We want the old Dumbrun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can we please bring back the old dumbrun? The one with the jumpcourse up to the couch? I really liked that version better. And it also had only one way to the top. One could be called dumbrun and the other could be called dumbrun_v1. We don't need to get rid of the current one, but I think this would be a much appreciated addition.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I quite Like the change actually to dumbrun.
Having only a single route to the top severely restricted some players and zombies from reaching the top.
And A large platform in the sky that was really only reachable by this path around the sides of the map I feel was a bit Pro-Human, and as a "runner" map there shouldn't really be this large area where Human just sit, at least that's what I believe.

The map has also undergone (at least from what I have seen, I may be wrong) 2 changes already to make it more balanced, and a couple of others do not wish for it to be re-implemented.
Just some feedback for the idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Gameprochampion

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
The first was a lot of fun - don't get me wrong. The one and only path to the top was a significant issue though. A zombie can just wait on the path and no one can get to the top, that's a frustration to many players including myself. Remember how upset people were getting with the map Grandprix and the camping that was going on there? I think the Higher Staff changed this map for the better; not to upset.

storm886

Reaction score
I have to agree with minecrafter. I liked the first version much better. Now it's no better than any other bedrock running map.
  • Jump Course - The second version with the jump course was a bit challenging for new players. I don't think that the jump course to the couch is needed.
  • Number of Routes - I liked the the one route way to the top in the first version. Not saying that multiple routes are nice for new players, but multiple routes are kind of defeating the purpose of this map "dumbrun".
  • Couch - We need the couch, like the first version! If you don't agree with anything I've stated in this post, listen to this! The couch was a checkpoint for players; it was one of the things that set this map apart from all other running maps.
Please take this into consideration.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Older versions of this map aren't coming back. Only experienced players were able to get to top because it was a quite newbie unfriendly map. The couch on top was almost always a free win for players, which was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.