Esteemed
Donor
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]In-game username:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]tyukmn[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Time-zone:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Central Time Zone[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff](Minnesota, USA)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Whenever I feel like getting on, which has been 7 or 8-11pm after work the last few months. And I’m usually on in the weekends.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I believe a moderator is a player who wants to help out the RoF server more than they currently can. Operators enforce rules, answer questions, and try to contribute to player builds or chat. Operators also help shape new updates to RoF by providing opinions to controllers+ or helping create content.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]What sets you apart from other applicants?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I like to think I notice player questions in chat that others overlook or ignore. I am also the kind of person that gives everyone a 3rd chance, if players say “sorry I won’t do it again” after griefing 2 times there is no need to still ban them without giving them a third strike. I feel like some players haven’t gotten a clear enough warning before they get banned. Similar to what Wimali said, I do ultimately care about the future of this server and wish for it flourish once again. I take pride in my trustworthy and honest character irl, and I’m not a fan of embellishing stories or information. I don’t intend to play try hard for the next two weeks, double answering questions and over providing information to new players. Judge me on how I have acted as a player for the last 2 years.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I assume server activity will stay at a low until the server reset, and would like to start off the reset as a contributor instead of a player. I have wanted to OP for some time now and decided not to apply last year due to the good number of operators we already had, as well as the timing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I am terrrrible at making snap decisions/opinions and often change them after re-thinking about them for a few minutes or hours. I haven’t talked with other players/staff with an actual mic before but would love to change that. I think I overuse commas and misuse colons a bunch :([/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]As everyone has always said in every other OP application, just ask another staff member, or attempt the problem the best on your own.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]This would be a new experience for me, I have not been an operator anywhere before.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I have played RoF almost exclusively, as well as community events.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]This application looks pretty bland but I don't have much more to add.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]References:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]midnightgirl24[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Ogarci[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Kevin_28[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Refrigerated[/BCOLOR]

Tamzies

Reaction score
I knew you were going to apply and I still have some second thoughts. Firstly in the last couple of months I have rarely seen you helping anyone. You mainly build a house, go to your plot (afk there), join last minute to get cookies. I don't think that is what a mod should do. Also you state this in your app:

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I believe a moderator is a player who wants to help out the RoF server more than they currently can. Operators enforce rules, answer questions, and try to contribute to player builds or chat.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Well, A player can answer questions, contribute to players builds and chat too. And I miss almost all of those with you. At least in the time zone I see you in. I like you as a player and before I certainly would have said yes. But since I have observed more of your behaviour I am starting to doubt if you would fit our team. We don't want a player that gets bored, because there isn't more to reach. You could still chat en contribute to builds etc. Also your greatest weakness is a bit too easy and I find that bit too be lacking something. My parents won't allow me talking to a mic to the other staff, but still I am a staff. Those aren't weaknesses, the only legit weakness you state is the first one. Hell, I type way too much comma's too! But that is something that belongs to your personal chat style, which makes you.. you basically. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]I vote -1 for now, but if you improve on your behaviour in chat and I see you contribute to builds etc. The exact items you stated above I might reconsider a re-vote. But currently I don't see you bringing anything fresh and new to the team. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff](Don't take this too personal, I like you as a person. ;))[/BCOLOR]

superhalo6

Reaction score
Personally I would have to give you a +0, although you should not use this as a reason to be disheartened, as your references (in my book, anyway) would qualify you for a trial (The only reason for my rating is that I haven't seen you being helpful)

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
This is an interesting one for me. I’ve been seeing indications of you applying for the past few months and I knew an application would come eventually. I paid extra attention to you since I got moderator in the case that you would indeed apply—but I still hadn’t been able to make up my mind at the time you posted this application. I was at work for a few hours today and thought about your application the entire time. I’ve come to a conclusion.

First of all, I’d like to talk about your dedication to RoF. You said “I do ultimately care about the future of this server and wish for it flourish once again”. I can attest this—In fact, in my eyes you’re one of the very few people who care for RoF’s longevity, for RoF itself, and who has been like this for a prolonged time. In the past there have been plenty of players who care a lot about RoF and put a lot of effort into the server, but they never seem to last. You’re one of the few who seem to last.

I feel like you’ve undersold yourself a bit here. Severely. Another thing that sets you apart is your contribution to RoF in the way of spreadsheets and other useful guides. I consider you the second biggest contributor to the what-blocks-melt list. You’ve helped (majorly) on the staff lists, invented the prestige players list, created a list of all shop items in prestige, most recently created the wigci list, and so on and so forth. You can find work where others can't, even as a normal player.

Although you are definitely less helpful on the servers (but not too say unhelpful) you help out in other ways. In my eyes, you lack the social aspect but you make up for it by overcompensating in other aspects. However, I think Tamzies has a lot of valid points. I’d like to address a specific one:

“You mainly build a house, go to your plot (afk there), join last minute to get cookies”

This is definitely true and it is something that the staff disapproves. It’s lazy, it’s unfair and it’s downright playing the game without... actually playing the game. It's something I don't endorse. But in a way, I can understand it—You don’t really care about playing the game, but you care about RoF as a whole. That’s what I deduct, anyway. You have been and continue to be one of the most active RoF players ever. It’s only natural that you would become bored with the game itself- It’s something I’ve noticed in myself, too.

Your knowledge of the game is nearly unmatched. You know more about RoF than most of its admins and/or staff. Your experience and insights regarding the server alone makes you a valuable asset to the team. You continue to look up and discover new things to learn every day, and often turn those into spreadsheets or other info that players may view.

You’ve already done so many things as a player- I am both excited and curious what you would do with the tools and information given to you as an moderator. I think you have great moderating potential. You’re definitely very capable.

Your biggest weakness is one which was also addressed by Tamzies—you don’t really help players that often in the game compared to how much a moderator should be helping. I think this should be your main working point. It’s at least half of the job—if you can’t do this, you are unfit as a moderator. But this is something that can easily be changed, and I trust that it would take you next to no effort.

Another problem is your absolute lack of experience. This is unusual for RoF: Most of the current staff members (if not all?) have years of experience as moderator; either having staffed for a very long time or having been staff in the past. Your lack of experience certainly sets you apart (negatively) and no doubt it’ll take some time for you to get used to staffing. Experience needs to be gained, and that takes time. But again—There have been plenty of unexperienced moderators in the past (they all were at one point) and I have no doubt that, after a few months, you will be just as capable if not more capable than most other moderators.

Currently, you don’t behave as a moderator. This is only natural, because you’ve never been a moderator before nor has anyone told you how they should act. This is definitely a problem, but you should learn as you go along. Truth be told, I expect you to be quite terrible the first few weeks, but once you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll be stellar.

tl;dr
+ You know more about the game than most other players
+ You genuinely care about RoF and its future, and have cared for years
+ You are interested in learning new things and you can find work where others can’t (e.g. WIGCI list)
+ You are very active, more active than most staff
+ You are capable of being moderator and handling the various responsibilities-- you have a lot of moderator potential.
- You don’t help players that often in-game
- You don't act the way a moderator should
- You have zero experience staffing

In short, I think you could be an amazing moderator and I would love to see you added to the team. A big +1 from me.

also you don't use that filthy term "moderator" but you use the superior and only correct "operator" which makes you instantly perfect for the job

Last edited:

Kevin_28

Reaction score
+1 to what Wimali stated. I think he pretty much covered my thoughts about you, as well. So good thing I don't have to take the time to write it out so exhaustively. ;) However, just so I won't look like a complete lazy bum, I will just state a couple of personal observations. I feel that you are more helpful than perceived normally in server. I've seen you help other players in their build and you have answered questions here and there. I've also seen you assist new players, albeit briefly, with getting them to the tutorial. You also took the time to get my attention when a new person joined and needed help through the tutorial. Obviously you are a very quiet/introverted person. So you can certainly improve on being a bit more vocal on the server. One of the biggest things for me when it comes to being an operator is being immersed in the game and interacting with the playerbase. I don't mean interacting just for rule enforcing purposes or to help out here and there, but also to make their overall experience enjoyable for the players, being more sociable and really make the server seem more like a community. So that would be my main reservation. I think there is a lot of potential for you and see you doing quite a bit on the forums side as well, as Wimali stated. +1

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
I think wim has pretty much nailed this application with his spam response.

One thing I am going to talk about is having little experience as a moderator and not being helpful enough.

From what wim said and many others: "You have zero experience staffing". Honestly I don't think this matters too much because on trial you start to learn how to be a better moderator and honestly everyone has gone through this process, where they've started with no experience. It's like when I started being staff back in CLS, I was a dimwit and wasn't that helpful in rounds and honestly I think my staffing method back then wasn't the best. However as the weeks went on I started to adapt to become a better staff member all round! I think you should defiantly go on trial and see how things work out. You might even be better than you think!

And for the "not being helpful enough". I find it easier to be an actual moderator to help since more people listen to staff help than players when asking for help!

Anyways I'm not going to go on too long and going to give you a +1 You definitely deserve a trail

• Agree
Reactions: Velzerat

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Hi Tyuk!

It doesn't matter if you have no experience staffing - we all have to start somewhere. You care about the server, you want to see it get better, you're active, and you try to help others. We think that you deserve a go at trial mod for a bit. Your trial will start on May 13th, after the wipe happens, just to make it a bit simpler for us.

Good luck!