Warn Level Suggestion

Is my suggestion worth while putting into the server?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesykev23

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have been thinking lately that it is kind of unfair that players on our server can not have their warn level decreased. I see a lot, I mean A LOT of people getting banned just because their warn level is too high. This is why I think we should have a warn system that could possibly lower your warn level.

The system would go like this:

3 weeks without one warn or auto-kick: 1 warn removed from that player.
If a player earns a warn, his timer resets.

This new system would possibly keep more players on and it would also decrease the amount of players banned from high warn levels.
Feel free to leave comments about how my suggestion is. Any criticism will be taken by me without any offence. I have also made a poll so vote to tell me if you like my suggestion!

Alkatraz

Reaction score
As Darth said, we've brainstormed warn ideas before. But THIS is the problem:
The people getting banned for high warn would struggle to last 3 weeks without getting warned. Hell they'd have trouble lasting ONE week.

Yes it would be fairer on those people who are on about 10 warn and don't break many rules bar the odd spawn zone kick, but as Darth said, last time we talked about it, it was unfeasible.

cheesykev23

Reaction score
Yes alka but for example me, I get spawn kicked on accident a lot.

Example: Yesterday I was playing corridors and I was in the other teams flag room. I jumped on a tnt block and it autokicked me for spawnkilling.

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
cheesykev23, if that's the case then it's down to a map flaw, and needs removing; just PM an op who was on at that time, and they'll remove it if it matches their logs. In that specific instance, the map flaw's been corrected and is just waiting on a minor permissions issue.

Some older players do accumulate a high warn level simply because they've been around for ages, and in that edge case the warning system is flawed. The problem I can see though, is that some warns shouldn't be removed at all. Automatic warns - yes, they're often mistakes. But staff warnings need to stay, in case they're important. We'd need to split the warn level system into three fields: automatic warn level, staff warn level and last warn timestamp.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I love the idea. Not everybody that gets a high warn gets it cause there a rule breaker. I got 7 warns currently and all of them are accidental spawn kicks except 1! (Which I self admit was my bad and deserved a warn).

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I love the idea. Not everybody that gets a high warn gets it cause there a rule breaker. I got 7 warns currently and all of them are accidental spawn kicks except 1! (Which I self admit was my bad and deserved a warn).
That's just stupid. You may say you're not a rule breaker, but someone who gets spawn kicked 7 times is still breaking the rules, regardless of whether it's an accident or not.

cheesykev23

Reaction score
cheesykev23, if that's the case then it's down to a map flaw, and needs removing; just PM an op who was on at that time, and they'll remove it if it matches their logs. In that specific instance, the map flaw's been corrected and is just waiting on a minor permissions issue.
Is it possible that you can remove that warn that autokicked from corridors?
I'd really appreciate it.

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
I've just checked my logs, and don't have a record of it - we need to be sure that the spawnkick happened on CTF-Corridors. I'll see if anybody else has got logs when I get chance though, and edit this post if they do.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
It's good if it can be coded in, since some players might be very careful. Maybe, some good players who just have played a lot but rarely get warns could be banned since warns over the span of a year. I could see it working.

cheesykev23

Reaction score
I've just checked my logs, and don't have a record of it - we need to be sure that the spawnkick happened on CTF-Corridors. I'll see if anybody else has got logs when I get chance though, and edit this post if they do.

Sparklymuffinz was online at the time.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Sparklymuffinz was online at the time.
This thread is a suggestion thread, not a "please reduce my warnlevel because it's high" thread.
If you could PM me the time/date, I can look for logs in the IRC.

Anyways, Jolt is correct. It is perfectly possible to go through months on TNT Wars without gaining many if any warnings.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I disagree. Shit happens. People accidentally wander into spawns.

AND I LIKE THIS PLAN! :D
You are completely missing the point I am trying to make. Whilst it may be an accident, it is still breaking the rules by going into the enemy teamspawn. I'm not saying that accidents don't happen, I'm saying that regardless of whether it's ignorance to blame, it's still against the rules on the server.

Amorix

Reaction score
You are completely missing the point I am trying to make. Whilst it may be an accident, it is still breaking the rules by going into the enemy teamspawn. I'm not saying that accidents don't happen, I'm saying that regardless of whether it's ignorance to blame, it's still against the rules on the server.
Yes, but (Apologies if this sounds like I'm being an arrogant dick.) I personally feel that if it's an accident and isn't a rapidly-occurring thing, then there should be some level of forgiveness, and the threat of a ban shouldn't loom over someone's head due to things that happened over the course of several months, or potentially even years.
I'm not saying that people shouldn't still be punished for a rule they break NON-STOP, but I do feel that there should be some form of forgiveness if it isn't a frequent thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Da Jinks

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Yes, but (Apologies if this sounds like I'm being an arrogant dick.) I personally feel that if it's an accident and isn't a rapidly-occurring thing, then there should be some level of forgiveness, and the threat of a ban shouldn't loom over someone's head due to things that happened over the course of several months, or potentially even years.
I'm not saying that people shouldn't still be punished for a rule they break NON-STOP, but I do feel that there should be some form of forgiveness if it isn't a frequent thing.
I am not disputing that in the slightest. If you look at what I've written, I was merely saying that it is still in violation of the rules whether or not it was intentional or a little negligence on someone's part. Nothing about whether they deserve forgiveness or anything like that.

This thread has gone quite off topic now, and it's partly my fault. Either way, we do not have the system in place to do anything like this, and it would be a massive pain in the arse to put in if we did agree it was suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.