If you're answering questions, you should be paying attention to the chat anyways. It's not like it's that hard to get around it (just wait a few seconds).

I would also really hate to see new players being tricked into voting for a map (it will happen).

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
The chat moderation was added to prevent people from influencing the map voting, by yelling in chat things like: "vote 1, it's one of the best maps!", if whispering would be allowed it could be abused so people start PMing newer people to say things like I said before. (Influence the voting via PMs)

I don't see why it is necessary because if it's really necessary to say something you can always wait some time or let an operator+ handle it because they can talk in chat moderation. Because there only is a downside (abusable) to this, I don't think it would be good to change this.