What was your favourite feature(s) in every major MC version (Eg. 1.4.x 1.5.x, 1.6.x and so on)...

1.7 update: New world generation, do you like it?

• Total voters

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
...since you started playing it?
You can pick up to 5 features (or bug fix, if it was very important for you).
(if you don't remember features from older versions, look here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history )

You can use "c" for Classic, "i" for Indev, "inf" for Infdev, "a" for Alpha, and "b" for Beta before version, like: a1.2 or b1.7.x

I started playing MC since b1.6.x (cracked, hacked and modded as hell to mess around in SSP, and wasn't paying attention to vanilla stuff, so it doesn't count.)
Since b1.7.3 I got donated with Premium, so I was playing legit, fair and unmodded (well, with Optifine, Rei's Minimap and recently with ChatLog in our Premium servers).

So here we go:
b1.7.x - Fixed clay generation and pistons (Clay was too rare and pistons are useful ;)).
b.1.8.x - Whole Adventure Update, I remember, that I couldn't wait for it.
1.0.x - Item repair, and continuation of Adventure Update. finally could prolong existence of my tools. I wasn't messing with potions/enchantments back then.
1.1.x - Apples, yay new food and last part of Adventure Update.
1.2.x - Increased height limit, jungles, cats and improved chat.
1.3.x - SSP/SMP merge, easier enchanting, and enderchests.
1.4.x - Dyes, anvil, enchanted books, superflat generation options, commands for testing new stuff.
1.5.x - Quartz/Redstone blocks, better inventory management, and further improved enchanting.
1.6.x - Horses, coal blocks and hardened/colorful clay.
---

Also I created poll for upcoming version (1.7) - about new terrain generation.
There wasn't major modification of it since 1.2.

Reactions: Deleted member 4601

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
If I read this correctly, then I will be able to get the old worlds where coal was really cool, diamonds were insanely epic, mobs were insanely scary, hills were insanely cute and gameplay was insanely fun. If this is so, then I thank the minecraft developing team for making a smart move!

• Sad
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
If I read this correctly, then I will be able to get the old worlds where coal was really cool, diamonds were insanely epic, mobs were insanely scary, hills were insanely cute and gameplay was insanely fun. If this is so, then I thank the minecraft developing team for making a smart move!
Nope, I meant new favorite features, that appeared in each major release (like best features in 1.0, in 1.1, in 1.2 and so on), since you started playing MC, like I listed.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
C for Classic.

... Definitely C.
Seriously you were playing MC from 2009? :0
Yea, c0.0.0 introduced this epic game :D

In all seriousness, I meant favorite FEATURES in each major version of game, like best features/addition/change for you in a1.0.x, a1.1.x, a.1.2.x, b1.0.x, b1.1.x, b1.2.x and so on, since you started playing it...
Wow looks like I used wrong wording in title >.>
Look at list of my favorite features, that each major version brought...

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Nope, I meant new favorite features, that appeared in each major release (like best features in 1.0, in 1.1, in 1.2 and so on), since you started playing MC, like I listed.
Oh well, I guess Minecraft still generates the same shitty maps as usual then.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Oh well, I guess Minecraft still generates the same shitty maps as usual then.
And you didn't liked/was indifferent of features, that 1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3 and so on brought? :(
Look at my list to get idea :(

D

Deleted member 4601

I'm a rather late premium player :p

c0.30 EVERYTHING
1.4 Anvils
1.5 Inventory management
1.6 Horses

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
1.0.4 to 1.0.17_03 - me joins minecraft classic, is like, "wtf is SMP and alpha means?"
1.0.17_04 - finally got my brother to buy it for me with his paypal for like 14 dollars or something, lets start
1.1.0 to 1.1.2 - you go notch, compass + sneaking + fishing rod (except they didn't do anything yet)
1.2.0 to 1.2.1 - wow, fishing rod has a purpose, nether kek, zambie pogoman, ghast, pumpkins, and more
1.2.2 to 1.2.6 - meh, just bugfixes

BETA TIME

1.0 to 1.0.2 - finally beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.1 to 1.1_02 - bugfixes and shit
1.2 to 1.2_02 - finally some real updates, i think my favorites were lapis, cake, and wool/dyes, worst was that the fucking spiders can now climb walls, what a piece of crap
1.3 to 1.3_01 - favorites were slabs and beds
1.4 to 1.4_01 - wolves (THEY'RE NOT CALLED "DOGS"), cookies, and locked chests (still one of my favorite blocks lol)
1.5 to 1.5_02 - weather
1.6 to 1.6.6 - maps and grass and shrubs, 1.6 was one of the most buggiest versions, no wonder it had 5 bugfixes in 2 god damn days

i think i'm done for now

• Winner

Pikmon2

Reaction score
1.5b: Dogs
1.6b: Hatches or something and bugs I like those
1.7b: Pistons
1.8b-1.6f: ---
Finally you got my question right, others wins one-way ticket to Byedge.
And you didn't found other features in full version/b1.8.x of MC useful/fun for you?
BTW you don't have add letter for full version.
horses and anvils are cool. Everything else was just aaaa nooo.

• Optimistic

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
1.6: Health bar showing health correctly when max health is more/less than default.

1.5: Scoreboard and inventory management.

1.4: Command blocks.

1.3: Ender chests.

1.2: Chat history.

1.1: Spawn eggs and superflat world type.

1.0: The End.

b1.8: Creative mode, food system, and sprinting.

b1.7: Pistons and shears.

b1.6: Multiplayer nether support.

b1.5: Weather.

b1.4: Wolves and cookies.

b1.3: Beds, more than 5 worlds, server whitelisting, and choosing world name/seed.

b1.2: Dyes, dispensers, spiders climbing walls, cake, and smooth lighting.

b1.1: Rewrote leaf decay.

b1.0: Server-side inventories and tooltips in inventory.

a1.2: Biomes, fishing, the Nether, small lakes. I joined in the middle of the updates.

classic: I played classic before premium but there were no more updates.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
1.6: Health bar showing health correctly when max health is more/less than default.

1.5: Scoreboard and inventory management.

1.4: Command blocks.

1.3: Ender chests.

1.2: Chat history.

1.1: Spawn eggs and superflat world type.

1.0: The End.

b1.8: Creative mode, food system, and sprinting.

b1.7: Pistons and shears.

b1.6: Multiplayer nether support.

b1.5: Weather.

b1.4: Wolves and cookies.

b1.3: Beds, more than 5 worlds, server whitelisting, and choosing world name/seed.

b1.2: Dyes, dispensers, spiders climbing walls, cake, and smooth lighting.

b1.1: Rewrote leaf decay.

b1.0: Server-side inventories and tooltips in inventory.

a1.2: Biomes, fishing, the Nether, small lakes. I joined in the middle of the updates.

classic: I played classic before premium but there were no more updates.
Nice list :)
Reaching Halloween Update ;)
I'm Adventure Update generation ;)
Well, there was announcement about it, soon after I got Premium.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
1.0.4 to 1.0.17_03 - me joins minecraft classic, is like, "wtf is SMP and alpha means?"
1.0.17_04 - finally got my brother to buy it for me with his paypal for like 14 dollars or something, lets start
1.1.0 to 1.1.2 - you go notch, compass + sneaking + fishing rod (except they didn't do anything yet)
1.2.0 to 1.2.1 - wow, fishing rod has a purpose, nether kek, zambie pogoman, ghast, pumpkins, and more

BETA TIME

1.0 to 1.0.2 - finally beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.2 to 1.2_02 - finally some real updates, i think my favorites were lapis, cake, and wool/dyes, worst was that the fucking spiders can now climb walls, what a piece of crap
1.4 to 1.4_01 - wolves (THEY'RE NOT CALLED "DOGS"), cookies, and locked chests (still one of my favorite blocks lol)
1.5 to 1.5_02 - weather
1.6 to 1.6.6 - maps and grass and shrubs, 1.6 was one of the most buggiest versions, no wonder it had 5 bugfixes in 2 god damn days

i think i'm done for now
Davidjl123 = ALL the history

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

BETA TIME

1.5 to 1.5_02 - weather

i think i'm done for now
Thread got legitimately revived.

David, and what was your favorite features in later versions?

For me: 1.7.x = Terrain overhaul + toggle sprint (you hold left control by default to sprint)