[VetOp] Smokingkills' VetOp application

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
In-game username: Smokingkills

Staff references (Controller+): N/A

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): I staffed on Blocktopia zombies a while back in 2011, and staffed on the TNT server for 2 years.

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: I see this rank as a vital rank in ensuring the server is an enjoyable place to be, and to ensure the server runs smoothly. It definitely comes with a lot of responsibility, as factors such as dealing with staffing matters, and a lot of behind the scenes work come into the equation as well as looking after the server, enforcing the rules and staffing as normal. I believe I will have to be fully committed to the server if I have this position, and I also believe that a VetOp on the server can help a lot and provide great ideas and help the server reach its potential, which I believe I can do. Dedication is massive, and I understand the importance of giving your all into a server, and thinking outside the box to come up with ideas for the server, and to give and receive feedback on implemented ideas. I understand I would have to spend a lot of time working on the server and this is something I can achieve. I would listen to staff member’s ideas and help implement them into the server, as well as implementing my own ideas to aid the development of the server. This role also entails of creating events and running them with the help of the other staff members, which I have no problem doing, and see it as a very fun thing to be able to do.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: I am a very enthusiastic person and if given something to do, I'll complete it fairly quickly. If I don't know how to do something, or need some help, I'm not afraid to ask which I think is vital rather than not learning and waiting for someone else to do it. I have spent a long time in the community, and definitely do not lack experience staffing and generally being in the community. I held the VetOp rank for a year on TNT and I feel in this server, I can really help and fit into the staffing body well. I am good at communicating, and am quite loud, and I always do my best to try to liven up the server and create a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere. I am good at solving problems, and I maintain a positive attitude allowing me to work for long periods of time, and still keep a friendly nature whilst working hard. The fact that I enjoy being in Blocktopia, and staffing so much is a massive plus also, and I think that emits in my attitude.

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: My initial reaction would be to try and think of all of my options, and try to analyse which is the best option. If there were other staff members around (On the forums or on Irc for example) then I would ask for their opinions and for their help on the matter, and usually there would be an admin I could contact, but if not and I was completely on my own in the situation I would do all I can to deal with it. Even if I could not completely solve the problem, I would do something to prevent and stop the problem. I will also try to prevent this from happening by getting to know the ins and outs of the server as soon as possible.

How experienced are you with the current commands on the server, and would you be able to grasp many new commands quickly?: I am fairly experienced with the current commands, and I have always been a quick learner. It didn't take long for me to get to know the PTNT server commands and I believe it is something that can be picked up with little difficulty. There are certain areas I would like to gain more experience in, and if offered the chance to learn, and investigate new plug-ins and commands etc, I would grasp it and learn them as quickly as possible.

What’s the best thing you have ever read?: My favourite book is Dan Brown: The Lost Symbol. Plainly because it's a great intellectual read, containing some humour and it
literally drives you crazy trying to figure out what is going to happen.
One of my favourite quotes is: “What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.”

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: I am ready to face new challenges, and I am ready to dedicate myself to this server, and the idea of being a VetOp of a new server, and doing my best to help and create a fun atmosphere excites me greatly!

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Hello smokingkills!

After much discussion, we have decided to accept your VetOp application. Reason for this is we have no doubt you can handle the responsibilities of this rank. You have a ton of experience and handle yourself in a mature manner as well as we look forward to hearing your creative ideas! Our main focus now is having you learn all the necessary SMP/Premium things. Congratulations.

Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.