Urosevic2001
Premium Accounts:
None
Timezone:
+0 (England)
References:
None
Approx. Time on BB:
My lifetime server total is approximately 9 days, 2 hours, as of 01/11/2014. As of before the BB2.0 update however, I am unsure.
Previous staff experience:
For about 4-5 months, I was Co-Owner on a classic server until it was shut down. Apart from that I have not staffed a server before.
Contributions, Feats or Skills:
I know most of the World Edit and almost all of the general commands, so if any newcomer needs help, I can help anybody with most of the basic and general commands if necessary (such as /mvtp flatland or terrain). I may need to get used to some of the different commands that an operator has access to, but I hopefully should get used to them quickly. I wouldn’t be afraid in saying hello to newcomers, and will try my best to give them a warm welcome and to help them out as much as I can via commands, building tips etc. I like to have a laugh and joke around, and I love to see people’s reactions when promoted to builder, but will also sort out and deal with any issues to make Buildbox a fun and happy environment for everyone to enjoy. Already, I try my best to help out newcomers, and have done so a little bit in the past. I think that I just need to learn how to judge a builder-quality build or not, as BB2.0 changed the standard requirements to get builder, and also need to focus on being more open to newcomers, and spending a bit more time with them before they are ready and get used to how Buildbox works etc. I have written a Building handbook, which should help players get some inspiration and some ideas of just what they need to include in their builds to get builder.

What do you think the role entails?
To be an operator, I think that you should know all, if not most of the general commands. You need to be friendly to everybody, as well as being serious when an argument breaks out. They definitely need to help out and give a warm welcome to all newcomers, by giving the basic commands, how to rank up to builder, etc. They need to keep Buildbox as a happy, peaceful, and hassle-free environment for everybody to enjoy, and punish those who choose to break the rules. When a player is banned, I think that it is important that they should tell them that they can re-apply, and that they can have a second chance. When it comes to reviewing a player’s build and deciding whether to promote them to builder or not, I think that they should be firm but fair with that player, and if it isn’t quite up to standard, they should give them a few things to improve on, as well as a few extra tips for use later on. If they happen to have an angry/unhappy reaction, then they should try to calm them down as well as telling them that there is always a second chance to improve upon your build and have a second chance. I also think it is important to congratulate that player who has received builder, giving them a sense of achievement. They should also treat people who choose to break the rules in a calm and polite manner, and also tell them that they have the chance to appeal on the forums, and possibly get unbanned.
Why do you want this position?
Buildbox has been one of the best servers that I have ever played. I love to see player’s reactions when promoted to builder and have seen not only myself, but several other people getting promoted and I really enjoy seeing their reactions. All of the awesome people on Buildbox have helped me to become a fairly decent builder now, and I am very appreciative of this. Because this community has helped me to become a better builder, I would like to help do the same to other people, and help them to get better at building also. I have already started this, by writing a building handbook which gives them some tips and tricks, as well as some inspiration if they are stuck for ideas on what to build.
Final Notes
I do have holidays somewhat often, so sometimes the Wi-Fi might be weak, and be unable to log on because of that. However, if I do get Operator, I will try my best to help people out, and make sure Buildbox runs smoothly. Not only do I think being active in Blocktopia is important, but I also think that being active on forums is important, and is something that I should try to improve on where I can.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Urosevic2001, Thanks for applying for Buildbox Staff! You have a solid application, which is great, and it shows us that you're serious about applying for staff on the server. I have seen that Building handbook that you mentioned and I was really impressed by how much information you put into it. I also think that it would be great for the staff to read and give to Players that are seeking the Builder rank. As far as server activity goes -- I do see you from time to time and I have seen you help out other players in the past. Also, I don't think that there has been any issues with you, that I know of, so I guess you're in the clear on that. Good luck!

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't really be posting here. But I just got a quick question. Do I require a certain amount of +1s to get operator ?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't really be posting here. But I just got a quick question. Do I require a certain amount of +1s to get operator ?
There is no set amount, the general opinion of the staff team will be taken into concideration by the Directors, and then they will decide on the application.

Reactions: TheScavenger350

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Hi uro,

I believe I've already told you my verdict when I was talking to you online. You are active and I don't have any major problems with you, but I still think you need to work on your helpfulness, maturity and presence in the server (although your helpfulness is pretty good). I'm going with a 0 for now, good luck!

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Let me start with that your Builder's Handbook is rather handy, and I'll pass it onto other players to help. :)

You're a good guy, but your presence is seemingly more in roleplay from what I'm seeing currently - not that that's the worst thing ever. On the other hand, that may be due to not many players asking too much stuff in chat from what I've seen. I'll make sure I keep an eye out on you.

I want to put the age lying behind us. If you don't want to reveal an age, go into your privacy settings on the forums from the start - I'm not keen on revealing my age either. If you can prove you've moved on, you'll definitely get better marks. When you're improving your maturity though, do remember to keep being funny!

+0

Last edited:

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
Hey there Uro!

I really liked the Builder's Handbook that you made, I think its a very handy little guide for players and seems like you thought it through so well done with that! You're friendly too which is great! Apart from that though, I haven't really seen you helping out that much in the chat.

For now I think i'll go with a 0, but i'll keep an eye on you and maybe that'll change!

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Your maturity is doubtful at best, and I'm not terribly certain that it will improve after trusting you with staff commands. However, your application is well written and covers a lot of ground.

I'm going to point out that you're lying about your age on the forums, which to me is not a very encouraging sign for a potential staff member. Please take this into account when voting, BBPrem

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Honestly, I don't think you're ready for this position unfortunately. You're a nice person from what I've seen, however as Priz said your maturity is doubtful at best, and I personally wouldn't trust you with commands. I haven't been on too much recently due to major activity irl, so maybe things have changed. However, I need to go by what I know and I don't think you're ready, sorry. I'm going with a -1 for now at least.

Tamzies

Reaction score
For me you aren't ready and I did not see you a lot in game to make my verdict. I have rarely seen you helping anyone and your maturity is still below the level of Operator. Lying about your age or about anything is an absolute no go. We like honesty and if you are mature enough you can post your real age. Not like we care a lot since a 12 year old can be as good as a 20 year old. I am going with a -1 leaning towards a 0. For now I do not think you would add anything to the server as it is and you need more time to rethink this app and your maturity level.
Tamzies Out!

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Alright, it looks like MikeTang hasn't been on the forums since Tuesday.

Urosevic2001 , after looking through what the Buildbox Staff have said about your application, I think it's safe to say that you have a few more things to improve on such as your maturity and helpfulness. Do keep in mind that you should try to be active as well. Overall, take what the Buildbox Staff have mentioned into consideration. Feel free to apply after a month or when you feel that you have improved.

• Thank You
Reactions: Prizyms
Status
Not open for further replies.