TWG's Adv Builder Application

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Username: theWeakGuy48

Time spent on the server: 10 days and 17 hours

References (Adv+): Guinessis, Naterger, iiDeathCookies, Creeper_JeepersS, Diago21, SalientGorilla (thank you :D)

Screenshots/warps of creations:

TWG-Castle
Warp: /warp TWGCastle (in plots)

Fryststein
Warp: /warp AoDmap (in flatland)

Colourido
Warp: Im sorry I have deleted it because it was as an AoD map

StoneRun
Warp: /warp tagmapidea (in plots)

WaterFountain
Warp: /warp fountain (in flatland)

Signed: -Weak

Reactions: Zelz and Hex

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
EDIT: I just found out that I couldent use 'Edit'. When I press at 'EDIT' it just show all white. That have happened all time when I have pressed 'Edit' the last time. I have written something wrong and can't edit it, so I'm sorry for that the apply is just chaos...... Sorry for double post but I can't Edit the apply, It would be very nice if someone could help to fix this

Edit: thanks so much Guin! :D

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
I am so sorry for making this late, Weak. Let's get this moving, then.

TWGCastle: It's a nice castle, with a quite detailed exterior, but it doesn't have any interior design.

Fryststein: Good idea for the tag map, creative, but still lacks what the AdvBuilder rank needs. This goes for Colourido and Stonerun, as well.

Water fountain: Good fountain, but not much detail, and it's not big enough for AdvBuilder.

Assessing from what I have seen from all of this here, I'm going with a -1 for now, and it'll be a +1 if you improve on the problems I listed here.

tnm

Reaction score
Sorry for replying late, I've been really busy these last few days.
  • The castle: The exterior is nice, however it seems to have been just copy/pasted across; this isn't too much of an issue however there is no interior.
  • Fryststein: The build is ok, it's not amazing but its not terrible.
  • Water fountain: Nothing really negative to say about it, it's pretty good.
  • Colourido and StoneRun: Average quality builds, what we'd expect from a builder.
Your character is fine and I think you could be trusted with the commands, but the builders just aren't the quality I'd like. 0.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Right, I've been busy for the same reasons as tnm so here's my review.
  • Castle: Exterior has good block choice but it needs more variety. I can't comment on the interior as there is none. Perhaps add some interior?
  • Fryststein: It looks cool but it seems to be lacking. It's very 'grey'. Add some different blocks to break up the monotony?
  • StoneRun: Builder quality. Seems more to be based around gameplay than aesthetics.
  • Fountain: It looks nice but it's a little small. Add some surroundings!
  • Colourido: Shiny blocks and wool don't tend to look good together. Perhaps replace them with stained clay?
Overall I'm sadly going to have to -1 this application to begin with but I'm hoping you can change that with the feedback above!

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I gave TWG my reference because i feel he has potential. There are great improvements from his maps to his castle, & i feel like he will only further improve as time goes on. Though the castle may lack an interior, it has a good pattern throughout it. As well as demonstrating a knowledge of WE. TWG also has 10+ days of ontime, which shows his dedication and eagerness to build. I think given the right circumstances TWG will thrive and produce many great builds to come. Which is why i am going with a +1

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Alright, sorry for being late.

TWGcastle - I greatly enjoy the exterior and the terrain around it. One of my favorite castles on the outside. The only issue is there is not even a lick of anything on the inside (except for an AFK spot.) I did notice that there was a Work In Progress sign, so if you finish it up before your application is over, let me know.

Frystein - A good concept for an AoD map, ill admit, but not exactly what I would consider architecturally pleasing. Perhaps you could add more structure to it using varying blocks? Also, if you're going for a cold look, I would change out the brick and mossy stone blocks to something more frozen, but at the same time vary the blocks so its not monotonous. Consider adding more snow to the edges.

Colourido - Very pleasing to the eyes, in my opinion, except for the flat bottom. If you were to add different floor levels, it would be great!

StoneRun - Overall, this map is very bland. It's almost completely made up of stone and normal slabs, which is extremely monotonous. I realize that stone is the theme of the map, but if you were to add more stone brick, cobblestone, endstone, etc. it would look much better, but still keep the theme of the map.

WaterFountain - Looks very nice, but is fairly small for a build. If you could add on to it or perhaps make a nice path going around with terrain and benches, it would improve the overall quality of the area.

Currently, I'm going to have to go at a 0 , but if you change these builds up in the way I or any operator above has specified, I will probably change my vote to a +1. Good luck!

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
Should have known there'd be that one sneaky application this one didn't see.

Castle- This one has the same problem too, but it's a bit gray, no colours, and it doesn't really pop out to the eye. There is good detail in this though, keep it up!

Frystein- Same thing as your castle, but a bit better. A lot of AoD maps have the same map design, coincidence?

Colourido- It's... colorful, not that much detail though. It looks like it consists of mainly the same things over and over but in different colors. Sorry!

StoneRun- Uhh... Same thing with #1, and #2. The jumble is interesting, but a bit... quaint? What's the word...

WaterFountain- Noice!

Even though some of these are great builds, most lack personality. It's not bad to try using wood planks! or at least something like that. This one will be honest, it's time this one takes voting on Adv. applications with a serious -1 or absolutely 100% +1. Yours ranged about a 0, and since this is so late, it'll have to be a -1. :( Sorry maybe try again?

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Hmm, okay. I honestly see a load of potential here.

Castle: It's really nice, and the only thing I can suggest is shape the roof a little more, as it seems really diagonal which can get a little repetitive on builds.
Frystein: This is nice for the gameplay, and I like that. You thought about the actual in-game. However, it does lack aesthetics a little, but could easily be improved, and I believe you have potential to improve it.
Colourido: Personally, I'm not a huge fan of bright builds, and things such as gold blocks. You used them well, but there is far too much color in my opinion.
StoneRun: Again, I like this as a map but it seems you didn't focus on aesthetics as much, otherwise it could have been a really good map.
WaterFountain: I really like this, and this, alongside the castle, is what I see the most potential in. It's definitely good, however could be improved. Like I said with the castle roof, parts are a little diagonal, which puts me off.

All in all though, you're a nice guy and you're very active. Because of said activity, I believe you can easily practice your builds, try out new things, and get a lot better. As Nate said, you're constantly improving, which leads me to give you a +1.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
I've sat down for roughly ten minutes trying to bring myself to a confident decision. I would be happy to see you as part of the Adv. Builder family as your buildings, ontime and behaviour really do show that you're dedicated to building and that hits home with me. +1.

• Thank You
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Not away anymore.

Scale of the builds is good on some of them. Props for one of them being an AoD map. But the color's lacking. It's all the same sort of gray in your best ones. Needs some more material variety (Non-stonework). The rest of the builds, from a gameplay perspective, are great. But from an aesthetic perspective, the one that matters most with Adv Builders, there's a fair bit of room for improvement.

0 from me

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Right, right. I've looked over everything, read everyone's comments, and in the end, I'm not sure you're ready for Advanced Builder yet. Your block variety is pretty limited, and while many of your builds are big(physically), I don't think you're at the level we're looking for. Your dedication is appreciated, but build quality wise, I'm not sure you're quite there yet.
For now, application declined. You may reapply in 2+ weeks, once you've taken the criticism in this thread and applied said suggestions to current/new builds.