AoD - Accepted Unusual_dude's staff application

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
What is your in-game name? (Please also give any alt accounts, and if you're applying for our TTT server, your Steam ID.)
Unusual_dude

What timezone do you live in?

+ 1 GMT (Norway)

How many hours have you played on the server for?
Atleast 374 hours

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?
I hate giving promises, so I would say atleast 5 hours. Usually I am online a lot more.

What prior staffing experience do you have? (It is not mandatory and it is not a problem if you do not have any.)

None. Escaperestart/Blocktopia has been the only main server I have played on and I have never really wanted this position.

What do you think the role entails?
I think the role entails of getting the game to run smoothly and fair, to make people feel comfortable and creating fun. The role also entails to punish the people who are causing problems and breaking rules with small actions.

Why do you want to be a staff member?
I really enjoy playing on the server and I want to improve the server at any way I can. But the last few weeks I felt like I couldnt with the current position I have. This is also a great opportunity to get some good experience for later.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?
I am very active and have a great view of the rules. I have a lot of time and experience all the way back to aod 1.0, and I am a fine aod mapmaker. I know a lot of the map issues, hidden secrets, and powerful items in many of our maps. I have learned how to balance properly and I will use this experience on balancing and fixing many AoD maps.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I would simply just ask any avaible staffmembers around.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?
Eh, no I guess.

Please list your references: (For most applications at least 1 reference is mandatory!)

Friendy (thanks :D)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I gave you a reference because personally, I've never had or seen any issues with you regarding rule-breaking as far as my memory can serve, you're very active on AoD and have a great knowledge on how things work on our server coupled with a good, positive attitude, you're helpful and fun to talk to so for that reason you'd make a good addition to our team!

+1

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Hey Unub, thank for applying.

You have been with AoD2 pretty much since the start and have always been active here. You are one of the most experienced players. Also when I see you around you always try to make yourself helpful. There's not much more to say, you're a cool guy and definitely deserve a shot at moderator.

+1

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for applying. While I am waiting for 3nd to reply, his vote won't change the overall opinion of you from staff.
You've got all +1, and I personally know you have a good grasp of the rules and how the server works.

However, you do not have any prior staffing experience, but everyone has to start from somewhere right? So, I've decided to give you a shot.

Promoted to Trial Mod. I'll be sending you details shortly. Good luck with the trial!