Various small fixes

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
I've come across a few small things and issues which would make playing and refereeing rounds on the server a little easier. They're too small to make a handful of threads for, so I've lumped them all together in this one
  1. /sayrules and /d: These appear in IRC, but aren't particularly useful. Could /d vanish altogether, and /sayrules not pipe its output through the IRC bot? (credit to alkatraz for the point about /d)
  2. /warn: Several changes here - hopefully all of them are easy enough to make.
    1. If a person has a warn level above a certain point, trusted+ are notified when they enter. I'd quite like to be able to choose the point at which I get notified
    2. If a person with a very high warn level (>14?) signs in, send that player a message warning them that if they continue to break rules, they may be banned.
    3. /warned, which shows all players with a warn level above a certain point.
  3. 'None has gone offline': for those who don't know, this message appears when a banned player attempts to sign in. Most players won't care about this - could trusted+ have a message saying 'Banned player <none> has attempted to sign in'?
  4. /mute: If a player is attempting to mute evade, being able to mute IP addresses would come in handy. I'd also like to be able to give a reason for the mute; every time the player attempted to speak, the message would get sent via IRC with '(muted) ' before the player name, and the player would receive the message 'You have been muted by <muting op> for <reason>'
  5. Banning: I may have mentioned this previously, but storing the banning op and timestamp along with the ban reason would save some time if the player makes a ban appeal.
    1. /banned <player> would replace banreason and display all through fields.
    2. /banb could also work on offline players by banning their last known IP address along with the name.
    3. If this is used, I'd be happy enough to go through the logs and get the banning op and timestamp for every player. It'd be in my spare time though, so would be a little delayed.
  6. Command substitutions: Most people will mean /points when they type /point, so dropping through to /points seems like a good idea to me. There's already a similar system in place which tells the player the correct command to use.
  7. Command blocks: Vetop+ have the ability to create and manipulate command blocks. Adding a new variable and method would be nice: $warn for the player's warn level, and $inventory("pistol") for the number of pistols in the current player's inventory. (Note by KS - was implemented, but had some issues. Will try again later.)
  8. /inv: Some players have difficulty buying pistols. Allowing refereeing op+ to use /inv <player> would allow us to see whether a player has actually bought the items.
  9. Storing every player's team for the round in memory, and automatically /force'ing them to it if they're not staff could prevent team-switching for points.
    1. Just to be comprehensive, /force by a trusted+ would obviously update this variable.
  10. /team: This could do with sending me to spawn just like /force does.
If you've made it through all of the fixes without skimming, congratulations. I know there's a lot there. Hopefully though, most of these would be smaller fixes. Thanks for reading.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
  1. /mute: If a player is attempting to mute evade, being able to mute IP addresses would come in handy. I'd also like to be able to give a reason for the mute; every time the player attempted to speak, the message would get sent via IRC with '(muted) ' before the player name, and the player would receive the message 'You have been muted by <muting op> for <reason>'

1. Is that included muting; PMs, /me and Opchat? Otherwise that would be useful.
    Furthermore, I love the thread Pi!

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
Everybody who's posted so far, thanks for all of the comments.

1. Is that included muting; PMs, /me and Opchat? Otherwise that would be useful.
    Furthermore, I love the thread Pi!
I'm in two minds about that. /me should definitely be muted, but PMs and opchat might be how the player asks to be unmuted. If an op+ doesn't have IRC open, they could miss the unmute request. Maybe hiding all messages made (/me, PMs, chat, opchat) by muted players from anybody below Trusted, and displaying the muted person's messages to Trusted+ and IRC as mentioned would work.

Chrise10

Reaction score
1. I like
2. I feel the number is set too low, maybe raise as mentioned. And no love for mywarn?
3. What the purpose of knowing? IMO, they were kicked to the curb. They are dead to me. (Evil I know, Thank sam :))
4. Memory may be a little fuzzy, but didn't dest fix this. Meaning the use of /me? And hasn't it been talked about that a simple pm may clear up the mute?
5. I likey. I am not an expert, but doesn't banb only work with a player is on by instructing the server to use the current Ip address used by the name in real time? Could server take the command and pull up info to use?
6. Maybe
7. *chrise10 is a command noob. But sure?
8. Maybe. My current thing is..."How many did you buy?, player- like a 1000, me- Um type /inv and tell me what it says, player- It says nothing, Me- Then you have nothing, Player- oh" So....maybe i guess.
9. This seems to be a big problem. I notice on IRC, long time players advise people not to team switch. So I like.
10. I am not sure what you mean. Sorry :(
11. Yes, I agree. KingSam is out of control and needs a slapping.

Reactions: balloon98

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
I'm in two minds about that. /me should definitely be muted, but PMs and opchat might be how the player asks to be unmuted. If an op+ doesn't have IRC open, they could miss the unmute request. Maybe hiding all messages made (/me, PMs, chat, opchat) by muted players from anybody below Trusted, and displaying the muted person's messages to Trusted+ and IRC as mentioned would work.
I am fine with that, and I forgot about muting the ! = Teamchat.
But keeping the PMs and Opchat useable is fine.

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
1. I like
2. I feel the number is set too low, maybe raise as mentioned. And no love for mywarn?
3. What the purpose of knowing? IMO, they were kicked to the curb. They are dead to me. (Evil I know, Thank sam :))
4. Memory may be a little fuzzy, but didn't dest fix this. Meaning the use of /me? And hasn't it been talked about that a simple pm may clear up the mute?
5. I likey. I am not an expert, but doesn't banb only work with a player is on by instructing the server to use the current Ip address used by the name in real time? Could server take the command and pull up info to use?
6. Maybe
7. *chrise10 is a command noob. But sure?
8. Maybe. My current thing is..."How many did you buy?, player- like a 1000, me- Um type /inv and tell me what it says, player- It says nothing, Me- Then you have nothing, Player- oh" So....maybe i guess.
9. This seems to be a big problem. I notice on IRC, long time players advise people not to team switch. So I like.
10. I am not sure what you mean. Sorry :(
11. Yes, I agree. KingSam is out of control and needs a slapping.
2. The number would be changeable, so you'd be able to do that. Not particularly sure where mywarn comes into it though, that wouldn't change
3. It's more about curiosity than anything - the message is already there, and players don't need to see it in my opinion. Additional detail might be useful to read in logs in some cases
4. I've just checked, and that's right. The first part of the idea's already done then, it'd just be nice to see the muted player's messages in IRC.
5. Yep, that's right. It'd basically just be a link to /ip if the player's offline
8. That usually works, but it's easy for players to miss the message. Being able to give them the right command from the start would be nice.
10. /force <person> <team> will send <person> to <team>'s spawn. /team <team> doesn't.
11. Shh, he can hear us! ;)