Western Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
This is a submission for the AoD Map Making Contest.
Name of Map: Western Nightmare
Author: DKnucklehead (But I'd like to give thanks to Mac27 and Iguana for providing me with ideas and their positive thoughts)
Size: 201x201
Map boundary: Central Sponge has been placed at the point x:614 y:107 z:176 which is 41 blocks above the spawn point. The radius should be 100 blocks from that point. There are additional sponge blocks placed on the 4 corners of the map to assist if necessary.
Kits:
Humans:
Sharpshooter: Leather Helmet, Bow, 10 Arrows, Potion of Healing, 2 Bread.
Cowboy: Leather Boots, Stone Sword, Potion of Healing, 2 Bread.
Chuckwagon Cook: Leather Helmet, Wood Sword, Potion of Healing, 4 Bread, 2 Apples.
Hunters:
Dead-Eye: Leather Helmet, Bow, 10 arrows.
Slasher: Leather Helmet, Stone Sword, Potion of Swiftness.
Pyromaniac: Leather Boots, Stone Sword, Flint & Steel.
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/Ccajn#0 I've have chosen to not take pictures of some locations, as I'd prefer people to experience this map firsthand, if it does get accepted.
Notes:
Set-Up Notes:
Neither Humans or Zombies can destroy/place blocks. TNT Block Breaking is to be turned ON. Fire Spreading should be turned off.
Edit: Also, if possible, could the use of enderpearls be be turned OFF? I can see problems
arising from this due to a single person shooting over the walls, becoming unreachable.
Map Theme Notes:
While this map is based on "Old Western" themes, it is quite evident that there are quite a few aspects which do not fall under that category, in fact, some would consider them to be strange or bizarre. Let me explain, as if this is not understood, the meaning behind the map is lost in translation. The deserts of the West are harsh and dry, which after days of walking in the hot sun, can lead your mind to begin creating a nonsensical world of its own. If one ventures too far from the confines of the town, they may suffer experiences such as this, and be driven mad by them.
Download Link: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Western_Nightmare.zip
(Please alert me if you have concerns, and I appreciate constructive criticism!)

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
The mountains were actually designed not to be traveled on, they were mostly used as a decorative map border as well as hiding certain areas of the map which goes along with this idea below.
"The deserts of the West are harsh and dry, which after days of walking in the hot sun, can lead your mind to begin creating a nonsensical world of its own. If one ventures too far from the confines of the town, they may suffer experiences such as this, and be driven mad by them."
You never know what you're going to encounter once you're on the brink of madness ;)

Anyways, thank you for the positive feedback, I hope I addressed your concern.

Edit: I'm applying another note concerning enderpearls to the Map Notes section.

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Umm. Block breaking is ON in my map..... I hope this wasn't intentional ._. ?

Also, Slasher and Dead Eye need to have another leather armor piece besides helmet. I totally forgot that they can't wear helmets. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.