[VetOp][SMP] LagWarrior's Staff Application

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
Username: LagWarrior

Rank Requested: Veteran Operator

Current/previous positions held: Currently, I am a TNT Veteran Operator and Operator on AoD. Also, I was an ex-veteran operator for Primordia.

List what you believe your greatest strengths are:I believe one of my greatest strengths is monitoring the server to ensure the positive experience of SMP. Meaning, still having a fun talk with players, engaging in some fun activities, making the environment friendlier, and even hosting mini events. My second strength is that I usually try and lend that hand to people who are in need of assistance; whether it’s staff or players, I drop my current activities and help them in rapid succession. I am committed and work diligently on assigned projects or projects I give myself. If I work with an event, I tend to stick with it until it’s over. Lastly, I can contribute to the growth of the server. The advertisements, bringing up ideas/uses of new plugins/server adjustments, and getting good first impressions is my key.

List what you believe your greatest weaknesses are: I am afraid that one of my biggest weakness is my little patience when there is a massive argument. The other one is my recent activity. I’ve been quite busy with school work and family.

Teamspeak?: Yes. I go on there frequently.

Microphone?: Yes. I use a built in microphone in my laptop x]

Previous Offences?: Well, here it goes...
During the existence of the Crafty Cow , Freedomville, Woodshire, Westhart, and all those crazy towns, I believe I have only made one offense even though I am not guilty of the crime. All this happened after my promotion to Trusted.

I was wondering through the map, and I found a little village on the cliffs. I climbed up the mountain and found a cobble box. Approaching it, I glitched out and crashed out of Minecraft. I logged back in to see six chests on the ground with the lapis force-field protection block in front of me. I found myself inside the barrier. Meaning, I could still access the chests (nothing were in them) from where I was standing. Shortly after, I had to go to a Martial Arts testing. So I logged off and then made a sticky note about the glitch and was going to report it to the GmK or MindCrafty after I get home.

After I finished that two hour long testing, I went on teamspeak first thing when I got home. There, I was pulled into a room immediately where there were SMP VetOps+. They asked me if I glitched abuse to get to a chest. I did not give them a straight answer; Instead, I gave them my story providing backed up information regarding the case—being as detailed as possible. I said this quite a few times to them, ‘My intentions were not abuse the glitch, but to report it to MindCrafty or GmK. I had a Martial Arts testing shortly after I discovered the glitch. Also, I took note of it—how to reproduce the glitch.’ Still, they did not find my story credible. They completely ignored my defense and jumped to conclusions. Another staff member was trying to fight for my case. But he was just turned down by the other staff members. That just crushed me... I talked to other staff about it. Surprisingly, some said it was just overdone when I was pulled into a room with a lot of pressure on my back. It’s just one guy trying to tell others what happened and his own intentions. I was completely puzzled on why they did not believe my story. I thought I was jeopardized because I was going to receive a demotion for something I was going to carry out.

That’s what happened... I talked to MindCrafty about it for quite some time. He told me not to worry about it and that he found my story credible. Also, he himself stated it was a bit overdone. But as a punishment for something I had no intention to do, I was placed under a close watch. From that point on, I have developed and am still carrying a positive atmosphere.

Now, I was demoted from veteran operator to operator a few weeks after the release of Primordia. The reason was that I was not ready for the VetOp position. I was prematurely picked to become a VetOp back in SMP 1.7.3. I needed to ripen a bit to become a fully grown VetOp.

What you believe your position entails?: My position entails generating that friendly environment and being a role model of high moral values. In addition, the job of being a veteran operator requires contributing and diligent/consistent work. Work such as making sure players are following rules and keeping the server active. A VetOp must give time and commitment in order to keep a healthy server.

Give a summary of yourself: Well, I’m a sophomore in high school. I’m quite young as well (15). I usually maintain a GPA of 3.4+. Meaning I’m very serious with my school work. I’ve been with the community for quite a while, and many people know me. Staffing on two servers is a bit though, but I can manage some time for each. Tennis and Martial arts are the only two sports I do. Engaging in conversations and some jokes here and there describes me. I’ve been playing the guitar for one and a half years. And my life goal is to become a professional finger style guitarist and major in some medical field (perhaps acupuncture or dermatology). ^_^

HC+ Staff reference(s): BrickWolf and UltimateBudgie agreed to reference me for this position.

By my honor, I pledge to execute the role of VetOp and live up to its rank.

Thanks for reading! ^_^

Signed: LagWarrior