Virtual_Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightowl

Reaction score
Name of map: Virtual_Gateway
Author: The_Nightowl
Size: 155x155 (I'm SO sorry this isn't a square or a circle! I maybe could have made it wider, but the map would have just been too big. What it lacks in width, though, it makes up for in length. It pretty much has its own map boundary too, so you don't really have to worry about that.)
Map boundary: x:47, y:47
Kits:
Survivors: Data, Memory, Program
Hunters: Hacker, Virus, Error
Data:
-Gold Helmet
-Chainmail Chestplate
-Leather Leggings
-Iron Boots
-Wooden Sword
-Bow
-10 Arrows
-8 Apples
Memory:
-Leather Helmet
-Golden Chestplate
-Chainmail Leggings
-Iron Boots
-Stone Sword
-6 Bread
Program (Juggernaut):
-Chainmail Helmet
-Golden Chestplate
-Iron Leggings
-Golden Boots
-Iron Sword
-Bow
-32 Arrows
-12 Apples
-Golden Apple
Hacker (Dark Hunter):
-Iron Chesplate
-Gold Leggings
-Iron Boots
-Stone Sword
-Bow
-64 Arrows
Virus:
-Gold Chestplate
-Gold Leggings
-Chainmail Boots
-Unbreaking 3 Golden Sword
-Bow
-32 Arrows
Error (HunterFree) :
-Leather Chestplate
-Chainmail Leggings
-Gold Boots
-Stone Sword
-16 Snowballs
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots:

Notes: There is no building or breaking blocks.
Spawn point is (x:82, y:27, z:3)
Build time is 100 seconds (1 min. 40 sec.)
Round time is 7 minutes.
Time is 6000.
Fire spread is off.
It also includes mob eggs, and I'm not sure if the server automatically makes them Team Survivors/Team Hunters or not.
I made this map because 1. I remembered seeing something like it back on the classic server, 2. One of the ideas on the map suggestion thread was Underground Forest and that got its way into here, and 3. I thought it would be pretty cool.
Oh, and there is a way to get into the computer. It requires a simple code found within the map that can be accessed in-game. It isn't tucked away in the darkest corner of a random tree, but it does takes some walkin' to find said code. Keep an eye out for it!
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ju7ao92y0ibx4yb/Virtual_Gateway.zip
Input File:
Code:
MapName: Virtual_Gateway
BuildTime: 100
GameTime: 420
WorldTime: 6000
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: 82
y: 27
z: 3
ChooseKit: false
OneKitPerRound: false
KitResetTime: 120
BoxChance: 15
Team1:
SpawnLocation:
Centre:
x: 77.5
y: 32
z: 48
WorldSize: 78
SkyLimit: 256
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 5
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
Kit:
HunterFree:
Error:
-LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
-CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS
-GOLD_BOOTS
-STONE SWORD
-SNOWBALL|16
Juggernaut:
Program:
- CHAINMAIL_HELMET
- GOLD_CHESTPLATE
- IRON_LEGGINGS
- GOLD_BOOTS
- IRON_SWORD
- BOW
- ARROW|32
- APPLE|12
- GOLDEN_APPLE
HunterLeader:
Hacker:
- IRON_CHESTPLATE
- GOLD_LEGGINGS
- IRON_BOOTS
- STONE_SWORD
- BOW
- ARROW|64
HunterStart:
Virus:
- GOLD_CHESTPLATE
- GOLD_LEGGINGS
- CHAINMAIL_BOOTS
- GOLD_SWORD.DURABILITY:3
- BOW
- ARROW|32
SurvivorStart:
Data:
- GOLD_HELMET
- CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE
- LEATHER_LEGGINGS
- IRON_BOOTS
- WOOD_SWORD
- BOW
- ARROW|10
- APPLE|8
Memory:
- LEATHER_HELMET
- GOLD_CHESTPLATE
- CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS
- IRON_BOOTS
- STONE_SWORD
- BREAD|6

Please feel free to leave your input on my map! I am always open for suggestions.

Last edited:

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Downloaded the map, went through it, here's my thoughts:

It is a big map, yes, but we've accepted maps that may have been a tad larger than what we're used to. So, this is fine.

Now, the chest situation. I like the clever places for the chests and I think the items in the chests are pretty neat. The spawn eggs will automatically go to Team Hunter or Team Survivor, depending on who spawns them.

I think this is an improvement on your last map, and I think it deserves a shot.

[BCOLOR=#00ff00]+1[/BCOLOR]

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Concept: I like the concept of the map. It is different from the other maps that I have seen on the server and I think it makes an interesting map.

Execution: I feel that the map could have been executed better. Both areas of the map are mainly rectangular and it seems like you just worldeditted an area out or made the box and then did nothing to try and hide the fact. I think you could have put in some more effort to do so or hide the redstone blocks powering the redstone lamps.

Gameplay: I think there are a lot of places people could hide and numerous areas for people to go to. I think the way into the computer might end up being a problem due to people staying at the other end and killing whoever comes through. There is only one way into that area and people will use it to their advantage. There are a fair number of chests scattered throughout the map and none of the contents seem to be incredibly over powered. I am not sure about the no build/break seeing as there is an enchanting table in one chest and a chest only accessable if you break melons. Did you mean to have those as exceptions?

Kits: I think the kits are good and that none are incredibly over powered. I am wondering though what the HunterFree/Scavenger kit is.

I think the map has potential but I don't think there is enough to make me vote positively. Therefore 0.

PS. If you need help with the input file feel free to ask.

Nightowl

Reaction score
Concept: I like the concept of the map. It is different from the other maps that I have seen on the server and I think it makes an interesting map.

Execution: I feel that the map could have been executed better. Both areas of the map are mainly rectangular and it seems like you just worldeditted an area out or made the box and then did nothing to try and hide the fact. I think you could have put in some more effort to do so or hide the redstone blocks powering the redstone lamps.

Gameplay: I think there are a lot of places people could hide and numerous areas for people to go to. I think the way into the computer might end up being a problem due to people staying at the other end and killing whoever comes through. There is only one way into that area and people will use it to their advantage. There are a fair number of chests scattered throughout the map and none of the contents seem to be incredibly over powered. I am not sure about the no build/break seeing as there is an enchanting table in one chest and a chest only accessable if you break melons. Did you mean to have those as exceptions?

Kits: I think the kits are good and that none are incredibly over powered. I am wondering though what the HunterFree/Scavenger kit is.

I think the map has potential but I don't think there is enough to make me vote positively. Therefore 0.

PS. If you need help with the input file feel free to ask.
I understand that theis map is very rectangular in some aspects and that was primarily because I feared it would be too large to add some depth to those walls. But now that I've been informed that large maps are alright, I could always go back and do so.

In regards to the computer aspect, I could and probably will change where it leads to. I'm under no circumstances removing the computer and the mechanisms, but I am more than willing to reroute where it goes.

Thank you for pointing out the issue with the enchantment table being placed and the melons. It totally slipped my mind when putting the contents of that chest in. I too discovered the issue with the melons blocking a pathway and was planning on fixing that with a new update.

I'll be editing the kits to show a scavenger in it. Although, I'm not sure what a HunterFree kit is. Mind explaining?

And as a side note: When making this map, I had more in mind the old Zombie survival walls from Minecraft classic. I haven't yet made a map where something besides blocks restricts the player from leaving the map (map boarder, void, etc.) Just give me the word and I'll hapilly change that.

Thank you a bunch for the notifications!

(also i do need help with the input file)

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
@Nightowl The scavenger kit is the HunterFree kit. It is the kit people receive after suiciding or dying before the KitResetTime expiring since your previous death.

I worked on a configuration file based on what you had posted above. Mainly have just 3 fields that still requires input. First one is what weather would you like on the map (clear, rain, or thunder). Second, would you like hunters to be able to use the /locate command? Lastly, would need the HunterFree kit.

This is what I have at the time being. The ones with the // are the ones that I mentioned above. Feel free to edit what you please:
Code:
MapName: Virtual_Gateway
BuildTime: 100
GameTime: 420
WorldTime: 6000
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0 //
Team0:
  SpawnLocation:
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 120
  BoxChance: 15
Team1:
  SpawnLocation:
Centre:
  x: 77.5
  y: 32
  z: 48
WorldSize: 78
SkyLimit: 256
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true //
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 5
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
Kit:
  HunterFree:
	//
  Juggernaut:
	Program:
	- CHAINMAIL_HELMET
	- GOLD_CHESTPLATE
	- IRON_LEGGINGS
	- GOLD_BOOTS
	- IRON_SWORD
	- BOW
	- ARROW|32
	- APPLE|12
	- GOLDEN_APPLE
  HunterLeader:
	Hacker:
	- IRON_CHESTPLATE
	- GOLD_LEGGINGS
	- IRON_BOOTS
	- STONE_SWORD
	- BOW
	- ARROW|64
  HunterStart:
	Virus:
	- GOLD_CHESTPLATE
	- GOLD_LEGGINGS
	- CHAINMAIL_BOOTS
	- GOLD_SWORD.DURABILITY:3
	- BOW
	- ARROW|32
  SurvivorStart:
	Data:
	- GOLD_HELMET
	- CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE
	- LEATHER_LEGGINGS
	- IRON_BOOTS
	- WOOD_SWORD
	- BOW
	- ARROW|10
	- APPLE|8
  Memory:
	- LEATHER_HELMET
	- GOLD_CHESTPLATE
	- CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS
	- IRON_BOOTS
	- STONE_SWORD
	- BREAD|6

Spacing was acting up for whatever reason so it might need some readjusting later to make a valid .yml.

EDIT:
Yep... that spacing turned out horribly for whatever reason...

Nightowl

Reaction score
Update!
I took the suggestions to mind and changed the map a bit as well as fixed some bugs. It includes:
-More than one entrance into the first building (previously only accessible through the computer)
-HunterFree kit
-Imput file (don't know how you guys put it in that fancy blue code box so please tell)
-Watermelons no longer block way
-Also a few other things I forgot while I was typing this post
Here is the download link (same as before) http://www.mediafire.com/download/ju7ao92y0ibx4yb/Virtual_Gateway.zip

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Update!
I took the suggestions to mind and changed the map a bit as well as fixed some bugs. It includes:
-More than one entrance into the first building (previously only accessible through the computer)
-HunterFree kit
-Imput file (don't know how you guys put it in that fancy blue code box so please tell)
-Watermelons no longer block way
-Also a few other things I forgot while I was typing this post
Here is the download link (same as before) http://www.mediafire.com/download/ju7ao92y0ibx4yb/Virtual_Gateway.zip
I am glad that you took the time to make some changes. You had also placed the enchantment table out of the chest and covered the redstone blocks a bit. I'm still not sure about the first building but it could be changed later if it does become an issue. I think I will go with a +1 now.

You use [ code] and [/ code] around the text. Just need to remove the spaces.

@asaechao @Claire1018 @Solis22/Jwhitty @RyanDodd What are your thoughts on the map?

@lovedaice Do these changes change your vote or does it remain a +1?

G

Guest35486

Sorry for not voting earlier. Anyways, I think this will be a great map to play on in AoD, +1 and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.