weird crashing

Blankk

Reaction score
So when I log into the zombie server, I have been getting this weird crash type thing. I play a lot of other games, and it never happens with them, just minecraft. My screen kinda just freezes and everything stops, and I have to restart my computer. It's been happening randomly and I dont know why or how I can fix it. This is why I haven't been on as much, and it's really annoying. I don't get how minecraft graphics are crashing my computer when I play other games with 100x better graphics. Any help?

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
So when I log into the zombie server, I have been getting this weird crash type thing. I play a lot of other games, and it never happens with them, just minecraft. My screen kinda just freezes and everything stops, and I have to restart my computer. It's been happening randomly and I dont know why or how I can fix it. This is why I haven't been on as much, and it's really annoying. I don't get how minecraft graphics are crashing my computer when I play other games with 100x better graphics. Any help?
check if your java plug-in is up to date. also, safari doesn't support minecraft with its latest update, so avoid that browser til it's updated.

Blankk

Reaction score
It's not when I'm loading in and it gets stuck on connecting, it happens when I'm actually in the game and I'm running around

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
That happens to me a lot because I'm trying to get into the Full Server. They don't have a "reconnect" message like TNT does so here's my process.

This may be difficult to understand so I'm going to be as lengthy and descriptive as possible.

1: ((Obvious)) Click on [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival
2: When you get to the next screen DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING. Watch and see if you connect.
3: If a "Connecting" message appear with a bar under it take your cursor and go straight to "Home" at the top right beside "About".

It should take you home. Then you can go to "Multiplayer" and then [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival.

IF YOU ACCIDENTLY CLICK ELSEWHERE: Your entire screen is not frozen. Only your browser. Go down to the bottom and find your browser on the taskbar. Right click it and "Close."

Now unless your computer is a MAC the process may be different.

Blankk

Reaction score
I already know what to do when it gets stuck on connecting, and if you read my post again that's not the problem I'm having

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Happened to me twice today, I just waited 30 seconds and everyone ran round at like 10x speed and hundreds of lines of chat appeared, It was crazy.

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
What Blankk is having is been happening to me ever since I started playing Minecraft a year ago. On every server, I often get my screen frozen. I have been updating Java. It happens on WOM too, but it just quits and tells me something about "atioglxx.dll". I searched on Google, but noone gave a valid response. I need help too! :(

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Not sure if this is related, but I witnessed the following a couple times yesterday:
Sep 01 20:47:48 <ZombieBot> pigman987 left the game.
Sep 01 20:47:48 <ZombieBot> wyrer left the game.
Sep 01 20:47:49 <ZombieBot> Darkblaze14 left the game.
Sep 01 20:47:49 <ZombieBot> Khan_Penguin left the game.
Sep 01 20:47:49 <ZombieBot> HGalaxyO4 left the game.
Sep 01 20:47:50 <ZombieBot> Zortwil left the game.

It was in a 2 second time period, but everything lagged directly before that so it all appeared at once. Most of them logged back in a minute or two later, saying that they were randomly disconnected. I found no correlation between the IPs, human/zombie, etc. This may not be related at all, but it seems a bit similar.

Blankk

Reaction score
nill, I'm not being randomly disconnected, my whole computer crashes, and I have no clue why

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
@gettinthere the .minecraft folder in appdata is only for beta. This problem is in classic and the files for it are stored in temp.

@Blankk
You've been able to play fine up until this happened and classic isn't being updated, so the problem doesn't lie directly in Minecraft. You'll need to look at recently updated drivers to see if one of them is reacting badly with java. Also, because java is a CPU hog you may want to have a look at what other programs run in the background and check any that you've set to auto-update.

Blankk

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's a problem with my computer, I'm trying to figure out what. Hopefully I can fix it soon.